Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If there is any conflict within the Alliance it would not be started by Varian.
    The way they have written him in the games and novels is that he is the anti - Garrosh. He starts of rash and full of rage and completely unreasonable and they had him go through all this soul searching (contrived as it may be) that he now mostly keeps his cool and is a lot more willing to talk things over.

So yeah the best bet for Alliance tension was back in WotLK where he was still all for the extermination of all Horde races whilst other more diplomatic leaders like Velen or Jaina(yeah yeah Blizz oh the irony) might have been at more odds about that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Maybe the draenei accidently crash the deep run tram

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You can't really have in a coalition the kind of conflicts a despot generates. The dysfunctional family of the horde can have its dysfunctions. The Alliance isn't a family, and that is why it's better managed.
    Anduin hugs the hate out.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Anduin hugs the hate out.
    Until their dying breath.
    Oh yeah, the other reasons explained are completely right. The alliance is stable by nature, for its lands, leaders, locations and history of cooperation. The only chance is Jaina IMO, but I really hope they will not waste a long standing character in that annoying way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You can't really have in a coalition the kind of conflicts a despot generates. The dysfunctional family of the horde can have its dysfunctions. The Alliance isn't a family, and that is why it's better managed.
    Coalitions commonly have internal conflicts, maybe not as big, but they certainly do. The Alliance may be tight, but they don't all have the exact same goals. I'm sure for instance the Draenei and Dwarves have differing opinions on the importance of dealing with the Forsaken and how to do so as the Gilneans.

And also, a coalition doesn't prevent conflict within the races/kingdoms. While not directly part of the Alliance, we see internal Draenei conflict in WoD. We know Dwarves don't have the most stable government right now and humans (by extension Gilneans) will be humans. There always will be some evil human out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Until their dying breath.
    Oh yeah, the other reasons explained are completely right. The alliance is stable by nature, for its lands, leaders, locations and history of cooperation. The only chance is Jaina IMO, but I really hope they will not waste a long standing character in that annoying way.
    But that doesn't apply to internal racial relations. The Alliance itself may be incredibly stable, but none of the 4 main Alliance races are immune to dissent from within.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2015-05-26 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I don't think it would be that hard and as an alliance player, I would welcome conflict.

Highborn and nightelves are the first ideas that popped into my mind, but have their presence be even greater than just before. Perhaps there are two faction of highborn, one that wants to join the alliance, the other that wants to go back to the older ways of magic?

Also, it would not be hard to introduce new characters in the alliance that cause a stir. Remember, it does not take a whole race to ruin a faction. Have a new admiral enlisted in the alliance that is war hungry. As long as it's not a cliche villain, I'm all game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    If there is any conflict within the Alliance it would not be started by Varian.
    The way they have written him in the games and novels is that he is the anti - Garrosh. He starts of rash and full of rage and completely unreasonable and they had him go through all this soul searching (contrived as it may be) that he now mostly keeps his cool and is a lot more willing to talk things over.

So yeah the best bet for Alliance tension was back in WotLK where he was still all for the extermination of all Horde races whilst other more diplomatic leaders like Velen or Jaina(yeah yeah Blizz oh the irony) might have been at more odds about that.
    After the second war, Terenas tried to take control of the Alliance, which caused a good number of nations to bail and got this gem from Genn:
    "Damn the orcs, damn the Alliance, and damn you! The last thing Gilneas needs is sponges from other nations drawing from our resources, Dalaran wizards meddling with our affairs, and someone else's enemies killing our soldiers! Gilneas is its own nation and it always will be. This is the last time I'll ever talk to you, Terenas, so I hope you were listening."

Varian's kind of doing the same thing with the whole High King bullshit.

Yeah, great work. So right decision. He never regreted it, didn't he?
    That world hadn't threats at all afternthe orcish invasion was over, the today world is still full of threats. It's the most stupid thing a monarch/leader can do abandoning one of the most powerful factions in the world (and the one which could guarantee a decent level of prosperity by now) in favor of pseudo e patrioti thoughts and "We need no-one" philosophies. Every faction needs the others in present day azeroth.

Yeah, great work. So right decision. He never regreted it, didn't he?
    That world hadn't threats at all afternthe orcish invasion was over, the today world is still full of threats. It's the most stupid thing a monarch/leader can do abandoning one of the most powerful factions in the world (and the one which could guarantee a decent level of prosperity by now) in favor of pseudo e patrioti thoughts and "We need no-one" philosophies. Every faction needs the others in present day azeroth.

Yes, they need the Alliance.

That doesn't mean they have to like or put up with Varian's increasing power. And they really shouldn't.

Also, worked out pretty well for Genn, he saved his nation from the zombie apocalypse.

I didn't say everyone has to bow his head to Varian everytime. And if Gilneas have had helped during the third war, maybe a part of lordaeron would be safe by now. And the scourge could've attack and conquered Gilneas without problems with less other enemies around the world. So no, Gilneas avoided the zombie apocalypse totally by random.

I didn't say everyone has to bow his head to Varian everytime. And if Gilneas have had helped during the third war, maybe a part of lordaeron would be safe by now. And the scourge could've attack and conquered Gilneas without problems with less other enemies around the world. So no, Gilneas avoided the zombie apocalypse totally by random.
    Wasn't the reason the Scourge failed precisely due to the wall? I think there was a flashback in Genn's leader shortstory, where he was standing on the wall looking at the undead trying to break through and failing at it. The Forsaken only managed to invade thanks to Cataclysm breaking both the wall and the rocky shore that had acted as natural defense against naval invasion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Wasn't the reason the Scourge failed precisely due to the wall? I think there was a flashback in Genn's leader shortstory, where he was standing on the wall looking at the undead trying to break through and failing at it. The Forsaken only managed to invade thanks to Cataclysm breaking both the wall and the rocky shore that had acted as natural defense against naval invasion.
    Yes, if the wall wasn't there then Gilneas would be zombies along with Lordaeron.

That's Terenas' fault. He pissed in everyone's cheerios and lost a bunch of allies because of it then his nation got steamrolled by zombies.

Deleted
    I think there's plenty of opportunity for conflict that doesn't seem forced. We have several different groups each looking to further their own interests. The most obvious route to take is that certain members of the Alliance want war (Jaina, The Silver Covenant, Gilneas, some Night Elves), whereas others want peace (Stormwind, Dwarves, Draenei, Gnomes, Pandaren). Then there's the Dark Irons causing a lot of tension, there's plenty of routes to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina and Varian going apeshit bonkers and turning on the rest of the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

This is out of topic but why did Friendly got banned? BTW the Alliance are portraited by Blizzard as those that asnwer the call to defend Azeroth from threats either they are outside threats or from Horde threats. It is true that the Horde helped from time to time but many times when someone unstable is in the helm of the Horde they prefer the destruction of Azeroth in their Quest for victory against the Alliance. The Alliance hasn't done that yet. I don't think that can change. It is how they are written. The Alliance will be always The White Knights and the Horde will always be the Anti Heroes with Twirling Moustache Gonna destroy the World Villain syndrome from time to time.

Moria Thaurissan! I think I remember her not being too happy about Thaurissan being murdered, and not being granted rule over the dwarves. I do know she has quite the attitude though!

We'll have to see what dark secret Yrel has as well.

There's also still a whole bunch of potential plot with the Gilnean stuff.

1. Resurrect Lord Garithos
    2. Watch result
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT and Alliance civil war!

But in all seriousness you need a cunt from one faction to obtain power and create shit and division that could tear said race and the whole alliance apart. The one thing about the allies is everyone seems so cozy with each other with no friction or any conflict what so ever. It makes the aliles so fucking boring.

Its like the Horde is some trash reality tv family that is full of conflict and so much fun to watch and the allies are that wholesome all round nice family that makes fucking boring TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need a Garrosh or a Sylvanas, probably more of a Garrosh. And the only one to be able to do that is Jaina, but I doubt it, feminazis would go batshit, not to mention the people that ''miss'' her WC3 depiction. So yeah good luck with that, right now in Warlords shes 50/50, not trusting but not rampaging at the first sight of one.

Only possible conflict afaik would be if Maiev has some undercover agents in Darnassus after her batshit attempt in Wolfheart. Eventually causing a civil war within the night elves ranks.

Moira would have been possible with the dwarfs, if she didn't suddenly get noble (unless it was a ploy) during that MoP scenario.

Dwarves had a potential to bring internal conflic, but then High Chin appears and saves the day. All praise King Varian!

On more serious note I have 3 ideas:

- For worgen to act on thier own, and try to retake the Gilneas, they could blame Varian for doing nothig in this regard, and take a chunk of people to fight on their own.

- For night elves to have people trying to dethrone Tyrande and Malfurion, with Maiev to be the one who initiated it. Night elves are desperate to get fresh blood and end their stagnation. There are many things from the past that haven't been adressed yet. And it would be great opportiunity to get some flash on old dirts.

- for gnomes to get unique hero. Someone who is not so goodie, someone who would made a mess just to get some gain from it. Perhaps seeing Aliance in small chaos would help him achieve something he wanted, perhaps to find something he was looking for. Maybe a copy of Millhouse Manastorm, but I'd like for him to be less a comic relief and more someone who could actually be creepy.

These are my ideas. Feel free to elaborate xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria