[weaver + new player help] US Gilgamesh

Hey, everyone I just started to get back into FFXIV.

I think its going to be my new go-to MMO! Yay!

but... I left a long time ago after hitting 50 on a white mage. (hes ilvl 49)

First things first, I want to level a weaver...mostly because I am poor and want cloth glamours for my white mage. =P I only have 65k gil and most weaver guides I find seem to be for established players that have the capacity to power level via leves. I get this feeling...I am not that kind of player. Not yet at least haha.

Should I still purse this type of leveling? or what would you guys suggest for a person trying to level a weaver?

ALSO, if anyone is looking for a pocket newbie white mage on US Gilgamesh let me know. My name is Ivan Leading XD

Levequest levelling is definitely the fastest route for crafters, unfortunately it's either time intensive (if you grind the mats yourself) or money intensive (if you buy them)

Also, since the game came out the friendly beast tribe quests have been added, the Ixali are all about crafting things, if you do as many quests as you can you'll usually get 2-3 levels every daily reset, it starts in Gridania near the grand company headquaters, it's a level 1 quest but I can't remember the name

Also, a bit of a money making tip, if you haven't already, take any levelling gear you may have and convert it into materia and then sell the materia on the AH, it'll get you enough money to survive for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Levequest levelling is definitely the fastest route for crafters, unfortunately it's either time intensive (if you grind the mats yourself) or money intensive (if you buy them)

Also, since the game came out the friendly beast tribe quests have been added, the Ixali are all about crafting things, if you do as many quests as you can you'll usually get 2-3 levels every daily reset, it starts in Gridania near the grand company headquaters, it's a level 1 quest but I can't remember the name

Also, a bit of a money making tip, if you haven't already, take any levelling gear you may have and convert it into materia and then sell the materia on the AH, it'll get you enough money to survive for a while
    Those are all very good tips and points. Don't forget that you can also do daily provision quests for your Grand Company. Each crafting profession and Gathering Profession has them. Make sure the item you trade in is HQ for the maximum xp and seals, and if there is a gold star next to the item in question you will receive bonus xp and seals