How to Transcendence out of Iron Maidens without getting ported back in

So I just found this out during my guild's mythic progression. You can put transcendence in the water and not die! Normally if you put transcendence on the little platform by the boss arena, it instantly ports you back in, but just putting it in the water allows you to stay there. You'll still get hit by Admiral Garans abilities but they don't do much damage. You will, however, die from the dreadnaught explosion.

Hope this helps some people save on some repair bills!

Deleted
    You can also put it to the back right (around a corner) the teleport the encounter uses seems to have a line of sight

you can reset the fight by placing port on the ramp and bringing marak or sorka over then taunting them out and porting at the same time. if you do it the way you listed, everyone will die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    if you do it the way you listed, everyone will die.

No they won't. You can line of sight whatever teleports you back in. Either by placing it in the water or behind the wall to the back right. We did it every pull.

place image on the entry ramp just barely in the water, then they won't grip you back into the fight area.

10+ Year Old Account
    while I put my spirit on the water and I teleport to there successfully without getting gripped back into the fight, everytime I try to taunt one of them particularly Sorka or Marak, they drop aggro almost instantly as soon as I get out of the fight. I guess resetting the fight cleanly isn't possible?
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2015-06-09 at 09:08 AM.

Weird reading a post about the exact same thing me and other monks started doing tonight on the same night reading about a post some guy wrote about doing the same thing on the night he did Maidens on the same night that I did maidens on the night that I read about him doing maidens.

Edit: Made it more confusing
    Last edited by Shampun; 2015-06-09 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampun View Post
    Weird reading a post about the exact same thing me and other monks started doing tonight on the same night reading about a post some guy wrote about doing the same thing on the night he did Maidens on the same night that I did maidens on the night that I read about him doing maidens.

Edit: Made it more confusing
    Now my brain hurts -_-

I personally place mine behind the barrels to the right of the bosses (outside of the room). The ramp/water stuff felt inconsistent for me as far as whether they'd chase me out after a taunt, but I've yet to have this spot fail and it's out of line of sight so you don't get ported back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerya View Post
    I personally place mine behind the barrels to the right of the bosses (outside of the room). The ramp/water stuff felt inconsistent for me as far as whether they'd chase me out after a taunt, but I've yet to have this spot fail and it's out of line of sight so you don't get ported back in.
    This one works best for me, just got to try it on progress night earlier!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used the trick to put it in the water, worked beautifully.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Since I cannot post links, I will do the best explaining that I can. If you are coming up the maidens platform from the ramp in the water (boat behind you) the maidens are right in front of you and there is an exit to the right. Start walking towards that exit and you will notice one rope parallel to your movement direction to your right and one perpendicular (the edge of the battle zone) on the left. Turn left and follow it from the outside and you will get to some crates, continue along them and you will come to the base of the pillar. Right around the corner, just enough to put yourself out of LOS of the platform, place your trans. If you need to reset, taunt the boss, run to the far right corner of the battle zone and trans over to behind the boxes.

Note: the area you put your trans behind isn't the the crate or the a barrel but rather a giant pillar

Final note: your trans resets if you on the boat because you are out of range.

Edit: Oh wow, I can post links. Here's a gif of it.
    http://gfycat.com/ThoseDeliriousIndochinesetiger
    Last edited by Weagree; 2015-06-12 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weagree View Post
    Since I cannot post links, I will do the best explaining that I can. If you are coming up the maidens platform from the ramp in the water (boat behind you) the maidens are right in front of you and there is an exit to the right. Start walking towards that exit and you will notice one rope parallel to your movement direction to your right and one perpendicular (the edge of the battle zone) on the left. Turn left and follow it from the outside and you will get to some crates, continue along them and you will come to the base of the pillar. Right around the corner, just enough to put yourself out of LOS of the platform, place your trans. If you need to reset, taunt the boss, run to the far right corner of the battle zone and trans over to behind the boxes.

Note: the area you put your trans behind isn't the the crate or the a barrel but rather a giant pillar

Final note: your trans resets if you on the boat because you are out of range.

Edit: Oh wow, I can post links. Here's a gif of it.
    http://gfycat.com/ThoseDeliriousIndochinesetiger
    Yeah you must need to just break LOS of the boss. I'd put mine there, but we have all our sorka tornadoes going in the corner right there