Arguments for Scientific Racism!

Scientific racism is hilariously inaccurate. Especially the arguments for it. One of the arguments I hear is that because "Black" people come from Africa, they evolved to be more athletic because they were running and competing from lions, leopards, hyenas and much of what we consider to be Africa's fauna. Africans evolved longer legs and faster reflexes to get away from all these animals and such.

Well that would that might make sense... but it doesn't. While Africans may have been facing African lions, African leopard, African Cheetahs, African elephants, hippopotamus, two species of rhinoceros and spotted hyenas. Guess what? Prehistoric Europeans were fighting... lions, leopards, elephants, hippopotamus, wild cattle almost as large as Asian elephants, multiple bison species, wolves, spotted hyenas and multiple species of bears. Not to mention that much of the European species were significantly larger than their African cousins.

Another argue which makes a bit more sense is IQ, however does IQ prove anything ACTUALLY about race? I mean multiple different people from multiple different cultural and educational backgrounds aren't going to be of the same intelligence. I mean it's like if you took Neil Degrasse Tyson and compared his IQ to some dude living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere in the deep south. If you really want to get accurate results, adopt multiple babies of different races, raise them with the EXACT same dependent variables and the EXACT same social biases and then test their IQ.

What also annoys me are afrocentrists? They say that white people are albinos, which isn't even correct on the basic level of what albinism means. All humans have melanin, we have varying amounts of melanin due to adaptation to varying climate, but Europeans have melanin, so do East Asians. I can't say much else, because much of what they believe is more about history than science.

Another thing I must say is that race as we see it is a social construct, that doesn't mean that biological race doesn't exist, but it's much different than our social constructs. If you want to get technical, many East Asian races are as "white" if not "whiter" than any European race. Almost all humans are mutts, we are mixed with something. However, we judge race by solely on appearance and not genetics. A guy you could call "white" may be 20% Bantu African, 2% Cherokee and 3.4% Han Chinese and only be 75.7% of any European race (sorry, bad at math).

Does this make any sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but most of your post doesn't seem to make much sense. It's all over the place.
    I don't feel like most of the things you're talking about are scientific arguments, but more so thoughts of people who aren't scientists? Like the idea of why Africans "are more athletic".

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I'm sorry, but most of your post doesn't seem to make much sense. It's all over the place.
    I don't feel like most of the things you're talking about are scientific arguments, but more so thoughts of people who aren't scientists? Like the idea of why Africans "are more athletic".
    I ramble, I admit that. You also don't need to be a scientist to condone scientific racism. They aren't supported by scientific evidence, that's why it's hilarious.

The thing about racism is that it can never be justified.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't gonna happen; way too much potential for superbad responses. Locking this.