Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
I did enjoy. I always like fourth spec threads as they are fun discussions of what are classes could receive.

Whether it will actually happen is up in the air of course, in some ways 10 new specs to the game would be like adding three new classes at once and could present Blizzard with a balancing nightmare.

Timeweaving for Mages is the logical addition of course, if they ever do add fourth specs it would reflect the classes increasing use of the ability.

For Priests I think a melee based class, similar to the Friar from DAoC in conception, might be a better way forward.

For Death Knight, a fourth spec could be a ranged dps class based on the old Necromancer.

Warlock is definitely a tank...some might even suggest calling the spec Demon Hunter...
This is something I already worked out in a similar thread a couple of days ago.

Something I worked out a while ago. I'll try write what I can remember of the top of my head.

Class: Death Knight

Specialization Name: Necromancer

Role: Ranged dps/ pet management

Class themes: The whole idea of the spec is to summon a small group of undead do fight for you, while you don't really have much damaging spells yourself, you instead manage the undeads who will do the damage for you. The key spell to heal your undead would be death coil. You would summon an array of different undeads ranging from melee skeletals to ranged casters. For defensive purposes, the necromancer would rely on bone shield but most importantly on runic circles. In lore necromancers would use runic circles to protect them from whatever they summoned. In our case it could provide me some invulnerability. As the DK is not really able to do damage himself it wont matter much. And there are still ways to get someone out of place.

I don't think it would be as much work as people turn it out to be, Whenever they add a new class, they have to adjust all the other classes as well so everything is 'balanced'. And tbh I wouldn't mind if they spent more time in creating a fourth spec for every class then they did in other areas of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
Warrior: Sword&Board Melee (Gladiator) or Physical Ranged, using throwing weapons (smaller versions of your normal melee weapons) instead.
How about something like this?

Class: Warrior

Specialization Name: Archery

Role: Ranged dps

Class themes: Warrior using both a bow or gun and a twohanded weapon. I'm actually not sure about using a bow because you need two hands for that, and an axe in my proposal. Basically the archer would do most dps using his ranged weapon. He would gradually build up a resource to be able to throw his twohanded weapon (which is attached to the archer by a chain, so that it can be pulled back.

Mechanic notes: Haven't worked it out mechanically yet. But as I said, Perhaps we would have some basic attacks which would generate rage, and then when enough rage is gained, it would be used to throw a twohanded weapon towards the target. AOE ability would include throwing the weapon in a spinning motion, this would cost less rage as the weapon would need to be rethrown constantly in order to keep up aoe damage. CC abilities would also involve the weapon being thrown, it could be used to either ensnare the target in its place or to pull the target by the chain back to you.