Poll: Do you subscribe just for raids?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    1) It's obnoxious to have a different question in the title than in the poll. Thankfully, that doesn't confuse the answer in this case.

2) I'd have quit any time since TBC if it weren't for raiding. In Vanilla, I was enough of a noob that raiding wasn't a core part of my time in-game.

3) It feels like you're trying to get people who play to raid to "agree" with you, and I don't. I think the game is great outside of raiding, but that world has no interest to me since that isn't why I play the game. Hearing about no flying didn't disturb me at all, for instance. Polls are a lot less annoying when you're not trying to push your agenda.
    1) I realized it soon after making the poll and wanted to change it but can't and yes; at least it doesn't change the answer.

3) I'm entitled to give my opinion on the topic just as you are.

Deleted
    100% I would not be playing WoW if it was not for raiding.

That is not new to this expansion though right?

During WotLK it was only raiding that brought me back after the first tier was so disappointing (Naxx rework and ToC are both in my top 5 worst raids of all time).

Raiding outside of Dragon Soul for the last 3 expansions has been amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    100% I would not be playing WoW if it was not for raiding.

That is not new to this expansion though right?

During WotLK it was only raiding that brought me back after the first tier was so disappointing (Naxx rework and ToC are both in my top 5 worst raids of all time).

Raiding outside of Dragon Soul for the last 3 expansions has been amazing though.
    That's funny. I loved having the Naxx rework even though it was a faceroll. ToC was decent enough on the encounters but I can see why people disliked it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broski View Post
    That's funny. I loved having the Naxx rework even though it was a faceroll. ToC was decent enough on the encounters but I can see why people disliked it.
    Ulduar and ICC made up for it.

But so many people rave about WotLK raiding and 2 of the raids where terrible, if you compare that to Mists where all the raids were amazing.

Raid progression with my casual guild is absolutely the reason I subscribe. I do other things in-game like pet battles and pvp, but without raiding there would be no reason to pay $15 a month. Actually, I usually am on-again-off-again with my subscription but this is the first expansion I've really stuck with it all the way so far because I really enjoy the raids.

absolutely I would quit

raiding is literally the only thing keeping me from quitting, has been for some time now too

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    . . . if you compare that to Mists where all the raids were amazing.
    One word: Garalon. *shudder*

Deleted
    I dont raid atm, i only do LFR.
    If LFR were removed i would probably stop playing.

When not raiding at a Mythic level, I find it much more pleasant to raid with pugs when it suits me and raid what I want to raid.

IMO Pugging >> Getting raid logging guildies to be helpful to do something organized outside official raid-hours.

Why is it like that now ?? at early expansions it was never that way...

The answer would be the people.

I would quit if I wasn't raiding, no other reason to play the game. I have only done LFR 3-4 times this expansion with all of my chars combined, I don't consider that raiding... If my guild stopped raiding I would probably quit just because I have better things to do anyway.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-05-25 at 04:13 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I voted yes, as that's exactly what I did.

As someone who doesn't raid, WoD offered me nothing relevant apart from a garrison Facebook game and a crappy daily apexis quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    One word: Garalon. *shudder*
    One bad boss does not make a raid bad for me.

Having 5 bosses in one room or 14 scaled up bosses made from one of the hardest raids in WoW history (at the time) to the easiest raid in WoW history for me does make a raid bad.

Simply, yes I would.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

I feel I have to point out that the question from your topic is very different than the context of your post.

Would you quit if you weren't organized raiding? Yes.

You describe enjoying an aspect of the game that still entails community in the situation you describe with your guild.

This MMO has lacked in the community department ever since convenience based systems were implimented such as group finder based systems. We no longer need a large network of friends in order to stay busy in warcraft.

The conversation of how auto fill systems like the group finder effect the subscription base in the long term may answer more questions of how it ultimately erodes the community.

From a completely non-biased point of view... there are so many other games that do so much of the "gameplay and other features" portion of the game SO much better than WoW, that there's no question that if there was another game that had end game raiding that was even close to Warcraft, I'd be gone... Rift had decent raiding but there was still something off about it... Raiding is undoubtedly the only reason I still sub to WoW, and being social about that, MOST of the people in my guild feel the same.

Amazing Sig by Eis!

Without raiding 5 hours main raid, 3 hours for alt run, 2 hours for boost run

every week I wouldn't even be logging into the game. I do literately nothing in the game apart from that.

If my current guild disbanded I probably wouldn't bother finding a new guild because it is such a hassle to find good 3 day raiding guilds. I would just quit until one of my friends finds a guild for me or want me raiding with them.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2015-05-25 at 04:26 PM.

The only reason I have started WoW in the first place were raids. So yeah only playing to raid

I won't vote since i already quit, but perhaps a better question to ask would have been: if you could no longer raid with the team you have now, would you still sub? pretty sure if you ust flat out could never raid then the obvious answer for most of the community would be to leave.
    I wanted to unsub probably by the end of December, middle of Feb, but my guild was still going strong at that point. I was friends with everyone there, the atmosphere was fun and friendly and the GM was so impressed with me when we first bumped into each other in a pug that he eventually offered to pay for my xfer if i joined the guild.
    they had been an active raiding guild all through the soO drought so i stayed with them but it did not take long for WoD to start claiming our vets one by one. we went from 18 raiders down to seven in half a month at one point. the GM and tanks quit and those who stayed were on their way out.
    my time expired last night.
    if i could still raid with my guild, i probably would have stuck it out a little bit longer. social connections make the game for me. I survived all the other xpacks even when i could not raid but wod became a waste of computer memory once I have to observe the game alone.
    raid or die.

I don't raid, and yes, that's one of the primary reasons I quit. WoD's non-raid options for things to do at level 100 don't interest me. Daily garrison chores kept me interested for a couple of weeks, but once I got bored of that, I got to the point where I no longer felt like logging in to the game. When you get to that point, it's time for a break.

/shrug. It's not one of those "I HATE THIS GAME I AM QUITTING 4 EVER I HATE U ALL HERE IS A YOUTUBE VID OF ME DELETING ALL MY CHARACTERS!!1111" deals. I'll come back when I see a patch note or two that actually interests me. But until then, I'm enjoying other games.

Well, given that I haven't set foot in a raid since Throne of Thunder and am still playing, and haven't set foot in an arena since early MoP, I'd say no. But then, I'm a roleplayer. I don't need a new raid to have fun.