Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] Thoughts on our Archimonde class trinket?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on our resto specific trinket. In my mind, it seems awful. Its 5-9% chance (depending on ilvl) for Rejuvenation. Genesis, and Lifebloom ticks to also heal a raid member within 8 yards for the same amount. I can so no reason why someone would choose this trinket over just a flat intellect trinket. Am I missing something?

Deleted
    I don't know much about healing but 8 yards is very small, surely this makes it only really good for the 'melee' and niche situations where stacking is appropriate? Even then the chance seems fairly poor. Also, is it smart healing? Will it heal an injured person? The most injured person? Any person? That seems important.

All in all the druid class trinkets all seem fairly poor to me, maybe the feral one is good though, not sure how the feral community feels about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufficient View Post
    Its 5-9% chance (depending on ilvl) for Rejuvenation. Genesis, and Lifebloom ticks to also heal a raid member within 8 yards for the same amount.
    No. It heals ALL raid members within 8 yards for that amount. So for stacked fights with lots of AoE damage, the trinket is awesome, inspite of the high mana regen cost of one trinket slot.

However, there are very few fights like that in the next tier, so it will only be used situationally.

Tested it for PTR testing a while ago and it was pretty horrible. LIke Thal said, it'll be pretty decent for stacked fights, but overall it's going to be changing out trinkets on a fight by fight basis. This just isn't a trinket you throw on and do the tier with. 8 yards is incredibly short range, and the percentage on it isn't amazing either. It's a nice idea, but I don't feel they made it powerful enough, especially in comparison to the other trinket options.

Regardless of that trinket, we are all going to progress with

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124232/i...gift&bonus=567 (int + spirit + crit in use proc)
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124233/d...tery&bonus=567 (int + haste + reduce mana cost)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstaz View Post
    The crit trinket will get a severe nerf with next PTR build. Pretty unlikely it will be BiS for resto. Also you forgot the OP as fuck leech trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    The crit trinket will get a severe nerf with next PTR build. Pretty unlikely it will be BiS for resto. Also you forgot the OP as fuck leech trinket.
    the leach trinket is op? really? why ? :0

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    the leach trinket is op? really? why ? :0
    Because you can spread large amount of leech to the entire raid and generate a very significant amount of self healing (and if multiple healers in the raid have the leech trinket...winning!) - at least in its current form - its way too strong as is so it should be nerfed a little before release...but you never know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Because you can spread large amount of leech to the entire raid and generate a very significant amount of self healing (and if multiple healers in the raid have the leech trinket...winning!) - at least in its current form - its way too strong as is so it should be nerfed a little before release...but you never know :P
    Most sensible would be an upper cap, i think. Other than that, i kinda hope it stays the way it is... now where did i leave my straw...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    No. It heals ALL raid members within 8 yards for that amount. So for stacked fights with lots of AoE damage, the trinket is awesome, inspite of the high mana regen cost of one trinket slot.

However, there are very few fights like that in the next tier, so it will only be used situationally.
    Do you have a source for that? That it's going to heal EVERYONE within 8 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post
    easy to test on the ptr.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post
    I believe it's just 5 people within 8 yards, although I don't know how it picks those 5 from everyone else.

http://i.imgur.com/FhqGdNV.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    I believe it's just 5 people within 8 yards, although I don't know how it picks those 5 from everyone else.

http://i.imgur.com/FhqGdNV.jpg
    Thank you for this answer. I hope they make the rules for it clearer before it hits live. Also 8 yards is too small of a radius and the % chance is seems too low. Especially if it has no secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I havent try out this trinket on the PTR, so i might be wrong, but im not actualy sure how this trinket really work. Does the leech effect will be cummulative or replace by the next effective healing? Cause if the later option reveal to be true, i dont know if its going to be really good for us. For exemple, think of a Regrowth on a tank that heal him for let say 40k. With the Mythic leech trinket, so its 1.04% leech, he get 416 leech, so that what? 2% leech maybe? ( i dont know the formula to find the % of leech). 2% self healing from a tank (so maybe 25-30k dps on ST) so 2.5K-3K hps on them. If we take the option i was speaking, then rejuv hit for 4k replace the actual leech for a big 41.6 leech! yay!

If the first option is taken then, sky is the limit, and the trinket will be really too good. At some point 3 healer with that trinket that only keep that leech rating up will be able to heal any fight if the leech is cummulative, which i am sure that wont happen cause, theoricly, you could have 100% leech on fight w/ constant dmg which translate too way too much self healing for dps.

again, take that with a grain of salt, maybe there is a cap or im just plain wrong. But in those 2 scenario ive discribe, either the trinket is too good or is too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leech trinket stacks the same way resolve/vengeance does/did. First heals in will be the first part of the buff to fall off over the 10 secs. Also, you can have multiple leech buffs from multiple people. When i was messing around with the trinket and standing in lava next to the MC entrance in Blackrock Mountain(it has to be effective healing to trigger it), i was able to maintain about a 15-20% leech buff on myself just from the shitty lava ticks.

If every healer in the raid has Leach trinket during peroids of High damage your leach could be as high as 50%. Which means that every DPS will pretty much auto top themselves on the strength of the trinket alone.

*assuming the different trinkets stack, haven't actually tested. I have gotten my own leach to 30-35% just from healing myself during testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    If every healer in the raid has Leach trinket during peroids of High damage your leach could be as high as 50%. Which means that every DPS will pretty much auto top themselves on the strength of the trinket alone.

*assuming the different trinkets stack, haven't actually tested. I have gotten my own leach to 30-35% just from healing myself during testing.
    got my self to 50% without much issues was quite som healing needed though, but that was the hc trinket with brf gear, consider mythic in a raiding environment

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    got my self to 50% without much issues was quite som healing needed though, but that was the hc trinket with brf gear, consider mythic in a raiding environment
    Im sure you could get the leach to 70%+ but the point is overhealing doesn't add to the leach so getting 50%+ will only ever happen during very high raid damage which is usually only a few points in a fight. Having said that, with the Mythic version having a much higher multiplier you will see significantly boost although once you get to those high leech%'s diminishing returns start to have a real effect.
    Last edited by Coppas; 2015-05-27 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    Im sure you could get the leach to 70%+ but the point is overhealing doesn't add to the leach so getting 50%+ will only ever happen during very high raid damage which is usually only a few points in a fight. Having said that, with the Mythic version having a much higher multiplier you will see significantly boost although once you get to those high leech%'s diminishing returns start to have a real effect.
    That is the beauty of the trinket though. It's most effective, when it's most needed.

That said, can't see this trinket staying the way it is. Then again, the tuning has been pretty terrible lately anyway :P

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    This effect is cool but don't forget that you will reach such levels of leech AFTER healing. So, if there isn't sustained damages that's useless.
    Damages like Gruul's slice (whitout the DoT component) are healed really fast and the 30% + leech effect you will put on dps will be a total lost (because they don't take any other damages before the buff expire, except for the Dot component ).

But, on abilities like Backhand's demolitions (MM) it could be really useful.
    I think we shouldn't get too exited about this trinket because it will be very situational.

I've only tested HM so correct me if i'm wrong but id doesn't seem to be a lot of big sustained raid-wide damages on Hellfire's citadel.