Deleted

Have Arms warriors been changed yet?

Hey all, I haven't played since WoD release, I usually main an Arms Warrior, but before I left the game, the Arms play style was awful, has any changes been made to it? Has Slam been buffed? Or is WhirlWind still about? Only asking cause im thinking of resubbing

Slam get buff but it does not matter becous Arms is all about MS and Execute

WW is still the elephant in the room and they have no signs of changing it. As far as I'm aware Celestalon hasn't spoken of the almost universally negative response Arms has had since summer 2014.

Look at the general state of WoD. Downward spiral. Assume that it will stick until evidence suggests otherwise. Latest interviews display that Ion Hazzikostas (lead game designer) has mental problems. Celestalon is apparently beneath that guy, so that says something about him I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Slam get buff but it does not matter becous Arms is all about MS and Execute
    dont forget it got buffed the same patch they gave us a 2 set that makes it completely unusable. Its like the development was made by 2 different teams in different rooms playing charades.

Deleted
    they need to bring back dragon soul patch Arms Warrior, was the best ever

Deleted
    I'm not expecting it to return to a playable state before 7.0.

nope its still the same. The exact reasons you stated were why i stopped maining a warrior.

Rotation is still the shit they changed it to.

your rotation looks like

Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Execute > Execute > boss dead
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    nope its still the same. The exact reasons you stated were why i stopped maining a warrior.

your rotation looks like

Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Execute > Execute > boss dead
    Maybe you're trying to be facetiously funny, but if you aren't, then that's not really true at all. With Thunder Clap glyphed and current 4P set bonus, I hardly get to use Whirlwind at all because of MS procs, Thunder Clap (slightly better DPR than Whirlwind), Sudden Death Executes, and Dragon Roar.

The rotation is still shit though, it's a little counter intuitive. At the moment, either I have too much Rage and I can't dump Rage fast enough that it becomes a DPS Loss (since I can't bleed off the Rage) or I don't have enough Rage at all and it takes some ramp-up to get some back. A rotation that highly depends on Colossus Smash needs to have Heroic Strike off of the GCD to dump excess Rage.

If Blizz is too concerned about increasing the single target damage of Arms (due to Sweeping Strikes), perhaps they can add some sort of diminishing return mechanic on Sweeping Strikes itself every time you cleave? ~shrug~

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post

your rotation looks like

Wait what! That is not correct at all. How do you manage to get enough rage for all those whirlwinds?:P

On another side, I don't think they'll make any class changes/fix until patch 7.0. Can't see they would do anything mid-expansion.

For the OP, have you considered trying another class, if that is of any interrest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayar View Post
    Wait what! That is not correct at all. How do you manage to get enough rage for all those whirlwinds?:P

On another side, I don't think they'll make any class changes/fix until patch 7.0. Can't see they would do anything mid-expansion.

For the OP, have you considered trying another class, if that is of any interrest?
    With current hero gear, 4p and using Glyphed TC here and there, you rarley get rage starved. But still pressing WW isn't fun at all but with 2pc Arms is actually ok to play. With a haste breakpoint you get the last ms out just before the 2p Buff runs out, your next MS still have a shorter cd, which feals nice.

From a raiding point of view; if you're resubbing solely to play your warrior as arms you're gonna have a bad time. Heck, I'm getting close to rerolling or just calling it quits. Mostly don't even play my warrior in farm raids. Worst design of a spec in this game, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its still shit, still not worth your money, nothing was fixed about it. Until you see Overpower pop up in the patch notes, don't even think about it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Ion "25% open GCDs is perfectly fine" Hazzlefrazzle
    CeBESTalon - the BEST game developer
    and Brian "thanks for the feedback" Hobinki

when they stand together... they will prune your fucken soul out.

That being said in 6.2 arms is actually getting some proc mechanics through a trinket (giving us back csmash cd reset in the form of an item, despite having it a baseline mechanic for almost 5 years), and rend ticks having a chance to reset the CD of Mortal strike thanks to the tier 18 4 set bonus (SORT OF the same as the old taste for blood, you remember, the one that was actually well designed and procced overpower?).. this is all somewhat decent and is actually a step in the right direction of working with what they have without changing the core formula, which they intend not to do until 7.0 so until then you can either play around with whats coming in 6.2 or wait till 7.0 and hope for a better roll of the dice and they also don't prune out mortal strike and colossus smash and compact all the damage into whirlwind or something crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    From a raiding point of view; if you're resubbing solely to play your warrior as arms you're gonna have a bad time. Heck, I'm getting close to rerolling or just calling it quits. Mostly don't even play my warrior in farm raids. Worst design of a spec in this game, ever.
    And to add to this, don't expect to find safe haven in fury either. Fury has almost zero skill involved (unless you call learning the basic priority system 'skill') and you when placed next to an inferior player have no say at all whether you will beat that guy in damage or not. Your damage is entirely based around how often you get procs and when they don't proc, you do no damage.

Fury is not so much furious as it is tourettes, burst of rage that the vast majority of time could've been better used elsewhere, and rage for arms may as well be renamed to 'tantrum' rather than the ferocity 'rage' implies. Vast majority of your rage will be spend on Whirlwind, which you can break all illusion of it being a fun, unique, hard hitting or styled ability by realizing one simple fact:

Whirlwind is fan of knives. If the idea of pressing fan of knives single target until you get 2 set or a 2 set proc is appealing to you, then go ahead and play arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    prune
    This ability prune was like refitting a car to be more lightweight and better suited for racing. Remove the needless interior design shit? Okay, sure.

Blizzards idea is to remove the engine and not put a new one in, then tell you to take it for a spin for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    This ability prune was like refitting a car to be more lightweight and better suited for racing. Remove the needless interior design shit? Okay, sure.

Blizzards idea is to remove the engine and not put a new one in, then tell you to take it for a spin for 2 years.
    I agree, while I think the ability prune was a good idea on paper, when it came to warriors (I am not too sure on other classes).. they poorly executed it, what frustrates me is that I found overpower a more iconic of an ability to the arms toolkit then slam ever was, yet they decided to remove overpower, and I am aware as to why they did remove Overpower, but that also boils back down to what they did to overpower during MoP; making it a shit house filler that doesn't really hit that hard and made it conflict with slam.

do what i did. play feral. it's a lot more fun. although it sucks ass at aoe.

Deleted
    Are you gonna resub if Slam becomes better than ww? Although I understand the point, why does it matter if you press ww as filler or Slam? Like, does the animation mean that much for you, or is there more than just ww vs Slam that you dislike? According to the pinned guide, it seemed that Slam wasnt really lacking behind in dmg in terms of ST, so you could always spec into it, I guess..

Although I wish Arms was like pre-wod, and I agree with most in here about the shitty design, but I mostly only read the issue about Slam v WW and nothing else.

Deleted
    Funny that full prot is very fun and strong in pvp, while gladiator dps is the only fun spec in pve. So basically go prot or go home.