Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Unfortunately so is Anub'arak

I kid. Mostly.
    Don't you dare dizz my homeboy!

Anyway, Anub'Arak is actually pretty darn good at the moment, thanks to the AI changes to the bugs he spawns. They are incredibly reliable now and his talents are potent enough to create some different play styles. I still am not a massive fan of his second ultimate Web Blast, but on some maps it can in fact be pretty darn useful, like on Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror where you can Web Blast the Dragon Knight and Garden Terror. The one downside to him is his health, but he can make up for it with his crowd control. He's a solid pick at the moment.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2015-05-29 at 11:07 AM.

I agree about Anub, I'd say he's better off then Tyrael and Diablo right now and hands down better compared to Stitches/Arthas/Chen and ofcourse Sonya.

ETC/Mura are beastly, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Anub'Arak isn't weak. In fact, I'm trying not to play with him too much, in fear of getting attached to him and then suffer when the inevitable nerfs arrive
    He already got nerfed some time ago. The only real difference between before and after the Kael'thas patch is the bug AI and it is a noticeable difference. Also helps that the most competitive tanks (i.e. Diablo, Stitches, and ETC) got quite some changes and nerfs, which in turn made Anub'Arak more desirable.

Free to play means you can play it for free. It does not mean you can have everything right away for free also i've been playing since last august and i've got almost every hero and have only bought 3 all of which have been on sale so its not that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    i just won a game. my team wrecked. I went 27/0. And I got...30 gold....Is this game going to turn into F2P how Hearthstone is? You can get gold to buy stuff, but it takes forever to do it that way. Virtually forcing you to buy with cash?
    Playing against other players awards 50g each win, so there is that, further more the far easiest way to get gold is to do daily quests as opposed to just play for hours on end, that and leveling free heroes to level 5 for an easy 500g

10+ Year Old Account
    if youre lucky and get the 800gold daily alot its rather easy to get some golds, not to mention that lvlin up your account gives you extra golds and champs to 5 is also another nice 500g
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Sorry but you arent a shareholder, you arent an employee, why do you care? People are actively fighting against companies like EA and their crappy business practises, even many, many LoL players with its cult following disagree with Riot being considered a good company. Why does Blizzard get special treatment for gating fair play behind a ridiculously large grind or a cash wall?

Yeah because Heroes of the Storm, where you can play as Arthas, Kerrigan and Diablo doesnt promote Blizzard games, they definitely dont make you download a Blizzard launcher with free trials advertised all over it for the other games. And they certainly dont theme skins and rewards around all their games. My bad.

Im using enjoy in the context of being able to play them, its ridiculous that they offer a competitive experience that gives you the choice of: Ridiculous grind or Cash money, in order to be on a level playing field. Granted its not as bad as LoL with runes, but its halfway there.

Dont get me wrong I think the game is great, but as per usual with modern gaming the constant niggling thought of "im being taken for a ride" is always there.
    I'm a acti/blizz shareholder and i care about them making money but i also enjoy hots immensely, also with the dailys and level up rewards(which are very generous) you can have 5-7 heros for free with little effort and quickly

If you play a couple hours a day efficiently, you can be pulling in some 450+ gold a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I'm not going to put words in Tziva's mouth, but I could only assume she wasn't just taking the cost of playing games into account. Daily gold will have a large impact on being able to afford master skins.
    Yeah.

Since it's impossible to get those games in a single day, and realistically with most people not sitting down and playing every waking hour, it will probably even take several days or even weeks for most people to get level 10 on a Hero. As a result, those ~70 games will likely come with a lot of completed dailies as well.

You also might be completing some of those games on co-op, which will extend the amount of games even longer.

Not to mention the progress with leveling your account itself, which also rewards gold as long as you're not capped.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2015-05-29 at 07:13 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, have you ever played a MOBA before? THEY ARE ALL LIKE THAT.

If you're that short on money, wait for the discounts. Heroes usually at 9.99$ are at 3.49$.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Yes it's going to be that way but i dont agree that it's taking forever to get gold. If you play a few times a week you can easy get at least around 10k gold during a week and that's the higest costing hero. If you do the dailys and lvl new free heroes to lvl 5 it's really easy to get gold. You also get about 16 000 gold form lvling to 1-40 so for new players it should go really fast to get the heros you want. When you are lvl 40 and have all heroes at lvl 5, it becomes slower to get gold but by then you should have most of the heroes you wanted to most and the dailys will get you enough gold the get the rest of them to, it just takes maybe a week or two.

Deleted
    This is not any different from how LoL works, and I rarely hear anyone complain about that. Naturally, since this is a Blizzard game, any complaining will be 10x <3

Also, comparing it to Hearthstone is disingenuous. While you can make a claim that the higher you go in rank ,the harder it is to play HS cause a lot of people have really well put together decks, HotS is nothing like that.

You absolutely CAN buy a hero you really like with the early influx of gold - daily quests, reaching level 5 with heroes (only takes a few games), level milestones, etc.

And unlike HS, that Hero will be viable and playable at any skill level - while the game isn't exactly the epitome of balance (when are games like this ever ? ), most heroes you can choose, you can do well, even at a high rank hero league "competitive" level.

By the time I got to level 30, I was only 5k short of getting my 10th hero for Hero League, albeit with buying all of the 2k ones first.

Are the heroes too pricey in real money ? Absolutely, nevermind that the prices don't even scale right - 4.000 gold hero costs 6,49 euros, 10.000 gold one costs 10 euros, what ?

Do you have to pay for them to enjoy the game ? Absolutely not, theres no reasonable arguement to be made there.

Deleted
    You will not be forced to buy with cash. Daily quests + win/loss gold will give you good enough to get started with cheaper heroes. And if you aren't very bothered with mastery skins and keep doing your dailies you will be able to get the heroes you want. You also get 500g if you level a char to 5, the tutorial gives some gold. Also some of the best heroes are the cheaper ones, and also there are not that many heroes in game atm which makes it easier to get what you want without spending cash. In time, when more and more heroes will be launched it will be harder to catch up if you plan on getting many heroes.

Deleted
    Well you need what, like 240k gold to buy all the heroes available currently, and that hero pool will be ever expanding.
    Meanwhile you get 16k from leveling all heroes up to 5.
    I'd be all good with the gold gain from wins if it wasn't so bloody hard to get the hero level 15-20 gold rewards.
    As it stands currently you'd get about 550 gold / day playing 10 games and doing your daily average, with a 50% win rate.
    That's 436 days just to get all the current heroes, of playing every single day, 10 games a day.
    436 days.
    How is that not excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Well you need what, like 240k gold to buy all the heroes available currently, and that hero pool will be ever expanding.
    I'd be all good with the gold gain from wins if it wasn't so bloody hard to get the hero level 15-20 gold rewards.
    As it stands currently you'd get about 550 gold / day playing 10 games and doing your daily average, with a 50% win rate.
    That's 436 days just to get all the current heroes, of playing every single day, 10 games a day.
    436 days.
    Because you don't need to own all heroes and you don't pay a single cent to get all of them if you do it that way.

Deleted
    How much f2p does it take to have the 10 heroes for ranked league ? You cant use the weekly rotation heroes there (they are greyed out).

If you take the cheapest heroes its around 30-35k gold ? In the 1 week I am playing got near 30k gold, but I still bought 2 hero packs with money and used the gold to get some characters not included there. (<3 tyrael, even if hes not all that awesome to play, hes got the looks)
    Last edited by mmocc6eca278b0; 2015-05-30 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    How much f2p does it take to have the 10 heroes for ranked league ? You cant use the weekly rotation heroes there (they are greyed out).

If you take the cheapest heroes its around 30-35k gold ? In the 1 week I am playing got near 30k gold, but I still bought 2 hero packs with money and used the gold to get some characters not included there. (<3 tyrael, even if hes not all that awesome to play, hes got the looks)
    Muradin - 2k
    ETC - 2k
    Lili - 2k
    Malfurion -2k
    Valla - 2k
    Raynor - 2k
    Tassadar - 4k
    Tychus - 4k
    Illidan - 4k
    Gazlowe - 4k

That's 28k minimum to enter Hero League, and you actually get a pretty good pool of heroes tbh. If you spend a little more gold you can take out shit tier characters like Raynor and Gazlowe and buy Uther or Zagara instead and that leaves you with a solid pool of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    436 days.
    Gotta love me some selective math. You even said in your second line you get 16k for leveling the heroes to 5 (18k actually), yet you don't add it to your total days it would take. Removing the 18k for the hero levels and the 16k for player level, and the 1k for the tutorial, assuming 70 games (10/day) during your weekly stimpack = 2625 additional gold, and you would actually get 600g per/day based on a 350 daily average (which is more accurate to my knowledge) it would instead take you: 337 days using your setup.

That's to own every current hero without buying anything. Still quite a bit, but then again owning everything in the game shouldn't be an easy thing anyway lol. If you are willing to spend a little bit the nexus bundle pretty much cuts that in half.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2015-05-30 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Muradin - 2k
    ETC - 2k
    Lili - 2k
    Malfurion -2k
    Valla - 2k
    Raynor - 2k
    Tassadar - 4k
    Tychus - 4k
    Illidan - 4k
    Gazlowe - 4k

That's 28k minimum to enter Hero League, and you actually get a pretty good pool of heroes tbh. If you spend a little more gold you can take out shit tier characters like Raynor and Gazlowe and buy Uther or Zagara instead and that leaves you with a solid pool of heroes.
    This is my point exactly, and most of the cheap heroes are good heroes.
    But for some reason people think 10k heroes are the best heroes, or well... I could think Nova is appealing to oh so many, and perhaps Sylvanas as well... because of their looks most likely =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    This is my point exactly, and most of the cheap heroes are good heroes.
    But for some reason people think 10k heroes are the best heroes, or well... I could think Nova is appealing to oh so many, and perhaps Sylvanas as well... because of their looks most likely =)
    Well to be fair Jaina and Sylvanas for example are top tier heroes, but you definitely don't need either to get to rank 1 in hero league. That being said, there's also a load of 10k heroes who really aren't that great like Nazeebo, Nova and Thrall.