Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Gotta love me some selective math. You even said in your second line you get 16k for leveling the heroes to 5 (18k actually), yet you don't add it to your total days it would take. Removing the 18k for the hero levels and the 16k for player level, and the 1k for the tutorial, assuming 70 games (10/day) during your weekly stimpack = 2625 additional gold, and you would actually get 600g per/day based on a 350 daily average (which is more accurate to my knowledge) it would instead take you: 337 days using your setup.

That's to own every current hero without buying anything. Still quite a bit, but then again owning everything in the game shouldn't be an easy thing anyway lol. If you are willing to spend a little bit the nexus bundle pretty much cuts that in half.
    It also fails to account for new heroes being added and allowing you to get another 500 per hero, as well as the fact that if you play THAT much, you'll be gaining a shitton of XP and probably get a couple to 15 even, netting another 1250 gold.

It's not like you even "need" to play Hero League anyway...

Most people just want to play their favourite character or two, that you can unlock very quickly even if they aren't currently FTP. If you want a larger pool it might take a few weeks. If you want EVERYTHING and don't want to pay a cent (I strongly recommend buying the more cost effective bundles personally if that's your goal) then it's a long-term project for you to work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Well to be fair Jaina and Sylvanas for example are top tier heroes, but you definitely don't need either to get to rank 1 in hero league. That being said, there's also a load of 10k heroes who really aren't that great like Nazeebo, Nova and Thrall.
    Yea, Sylvanas ult and trait are really strong, but there will most often be someone who picks her hero league, and Jaina is great now but before some patch ago she wasn't really... but also, they lowered the cost for anub from 10k to 4k, so if people are patient for a while perhaps more heroes will go same direction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not like you even "need" to play Hero League anyway...

Most people just want to play their favourite character or two, that you can unlock very quickly even if they aren't currently FTP. If you want a larger pool it might take a few weeks. If you want EVERYTHING and don't want to pay a cent (I strongly recommend buying the more cost effective bundles personally if that's your goal) then it's a long-term project for you to work on.
    Yea when we aren't our whole friend team playing me and my bf just play quick matches... we can play what we want, try out combos and it's very fun as well. And I looked up profile of our team members in quick matches, some has 100+ games played on a hero but haven't set a foot in hero league. So it's nothing wrong with quick matches and can sometimes even be more fun.

Deleted
    Can I get the WoW pet even after Heroes releases?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    i just won a game. my team wrecked. I went 27/0. And I got...30 gold....Is this game going to turn into F2P how Hearthstone is? You can get gold to buy stuff, but it takes forever to do it that way. Virtually forcing you to buy with cash?
    hmmm how about just enjoying the game? and look at it as a bonus that you can buy stuff with gold over time! The quests gives a pretty huge amount of gold(some even 800), so it really only takes a few weeks to get the heroes you want

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get 16k gold just from player progression to level 40. Granted this does take time, but it's a flat 'free' amount of gold the game gives you in time just by playing the game. You also get 1kgold from completing tutorial, and 500 gold for getting each hero to level 5, which currently totals another 18k. Further gold rewards are given for getting heroes to 15 and 20, but realistically, you aren't going to get those any time soon. Just from the realistic base amounts, that's 35k gold that you're given just by passively playing the game and at the very least getting your dailies in each week. When you add in the fact that you get something like ~2500 gold a week on average just from dailies, it's really not all that grim.

Yes if you just are looking at grinding out games via wins/losses, which reward 30/20 gold respectively, it's going to take forever.

I still prefers DoTAs system the best but this one is exactly the same as LoL, and personally as long as you aren't OCD, any reasonable player isn't going to want to unlock all the heroes anyway. Rotation them to see which ones you like and buy the ones you actually like. Plenty of heroes in the current 36 roster I never intend on playing, with a few of them being borderline that I may pick up at some point.

Cost really doesn't account for how good a hero is, nor does it account for how fun they are to play. Most of the 10k ones I don't really bother with anyway unless I really like them. Also, it's really inefficient to buy completely new heroes at 15k when they drop to 10k after a couple weeks.

Unlike hearthstone you really aren't gaining a competitive advantage. Expensive heroes aren't necessarily better than cheap ones. It's F2P game, and honestly if you're doing the math about collecting everything and it's totaling hundreds of days, it's probably worth throwing a bit of money at if you plan allowing the game to take that much of your time. Popular to contrary belief, spending money on something you enjoy, even though it's F2P isn't the end of the world. I haven't spent any money yet, but I probably will eventually if some of the heroes I really like go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Can I get the WoW pet even after Heroes releases?
    You can't get it until the game releases in the first place, so yes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You can't get it until the game releases in the first place, so yes!
    Thanks. The Hearthstone "promotion" with the WoW mount fucked me up, cause the game never made fun to begin with and I waited for a mobile version. When I found out that you cant get the mount any longer, I was kind of relieved... deinstalled the game from all my platforms.

Same thing with Heroes... been in the Alpha since 2 years or so and still only 11 games played.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Thanks. The Hearthstone "promotion" with the WoW mount fucked me up, cause the game never made fun to begin with and I waited for a mobile version. When I found out that you cant get the mount any longer, I was kind of relieved... deinstalled the game from all my platforms.

Same thing with Heroes... been in the Alpha since 2 years or so and still only 11 games played.
    There's a 25% xp bonus next week. Combine that with the free stimpack you get at level 10, level 20 should be easy peasy.

Yes if you just are looking at grinding out games via wins/losses, which reward 30/20 gold respectively, it's going to take forever.
    Well if you play a lot it'll add up, but yeah it's not much. Not quite as bad as HS's 10g per 3 wins :P

Mostly you make gold through dailies like in HS. Which would be about 300g per day (sometimes more) plus whatever you make from the wins? I reckon you could buy a 10k hero every month at that rate. Not including the gold from leveling accounts or heroes, or doing tutorials, or bonus stimpack events (like at the moment) etc.

When you first join, you get 1k from tutorials, 18k from getting all heroes to level 5 (will take time of course since you only have the FTP to select from at first), 16k from leveling to 40 (again, will take time)... so that's 35k in one-off gold? Did I miss any? There's also even more gold above hero level 10 but that takes a LONG time.

So 35k in relatively easy starting gold and 10k a month thereafter, more if you play more. Rough estimate of gold income in HoTS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well if you play a lot it'll add up, but yeah it's not much. Not quite as bad as HS's 10g per 3 wins :P

Mostly you make gold through dailies like in HS. Which would be about 300g per day (sometimes more) plus whatever you make from the wins? I reckon you could buy a 10k hero every month at that rate. Not including the gold from leveling accounts or heroes, or doing tutorials, or bonus stimpack events (like at the moment) etc.

When you first join, you get 1k from tutorials, 18k from getting all heroes to level 5 (will take time of course since you only have the FTP to select from at first), 16k from leveling to 40 (again, will take time)... so that's 35k in one-off gold? Did I miss any? There's also even more gold above hero level 10 but that takes a LONG time.

So 35k in relatively easy starting gold and 10k a month thereafter, more if you play more. Rough estimate of gold income in HoTS.
    The thing with HS is that it's very much RNG, you might need to buy quite a lot in order to get what you actually want.
    In Hots it works more like a DLC, you buy what you want and you will get exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's a 25% xp bonus next week. Combine that with the free stimpack you get at level 10, level 20 should be easy peasy.
    And play with a friend for 50% more (I assume they are keeping that in game). I remember when I was on the stimpack it was bonus 25% also and playing with my bud I was getting like 400k xp in QMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    And play with a friend for 50% more (I assume they are keeping that in game). I remember when I was on the stimpack it was bonus 25% also and playing with my bud I was getting like 400k xp in QMs.
    Stimpack + Friend Bonus can net you 500k+ for the 35+ minute games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    i just won a game. my team wrecked. I went 27/0. And I got...30 gold....Is this game going to turn into F2P how Hearthstone is? You can get gold to buy stuff, but it takes forever to do it that way. Virtually forcing you to buy with cash?
    It's a little bit different and IMO a way better system than HS. For starters:

- Losing a game in HotS still gets you daily progress (unless you get the rather uncommon "win games" daily) and gold, while in HS, you only get the dailies that don't involve winning (which is like 5 of them out of 20+). Not to mention most dailies are easy (play a game) and can be done against the computer (if they would make HS dailies doable in practice, it'd be so much better for new or casual players).
    - Cards greatly change how you play, and you don't get ANY for free outside of the very few packs they hand you. I made a HS account for my sister and it's getting REALLY hard to make decks for her since she doesn't want to spend money. Heroes, you get a rotating hero selection to try different heroes.
    - 100 gold nets you a pack of 5 cards, all of which might be disenchanted to a meager 40 dust. Heroes may be expensive, but you know exactly what you're getting, AND you can try them before you buy to make sure you like the hero.
    - You can spend around $100 in HS and get almost nowhere. $100 in Heroes will get you a ton of heroes.

So yeah, pretty different.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Losing a game in HotS still gets you daily progress (unless you get the rather uncommon "win games" daily) and gold,
    And that "win games" daily is, IIRC, 2 games, where most others are "play 3". So even if you're running 50/50 on win/loss ratio, it'll only take you an extra game to complete once every 2 times you get it. TBH, I dislike it more because it's only 200g, than because its a win-condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    The thing with HS is that it's very much RNG, you might need to buy quite a lot in order to get what you actually want.
    In Hots it works more like a DLC, you buy what you want and you will get exactly that.
    Yeah that's true. You could buy a pack with gold and get 5 awesome cards, then buy 100 packs with money and get DE trash. And vice versa.

Dust does somewhat offset the RNG of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Losing a game in HotS still gets you daily progress (unless you get the rather uncommon "win games" daily) and gold, while in HS, you only get the dailies that don't involve winning (which is like 5 of them out of 20+). Not to mention most dailies are easy (play a game) and can be done against the computer (if they would make HS dailies doable in practice, it'd be so much better for new or casual players).
    When I'm having a bad day doing dailies on HS, I think to myself "why can't you be more like HoTS dailies!?".

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And that "win games" daily is, IIRC, 2 games, where most others are "play 3". So even if you're running 50/50 on win/loss ratio, it'll only take you an extra game to complete once every 2 times you get it. TBH, I dislike it more because it's only 200g, than because its a win-condition.
    Am I imagining it or is there also a "win 8" with a big gold reward? Or was it "play 8"? I forget. Rare anyway.

*EDIT*

Oh yeah, it's play 8. And awards slightly more than win 3.

The only thing I would change about HoTS dailies is giving you the once-a-day replace dailies option HS has. That would be perfect. Bye bye warrior daily! :P