Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why doesn't blizzard make more different servers?

The question and maybe it is already asked alot.

Why not make servers that dont have LFR/LFG and stuff. Just keep it in its current form cause I know they will never make vanilla servers.
    But shouldnt be such a hassle PVP/ LFG LFR disabled. IT could be a test how populair it would be. If it fails they just shut the server down if its a succes more server could be applied.

Why is Blizzard so goddamn lazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they added all of that because people DIDN'T want to spam trade chat looking for a group. Those who still want to use trade chat still seem to use trade chat, but I don't see a server without LFD, LFR, LFG being very popular, def not worth the money to keep the server up.

That and I don't believe they'll ever make servers that are different from one another aside from PVE PVP RP and a mix of that.

Deleted
    Because its too much development effort.

Because it won't fly.

Say they make a pure pve server. No pvp of any sort.

For a short time things'll be great. Then a guy will start getting the pvp itch. He'll start talking about it, then others'll join in. How they pay the same $15 a month like everyone else and how they should be allowed to pvp if they want (ignoring the fact, of course, that they came to the server to avoid pvp in the first place) and things'll degenerate from there.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Growlite View Post
    No why are you so goddamn lazy?
    This question comes up twice a week. Do a search man, there are hundreds and hundreds of multi-page threads about this already.
    In this age of Googling everything and people still can't use the search box...

Deleted
    It's not a bait/flaime thread.

Ofcourse it costs money, but the whole problem is that they dont give us enough content. thats why alot of people complain.
    And old content is not Content in my opinion!

Deleted
    What argument is there against lfg/lfg?

An LFR/LFG hate thread in a "clever" disquise. How innovative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking away LFD, LFR, or LFG isn't going to add content. Everything will be the same, only you'd get to wait longer on a very small server to MAYBE do a dungeon.

Removing things.... drum roll please.. removes content. Those matchmaking tools are considered content.

There's no way this could be a serious thread, because even thinking for a second the words "We want more content" and "Take away things that make it quicker to see conent" really clash.

That said, I remember looking for WC groups back in the day. Some days I couldn't even do an instance because there simply weren't people in the area or wanting to do it. Let's not go back to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people would complain about how grindy it is to gear up... and they do that as is already.

The question and maybe it is already asked alot.

Why not make servers that dont have LFR/LFG and stuff. Just keep it in its current form cause I know they will never make vanilla servers.
    But shouldnt be such a hassle PVP/ LFG LFR disabled. IT could be a test how populair it would be. If it fails they just shut the server down if its a succes more server could be applied.

Bolded the funniest part of your little post. If the playerbase as a whole wasn't so "goddamn lazy" then the LF tools would hardly get used. Thank your fellow players for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, a thread started by someone with 11 posts asking for a "snowflake" server.

This is going places.

Deleted
    It's not a bait/flaime thread.

Ofcourse it costs money, but the whole problem is that they dont give us enough content. thats why alot of people complain.
    And old content is not Content in my opinion!
    Wouldn't a better solution then be adding more content, instead of creating servers with limited features? Did you even think this through?

Blizzard already struggles with servers that are empty, and you want more servers opened?

Deleted
    As I said optionel. So the player can choose if he wants that option on or off

If you got a whole server of people who want to have a journey and be into the game. You will get that mindset of those people. You probalby have more contacts with them because you travel together.

Look Blizzard decides by what rules we play there game. And ofcourse everybody uses LFG/LFR cause its easy, doesnt say it makes they game better. But then again make a server option were those things are enables or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    We want more stuff!

But don't actually give us more stuff just make it harder for us to get to the stuff you already gave us!

Progression!?

Edit: No, we use LFG and LFD because some of us remember times where we couldn't get into dungeons for a couple of days even with sitting in the same zone for hours on end. If we have the technology, why would we want to wait for days til we can find other people who want the same dunegon as us? Or the "I couldn't do X raid because there were no pugs when I was on". On my server, we had one dedicated pug group in WotLK, if you missed it on saturday you pretty much lost out on your chance to pug a raid for the week. Same went for dungeons while leveling, some areas would be more populated than others and you simply couldn't find a group for the dungeon and you were just SOL for a while.

And yes, again, as others said there are still people who spam trade and local and what ever for groups, just like in the good old days. You don't need to waste money on a new server because you have the option to not use the tools given to you if you want.

Myself and others don't like wheels, so they should make a city where everyone has to walk places because we don't want to have to know that cars, bikes, rollerskates, etc exist.

But then when we need to leave our city, it's out hope that they understand what we wanted was optional, and have cars parked outside the city limits so we can do other stuff outside the city when we feel like it!
    Last edited by Tazila; 2015-05-25 at 06:10 PM.

Oh my god, again.
    Dude, spamming trade IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE for 2015. And why would anyone disable pvp, it is a miracle to me.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have PVE servers where you're not forced to do any PvP if you don't choose to do so.

You may also ignore the existence of LFR and LFD if you so choose. If there are enough other people who feel the same way as you, find them. They'll surely be in support of this thread. Grab their battletags and go and run dungeons and raids with them. There's no need for you to do anything with people that you haven't handpicked before you start your endeavours.

I'll never cease wondering why people never think things through...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Because it won't fly.

Say they make a pure pve server. No pvp of any sort.

For a short time things'll be great. Then a guy will start getting the pvp itch. He'll start talking about it, then others'll join in. How they pay the same $15 a month like everyone else and how they should be allowed to pvp if they want (ignoring the fact, of course, that they came to the server to avoid pvp in the first place) and things'll degenerate from there.
    ^ this is why.

another example is, if they had a hardcore server (no flying, no lfr, no LFD) and a Casual server (LFR, LFD, Flying) the people that join the Hardcore server will complain why the casual servers get everything handed to them. People in WoW want to be dictators they want it their way and they don't want to have options.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Deleted
    Serisss thats very true, but the nature of men is just to take the easy road. Blizzard decides the rules and we just play along them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YY-urjEitE

Its a good watch