Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LF animes with amazing fighting scenes

So I've been watching fate\stay night and really fell in love with how amazing the fighting looked in it, and I was wondering if there were any other animes with similar fighting? Shounens are cool, but I feel like the fighting is heavily broken up with speeches\flash backs and discussions, i'm honestly just looking for some sick nasty throw downs that look amazing. Also, if at all possible I'd like to avoid anything like.. old i guess, the whole sharp angled figures, triangle shoulders and 9 feet long legs are very displeasing to me

Thanks!

Going to follow up with some easy ones.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks and Fate/Zero. Both on Crunchyroll.

Fate/Zero the prequel to Fate/sn

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Samurai Champloo. It's basically a slightly generic storyline connecting AWESOME fight scenes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Sword of the Stranger
    Kara no Kyoukai

A million others but I'm lazy.

Fate/Zero and it's sequel, Fate/Stay Night (the UBW version).

10+ Year Old Account
    DRAGONBALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(muhahahahaha)

Naruto sometimes has good fighting scenes when they do not talk to themselves about their feelings for 10 episodes.

I'm going to get murdered because 'IT'S NOT ANIME! GRR', but I though the bending battles in Korra were very impressive, and all the main villains bring something new to the table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

Hajime No Ippo (MUST WATCH) - Boxing
    This. The fights in HNI is amazing, and the characters are all so damn great. I don't think I have laughed so much at any anime ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also agree with Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night, Kara no Kyoukai, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop (show and especially movie).

I would also throw in there Black Lagoon and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

If you want more action and less talking, then I'd go with Black Lagoon, FMA, and Cowboy Bebop movie.

Rorouni Kenshin has some fight scenes, but most of them aren't really intriguing as Kenshin just mops the floor with them easily (until second half of season when his opponent is actually strong). Naruto has some good fight scenes but they are so far between that I'd say watching the 500+ episode show isn't really worth it just for the few interesting fight scenes in between. Same with Bleach, they have some EXCELLENT fight scenes, but they are far and few between filler.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    X (yes X are the name) lots of fighting between the people who want the world to end, or it shall survive.

Macross + the pinnacle of "hand drawn" mecha fighting, you love it if you did like Gilgamesh and Berserker "dogfight" in Fate/Zero

Hunter X Hunter 2011 has some awesome fight scenes. Agree with others on their suggestions, just adding mine.

Akame ga Kill has some very nice fight scenes. It's a Game of Thrones of anime, though, so don't watch it if you get attached to characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Hunter X Hunter is pretty much the God tier of fighting scenes.

FMA Brotherhood has some good scenes, sames goes for Nanatsu no Taizai, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Kara no Kyoukai, Inuyasha, K, Magi.

Any anime that's been animated by Ufotable is pure gold. Gintama, when they decide to do a serious arc, has some very good fights. Baccano has some serious beatdowns as well. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has some reaaaally over the top stuff.

Woops, I almost forgot: Hellsing Ultimate (no, seriously. Some of the most burtal, nightmarish shit)
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2015-05-26 at 07:36 PM.

if you dont mind mecha genre i would recommend: Gundam build fighters.
    it has a lot of awesome fight scenes.

Birdy the Mighty Decode has a few really well done fights, including one very well known one (the Superman movie Man of Steel actually copied certain scenes from that fight in the anime)

Might not be what you're looking for though since it has a very 'loose' animation style.

As others have said, Naruto has some good fights, but too much talk no jitsu. just hit youtube for the fights to avoid all the filler mess. Same with bleach. Samurai Champloo I've only seen a few episodes, but pretty good as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

One of my favs still - Very stylized though, Bakemonogatari and its sequels.

They're kind of few and far between, but Fairy Tail has some good fight scenes.

I can't really offer much else because my knowledge of anime is somewhat limited.