Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    gg lost buggatis on that fb kek
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    only c9...
    Why do people act surprised? C9 is a second-tier team for a reason. Bone7 is just awful and EE makes terrible decisions when he's pressured, at times very clearly does not communicate with his team, etc.

Individually they're all skilled (except arguably Bone7, who is probably really good in pub terms but not in pro terms) but C9 has a serious lack of coordination that clearly puts them in the second tier, along with a lot of others, and makes it clear that they aren't on a level playing field with teams like EG, Secret, and LGD.

I think that if they can pick a captain that will make EE cut the shit and they scrap Bone7 for an offlaner who doesn't feed aggressively in 60% of his games (and who doesn't miss a fucking Hookshot against a stationary, channeling Bane), they'll have a good chance of becoming a real top-tier contender.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to be able to root for C9, but I just don't know how. I agree with something that Winter (one of the analysts) said about them. They can either be at the top or god awful. And right now they seem to be treading just above average.

A moment notail had, very start of the game. Both secret and c9 contesting bottom bounty rune. They can see each other. And notail just walks down, way out of position and feeds first blood. Like what the fuck? I couldn't fathom what he was thinking at that moment. They just make so many stupid mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterra View Post
    Serious question as to how people do this? I mean don't you have a job?? Like how do you support yourself doing that 14 hours a day.
    I was actaully going to spend a couple g's (with my mate) to travel to Seattle and watch the tournament live. But the tickets sold out instantly and alas didn't go. I would leave for USA in 2 days other wise :P

So I was always going to have this time of the year off anyway. + I have a lot of money so yolo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I really want to be able to root for C9, but I just don't know how. I agree with something that Winter (one of the analysts) said about them. They can either be at the top or god awful. And right now they seem to be treading just above average.

A moment notail had, very start of the game. Both secret and c9 contesting bottom bounty rune. They can see each other. And notail just walks down, way out of position and feeds first blood. Like what the fuck? I couldn't fathom what he was thinking at that moment. They just make so many stupid mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

I was actaully going to spend a couple g's (with my mate) to travel to Seattle and watch the tournament live. But the tickets sold out instantly and alas didn't go. I would leave for USA in 2 days other wise :P

So I was always going to have this time of the year off anyway. + I have a lot of money so yolo
    You're expecting something out of a guy that renamed himself BigDaddy?

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Empire is bad. I've seen better play out of my pubs. In fact, they're doing shit my 3k MMR pubs do... against a fucking Gondar.

How'd these guys make it to TI?

CDEC on the other hand has been surprising me a lot. Never heard of them before but they've been playing very well, even against the really good teams. Doubt they'll win it but they might go a fair distance before they get eliminated.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

cdec was just a branch of lgd before they left and made their own team and dropped the LGD tag. They have been around for a while and were even in ti4 qualifiers.

also nobody is surprised at c9s stupid plays. saying "classic c9" actually implies the direct opposite. it's what they do.

Empire was dominating at the beginning of the year, but they've been slowly losing their fire. The addition of yoky to the team was great because he had tons of really good es/tide/bat plays, but for some reason it's not showing as much in these group matches. Maybe it's part of some sort of crazy strat to intentionally enter losers bracket and let LGD/EG/Secret eliminate themselves in winners before Empire wins their way out of losers.

Yeah! That's it!
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited for the Secret vs LGD tomorrow. I suspect these two could be the finals match as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yah. Secret v LGD 1-1.

1st game was closer game, secret won.

LGD absolutely stomped secret game 2. They gave them Leshrac and anti-mage...

Game 1 was kinda interesting with tiny wisp. (that part where tiny hid in the trees while whisp baited the teamfight could've been a lot cleaner for lgd, but tiny ended up dying when he probably shouldn't have)

Game 2 was a texbook raping. Stopped watching after the 10min godlike

fnatic vs navi game 2 is probably my favorite match so far this tourny.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-07-29 at 10:40 PM.

So many games, not enough time! my boys EG are off to a decent start though. Not at their peak yet but looking solid. Sumail is such an amazing mid player just sometimes too reckless. Team secret having some surprising losses is interesting. Its all going to come down to what team can hit their rhythm in the later stages. Even newbie is looking decent o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Next game mechanics change needs to do something about lane cutting. VP v VG is boring as fuck and VP has no chance at winning unless VG unplugs their keyboards. VG gets caught out and VP gets a priority kill, immediately pushes mid hard... and then VG's BM cuts the lane with spiderlings and too bad, so sad.

Sorry, that's garbage and incredibly boring to watch. That shit requires no skill whatsoever, I can do it in my 3k games.

Deleted
    EHOME managed to take a game of EG, even vs a 9/1/something Sumail Storm. I really didnt think they had it in them. If this continues, this might be the best TI yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    CDEC 2-0'd VG and sitting on top of group b. Lol.

Deleted
    Still think Core on Naga is stupid - don't undertsand the fuss over it - you can easily push lanes effectively without it.

iG and Fnatic are my bets.

I bet 3 common on navi biblethump

Complexity has been so gud 2-0 c9 and fnatic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Still think Core on Naga is stupid - don't undertsand the fuss over it - you can easily push lanes effectively without it.
    45 sec song, 30? sec travels. 100% uptime on illus(idk on manta but still good) is insane, plus the mana and hp (you dont really need a heart or skady)
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

alright with the playoffs coming up i wanna see everyones predictions. if someone correctly guesses top 3 i will gift that person an immortal luna shield

feel free to guess more than just top 3 though

Deleted
    Secret, LGD, EG will be the top 3 imo. Secret is going to send EG to the lower bracket next round(and they will reach the LB finals) and meet LGD in the winners bracket finals. Secret beats lGD in the grand finals.

The VP vs Fnatic and VG vs Navi bo1 games are going to be brutal.

Mvp Hot6, empire, root.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Secret fanboy, Secret beats EG, then themselves lose in the last round and get sent to LB. EG power their way through the LB until they get taken out by LGD. LGD wipe the floor with Secret in LB finals. And somehow, Alliance wins the grand finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    alright with the playoffs coming up i wanna see everyones predictions. if someone correctly guesses top 3 i will gift that person an immortal luna shield

feel free to guess more than just top 3 though
    1. EG or SecRekt
    2. Eg Or Secret
    3. LGD

send me luna pls ty xd
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I already have luna's golden shield, I'm just gonna join in for shits n giggles.

#1 LGD, #2 Secret #3 CDEC

Surprise entry at #3!