Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

TI5 Match Discussion

EDIT: Disregard OP, this thread is basically for TI5 match discussion now, go qualifiers!

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the best way would be to follow whats going on with the international, when the qualifying matches are, where to watch them, if anything else is going around etc.

I assume most of this is done through twitch (which admittedly I don't have a huge amount of experience with), so is the main method to log in to some kind of dota hub on twitch and see whats going on at any given time?

I know that once the qualifying rounds are over it is likely that Valve will be a bit more on the ball with advertising specific matches and times and all that, but was interested in seeing how other people are keeping abreast of whats going on (did some initial google research but didn't have much luck).

Any other info about the qualifying rounds (e.g. what time do they usually happen in Aus? other events to keep an eye out, etc) would also be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Longview helped me out with this link: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/The...fiers/Americas

I also found another link with a bit of a simpler display of upcoming matches:
    http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/gosubet

But by all means if anyone else has stuff to add feel free to jump in.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2015-05-28 at 01:30 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit that Not Today vs NAR game 2...

Do we think EHOME have any chance against CDEC gaming?

After watching them lose that first round to Newbee Young (who admittedly were very on point) and looking at CDECs record so far, seems like it will be an uphill battle at best.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for anyone who chose NA as their compendium region. That Not Today vs Team Leviathan game 2 was just pure bullshit. Almost 60 min game with over 140 kills in total. Agh's Magnus is not the new meta...

Edit: Corrected the team name.
    Last edited by Keldarin; 2015-05-27 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    I feel sorry for anyone who chose NA as their compendium region. That NAR vs Team Leviathan game 2 was just pure bullshit. Almost 60 min game with over 140 kills in total. Agh's Magnus is not the new meta...
    I think I saw that, even the announcers were like "Wait, what?"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's was a laugh all the way through. And the SF taunt threw the casters for a loop as well. "WHAT IS THAT NOISE?!"

Also, my bad it wasn't NAR, but Not Today that was playing...

Deleted
    I missed that game, but after reading this i should go watch it right now. Thank god i chose Europe Region though, otherwise many of my predictions were proven wrong already

edit: Loving the allchat already, should have that more often, much more fun that way.
    Last edited by mmoc31ea1fca31; 2015-05-27 at 02:59 PM.

topic: The International: Match tracking -> TI5 Match Discussion

Man I didn't see CDEC getting so crushed by EHOME.

That vacuum into gyro ulti and qop was HUGE, dudes got absolutely wrecked.

So now it's whether EHOME versus a team they beat 2-0 or... another team they beat 2-0.

I would be incredibly surprised if Energy Pacemaker managed to take out CDEC though, so likely going to be the same match as last night again tonight - redemption round!

It might be a difficult thing to say, but european format BO2 didnt work too well in terms of show... The game of draws.
    I missed the last games today (was spearfishing, hello phantom lancer) but was it that some team might have elimited others just by giving up?

Now that qualifiers are almost over, when does the international proper begin?

EDIT: It's August yea?

Gonna be a bit of wait between the qualifiers and then. Anything planned in between?
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2015-06-01 at 07:33 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Now that qualifiers are almost over, when does the international proper begin?

EDIT: It's August yea?

Gonna be a bit of wait between the qualifiers and then. Anything planned in between?
    Yeah the play-ins. Who gets the wildcard invite. There should also be a couple of other tournaments finishing in between as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    Yeah the play-ins. Who gets the wildcard invite. There should also be a couple of other tournaments finishing in between as well.
    Ah awesome, is there a timeline drawn up anywhere?

For a multi-million dollar esports tournament there sure is a lack of clear match tracking outside of obviously underdeveloped third party websites.

Secret gonna take this TI at least i hope so Im big fangirl of Puppey lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many people realize that ingame name 9pashaebashu is actually filthy language
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter Wyvern is gonna be the hero this TI.

Deleted
    That Vega vs MVP game 2, i had TI3 finals flashbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    That Vega vs MVP game 2, i had TI3 finals flashbacks
    So many little misplays and mistakes on vega. I wouldnt like to be in solo's shoes now, guy needs some amfetamine ;P