Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    It also didn't come in in MoP.
    It was introduced in February 2014, where players would be sent to the Timeless Isle (until they changed it to send people to the Shrines). Patch 6.0 launched in October 2014, and WoD launched in November. So, it was very much within MoP content.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    PvP you could argue that. PvE there is no way. You might get kicked once in a blue moon for not having them, but really...really....

Because they're fine as is and you level so quickly now that you might get to 60 before you replace some of your early greens if you don't consistently get all your drops from dungeons. Heirlooms keep your gear updated so you're not reliant on RNGesus.

Twinks having competition? Oh no! The horror! I can't 1 shot everyone with Ambush! Whatever shall I do? Maybe I should turn off XP and fight with all the other people looking for cheap thrills? No, I'll just say it ruined the game cause everyone's as powerful as me and I now have a really hard time finding cool moments for my "LEL 1SHOT MLG #REKT" montage featuring music by Drowning Pool.
    Everyone one shots each other with heirlooms, that is why leveling PvP is not fun anymore and twinking is extremely uninteresting as well as the addition of xp being turned off and being in separate ques. But even in those twink ques everyone goes around clicking one button because heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylemma View Post
    Everyone one shots each other with heirlooms, that is why leveling PvP is not fun anymore
    Your fun was = one shot new players. Now you have competition and the tears are real.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Your fun was = one shot new players. Now you have competition and the tears are real.
    Historically there have always been very few ways in which one button press = one kill even in the most unbalanced PvP situations. However at various times it's certainly been possible for full health sub max level characters to be killed in a single stunlock or 3 hits from a DK or one of those horribly mistuned Templar's Verdicts, et cetera.

Now the last time I played with a mechanic that could one-shot a meaningful number of players at or near full health was the MoP pre-patch tuning of Holy Shock (5.0.4 I think). Go out and load a holy pally with as much twink gear from the AH as possible, then go into a BG and look for a player not wearing a lot of Cata greens, then press the "instant kill" button with whatever it was, a 6s CD or something.

Too bad it only lasted a few days (a week and a half or so maybe? I forget).

No, wait, that's actually not bad at all. *regaining perspective*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I have only one memorable one shot and it was glorious. Me and some friends were in Duskwood for whatever reason, maybe leveling or waiting for Stitches at the crossroad camp to STV. I don't recall our levels but anyhoo, a low level Horde came strolling by on foot mind you from Darkshire side, we didn't have mounts in the olden days in the lower levels. He waved, we waved. He turned on the road towards STV, hobbling along and me on my Warrior decide to take a pot shot. I pull out my trusty rifle, and its aims slowly and fires. The poor bastard got crit, fell to his knees and died right at the border. I had no idea it would actually kill him but it was such a beautiful shot and how it all went down, it could never be replicated. We laughed for a good 30 minutes.