Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    The flying-guys say they are the majority.
    The vanilla-guys say they are the majority.

There has to be an overlap for certain. Unless they are not the majority...? OH SHI-
    Odd as it sounds, if we were playing the same game now that we were playing in vanilla, I wouldn't mind not having flying. Ground mounts were far less painful in a world that had a more open terrain. All these ground mazes and jumping puzzles are fine the first time. Doing them for every single archaeology fragment at a digsite... not so much.

Entitled whiny shits who can't comprehend the fact that not everyone shares their train of thought.
    To be honest that goes for the majority most of the time too. It goes for the entire player base.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Loving the no flying thing, glad to see it's continuing.

Next x-pack looks more and more like it's going to be a Burning Legion expansion. Probably not Argus itself though.
    Yeah, and we will be back at Cataclysm, where the state of the game was so deteriorated for the "vanilla difficulty was the best pink goggles", that they pushed LFR and rushed the balanced to what people told for long. Just because YOU PEOPLE that applaud this BS were so few that you weren't supporting financially the game enough.

You people are still so few in numbers that AGAIN it's a matter of WHEN and not IF Blizzard will cave in. Forget it, you'll never push your bullying over the majority for more than a few months, every couple of years, because you haven't money to make up for us leaving.

15+ Year Old Account
    *stares at shiny new demon models, then crappy old 2004 Moonkin form, then back to new shiny demon models*

WELLP. :|

Sig by Isilrien

7+ Year Old Account
    Everquest just opened a "classic" server this week called Ragefire, which is starting with vanilla EQ and will be releasing the next expansion every 6 months. It has been quite popular. I had to sit in queue for over an hour just to get in to play today.

I think a vanilla WoW server with some kind of progression of expansions over time would also be extremely popular just like it has been in EQ. You don't need millions of people playing it, just enough people to fill one server worth of community. I bet there are easily enough for that - In fact the server would probably be packed.
    Last edited by Mask; 2015-05-26 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And they both have one thing in common: Both claims they are the vast majority, and the fact that Blizz disagrees with them can only mean that they are completely ignoring the entire community.

Or as I like to call them: Entitled whiny shits who can't comprehend the fact that not everyone shares their train of thought.
    Thank you for the summary.
    Not everyone shares your train of thought, either. Then again, not everyone sees an opinion they disagree with it and labels it as "whiny" or "entitled" simply because it's a view different from their own. Some are perfectly capable of instead seeing something they disagree with, stating as much, and providing a counterpoint. "You're an entitled whiny shit," isn't a counterpoint. It only says, "They like something I don't like, and I'm going to call them names, now." I get it. Entitled whiny shits are bad. Entitled whiny shits who whine about entitled whiny shits are worse.

At least the folks who like flying are for the most part capable of stating why they want it back. Heck, most are even fine with not having flying during the leveling process and having flight linked to an achievement of some sort so that they can experience the game from the ground, first. They are, after all, paying money for the game. Telling the company what they're looking for in a product they'll buy isn't unheard of. It's expected and far from "whiny." Further, when you pay for a product and what something you'll have fun with for your money-- particularly something that they were told would be eventually added into the expansion they purchased-- that doesn't make you "entitled."

If you pay for a bacon and egg biscuit and you're given a plain biscuit, going to the counter and asking that they give you what you asked for doesn't make you entitled or whiny.

And now I just want a damn biscuit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yeah, and we will be back at Cataclysm, where the state of the game was so deteriorated for the "vanilla difficulty was the best pink goggles", that they pushed LFR and rushed the balanced to what people told for long. Just because YOU PEOPLE that applaud this BS were so few that you weren't supporting financially the game enough.

You people are still so few in numbers that AGAIN it's a matter of WHEN and not IF Blizzard will cave in. Forget it, you'll never push your bullying over the majority for more than a few months, every couple of years, because you haven't money to make up for us leaving.
    Cataclysms heroic dungeon problem was they designed a dungeon with the difficulty of what an organized group could handle, and then opened it up for LFG. Chaos ensued. I blame the LFG system entirely for all the rage that happened at the start of Cata. LFG should have been kept to normal modes only.

The dungeons themselves were amazing - those heroics at the beginning of Cata were the best 5 man group content in WoW since Strath and Scholomance back in 2004/5.

Blizz has already said they're not giving the player warlocks the upgraded demon models.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Cataclysms heroic dungeon problem was they designed a dungeon with the difficulty of what an organized group could handle, and then opened it up for LFG. Chaos ensued. I blame the LFG system entirely for all the rage that happened at the start of Cata. LFG should have been kept to normal modes only.

The dungeons themselves were amazing - those heroics at the beginning of Cata were the best 5 man group content in WoW since Strath and Scholomance back in 2004/5.
    "Amazing" isn't what I think of when I think about having to run Heroic Grim Batol.

I never thought like this in the past and I don't even care whether flying will be removed forever or not, but I think those recent blueposts are disgusting.

While I can't offer much for discussion, hopefully it's a small comfort that at least their posts are read/voices heard. (Muffinus)
    I don't make all of the decisions (Muffinus)
    Still here, still listening, (Muffinus)
    I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think it's important to note that I'm reading all of the responses. (Muffinus)
    Every Voice Matters. However, I can't talk about internal goings-on. Apologies. (Muffinus)
    There is a massive difference between "ignored" and "disagreed with." (CM_Lore)

That all translates into ''We are listening to you, but won't do anything with it.'' in my opinion. Anyone can protect those blueposts in any way they want, but one thing is pretty obvious: The blues don't want to make stuff clear this time. Get to the point and either say that you might consider using the community's feedback or say that you will not instead of keep talking around it. I'd be ok with any answer, just don't talk vague. I don't like that.

P.S.: No, it doesn't comfort me that posts are read but ignored using different wording.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2015-05-26 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    As a Warlock I don't want any of my demons to be updated, except maybe the Imps. Not a big upgrade there tho :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    They always give the same response to vanilla servers, they just "think" people will play for a week, funny how many "vanilla" servers there are (private), and they seem to keep playing. I think its more like they would feel like accepting defeat or failure if they actually put up vanilla servers, and that is one of the major reasons it has not been done yet, even after constant requests for it.
    Give me back TBC and i'll play like mad...In fact they could just test how it goes if they would release servers like that.
    Even with the older graphics i would prefer ANY pre-MoP WoW . And yes i believe, too, that the afraid more people will actually play older editions than WoD or MoP... Meanwhile i wouldn't see as "defeat" if they actually listened people feedback and even release older expansions servers,something many people ask here and there... In fact that would be a "victory" by having happy customers and their adaptability could be legendary...

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I never thought like this in the past and I don't even care whether flying will be removed forever or not, but I think those recent blueposts are disgusting.

That all translates into ''We are listening to you, but won't do anything with it.'' in my opinion. Anyone can protect those blueposts in any way they want, but one thing is pretty obvious: The blues don't want to make stuff clear this time. Get to the point and either say that you might consider using the community's feedback or say that you will not instead of keep talking around it. I'd be ok with any answer, just don't talk vague. I don't like that.

P.S.: No, it doesn't comfort me that posts are read but ignored using different wording.
    Can't implement or remove stuff on the whim of a few loud people. If a group suddenly started asking for a gravity gun or cover-based combat, we'd all expect the devs to "listen" but not act on it.

you realize most of the post has turned into just flaming you guys because months of real feedback was ignored right?
    There is a massive difference between "ignored" and "disagreed with." (CM_Lore)
    This.... if the majority of your testers, if the majority of the players currently aren't happy, said things that needed to change.. and he says that.. i mean.. even if you disagree, you better have a damn good reason NOT to do the things being asked in one form or another.

Can't implement or remove stuff on the whim of a few loud people. If a group suddenly started asking for a gravity gun or cover-based combat, we'd all expect the devs to "listen" but not act on it.
    They can chose not to act on it, but there is the price to pay when competitors hear and their customers leave to people better prepared to attend to demands.
    Thing is that ANY MMO-RPG that take this cue and say they will receive the orphans of Flight will have a lot of good will from millions of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    Give me back TBC and i'll play like mad...In fact they could just test how it goes if they would release servers like that.
    Even with the older graphics i would prefer ANY pre-MoP WoW . And yes i believe, too, that the afraid more people will actually play older editions than WoD or MoP... Meanwhile i wouldn't see as "defeat" if they actually listened people feedback and even release older expansions servers,something many people ask here and there... In fact that would be a "victory" by having happy customers and their adaptability could be legendary...
    heard about private servers? ......

'people gonna poke it and leave it in a week saying wow is so much better now'
    - yup, thats why nostalrius alone has 6k online players, most of those who wanna play vanilla, will stay and play it

we would only need to have TBC servers, theres lack of them on the market, just a few servers with over 1k online players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    As far as Vanilla servers go, I have no interest. Give me a WOTLK or maybe TBC server and I'd be quite interested though. I'm calling bullshit on . Class design was all over the place in Vanilla, and some specs were basically unusable in raids and stuff.
    It's because people have rose-tinted glasses all over their eyes.
    I wouldn't want to play any of previous expansions again. I want the game to move forward, not be stuck somewhere in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a TBC server would be more popular than Vanilla, simply because TBC fixed alot of what was broken in Vanilla. But if Blizzard did a progression server that moved in TBC alot of interest would open up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    heard about private servers? ......

'people gonna poke it and leave it in a week saying wow is so much better now'
    - yup, thats why nostalrius alone has 6k online players, most of those who wanna play vanilla, will stay and play it

we would only need to have TBC servers, theres lack of them on the market, just a few servers with over 1k online players
    Yeah, but you forget one big thing: private servers do not require subscription. I doubt as many people would play in pay-to-play environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    They can chose not to act on it, but there is the price to pay when competitors hear and their customers leave to people better prepared to attend to demands.
    Thing is that ANY MMO-RPG that take this cue and say they will receive the orphans of Flight will have a lot of good will from millions of players.
    and any mmorpg can take the cue and provide their players with gravity guns and other promises too. I for one welcome our new flying gravity gun overlords. In other words: by all means, if a studio thinks they can deliver on a full 3d, all axis, flying based mmorpg, I will even give it a try. Flying in WoW however is about as involving as no-clipping through Doom 3.