Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post

That all translates into ''We are listening to you, but won't do anything with it.'' in my opinion. Anyone can protect those blueposts in any way they want, but one thing is pretty obvious: The blues don't want to make stuff clear this time. Get to the point and either say that you might consider using the community's feedback or say that you will not instead of keep talking around it. I'd be ok with any answer, just don't talk vague. I don't like that.

P.S.: No, it doesn't comfort me that posts are read but ignored using different wording.
    dont worry after q2 and q3sub resoults theywill
    a) change their tone
    b) fire half of braindead devs who makethose decisions - no sane shareholder will allow loosing milion of dollars just cause of stubborn dev who live in his own delusional world

you may milk the cow but you dont slaughter it when it still gives milk just cause ur stubborn.

for whatever reason they still seem those think that everything is ok when at average1 mln people unsuubbing each month

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    "You guys suck for taking away flying!"

"Give us a server with a state of the game before flying existed!"
    Post of the Damn Decade.

I will openly admit to playing the newest hot sauce in WoW "Theoretical Servers", as that guy put it in the tweet, and I can for sure say though, its pretty shit. Any nostalgia I had for it was gone in less than 20 minutes of gameplay.

Apparently the DLC universe has an odd calendar...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont worry after q2 and q3sub resoults theywill
    a) change their tone
    b) fire half of braindead devs who makethose decisions - no sane shareholder will allow loosing milion of dollars just cause of stubborn dev who live in his own delusional world

you may milk the cow but you dont slaughter it when it still gives milk just cause ur stubborn.

for whatever reason they still seem those think that everything is ok when at average1 mln people unsuubbing each month

I'll always prefer devs making a stand over the investor-oriented, committee-designed, "appeal to a wider audience" garbage that causes the industry to re-do CoD once a year -and- spawn a dozen clones because "if the kids like one, they'll -love- more of it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    heard about private servers? ......

'people gonna poke it and leave it in a week saying wow is so much better now'
    - yup, thats why nostalrius alone has 6k online players, most of those who wanna play vanilla, will stay and play it

we would only need to have TBC servers, theres lack of them on the market, just a few servers with over 1k online players
    Sure i have. And while i get what you mean, it's a whole other matter to have the support of the original company that produces the game, than a private server. In fact people avoid private servers because many things (some p2w, not bug-free content, scripting not even close to the original , just to name some).
    If Bliz recreates Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK servers , they will have a hype... Major factor is the unique things any class had to offer and the game totally lacks now. Nowdays the game revolves around one or maybe two factors. One of them is a number (damage/heal/dps call it as you like) and the other one is CC (if you count PvP as well). Back there you had to think from buffs to mana efficiency , damage /heals , CC and a shitload of other stuff that actually made the game WAR-CRAFT... it was an art.
    Anyway... if you count how many people play Privates with bugs and stuff only to play "TBC" or "Vanilla"...an idea of those, You can have a full battlegroup ( i think) and while in a private people come and go (because of mad stuff may happening) , in the real deal they will stay.
    From my RL friends i can count at least 10-15 people they would go full time TBC or Wotlk or even Vanilla. While from them we play WoW 2-3 people now and all of us have big breaks here and there.
    Any way you can see it the truth is 1. They will make even more money if they actually could release older expansions. They know it, they just don't want to admit it...

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    They always give the same response to vanilla servers, they just "think" people will play for a week, funny how many "vanilla" servers there are (private), and they seem to keep playing. I think its more like they would feel like accepting defeat or failure if they actually put up vanilla servers, and that is one of the major reasons it has not been done yet, even after constant requests for it.
    They're pretty right about it. Of the 5 guild mates dead set on playing on a highly rated vanilla server, they give up that shit before level 20. Their rose colored glasses certainly shattered reading their experiences on playing it again.

It's only requested by a small majority who think they'd enjoy shit design.

Just adding my 2 cents....

Been playing since vanilla on my warrior. I loved vanilla, with all its difficulties and a complete lack of QOL features. TBC came in with its brutal dungeons and flying. I loved them all even the flying as it was fresh. Next came WotL. Again I loved it with its intruduction of some decent QOL features. the story goes on up to today were we have no flying and again i am loving the expansion. I would not want to go back to vanilla. There is no way they could recreate the same feel.

My point being that jumping from one xpac to another always freshened the game and kept it relevant to me. Flying did come to a point of lift off - travel - land - kill 1 mob - lift off. They have put effort to improve movement from one map to another and even added toys to boost in map travel. The flow of game kept relevant and smooth.

For me its a constant game improvement and hope they proceed with their plans (that is no flyign and improve temporary movement and flight paths).

Just to add feedback on how maybe they could implement flight for the ppl that miss it. It needs some cool down or fatigue system that does not allow you to constantly bypass content. It needs to be restricted and done drastically if re-introduced. Like an example for every 1 min flight you need 15 min cool down in a form of a meter. I mean in a form of a meter as in you have 100 energy and for it to go from 0 to 100 it needs 15 minutes. Then you are free to spend the 100 energy as you wish. This is just a format and value should change to mimic the current toys that alow temp flight ingame in WOD.

"If you're going to announce a major feature being removed indefinitely, an interview isn't the place. Perhaps the main website?
    Curious why you feel that way. An interview on a major press site will likely be seen by more players. (CM_Lore)"

More players than your own site? Is he serious?

Also, I'd never heard of that site before today, I doubt I'm the only one. At this point it's like watching some glorious twelve-car train wreck.

Deleted
    Guys Private servers have other problems and they are not reliable, be it bugs or lag or p2w or whatever you like it. Some times skills aren't working or they are tweaked according to the "privates" taste...usually with not good results.
    The reason I say TBC or even end game WotLK is that PvP was way more balanced than now or MoP or even Cata... as for PvE they will introduce timewalking and we will eventually get do Old things again with challenge. The thing they can't do is the "uniqueness" classes/specs had in the past. And that is what WoW is missing. Hell if they could mod TBC/WotLK with current graphics (it would be easier for them to stay in the current ...upgraded(?) engine(?)...) i believe more people will play those servers than Trashran /Farmerama/selfies and stuff...
    I tell you, whoever player plays privates atm...he will pay and he will play if they make some servers. He will find the difference in quality convincing enough to pay...

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    Sure i have. And while i get what you mean, it's a whole other matter to have the support of the original company that produces the game, than a private server. In fact people avoid private servers because many things (some p2w, not bug-free content, scripting not even close to the original , just to name some).
    If Bliz recreates Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK servers , they will have a hype... Major factor is the unique things any class had to offer and the game totally lacks now. Nowdays the game revolves around one or maybe two factors. One of them is a number (damage/heal/dps call it as you like) and the other one is CC (if you count PvP as well). Back there you had to think from buffs to mana efficiency , damage /heals , CC and a shitload of other stuff that actually made the game WAR-CRAFT... it was an art.
    Anyway... if you count how many people play Privates with bugs and stuff only to play "TBC" or "Vanilla"...an idea of those, You can have a full battlegroup ( i think) and while in a private people come and go (because of mad stuff may happening) , in the real deal they will stay.
    From my RL friends i can count at least 10-15 people they would go full time TBC or Wotlk or even Vanilla. While from them we play WoW 2-3 people now and all of us have big breaks here and there.
    Any way you can see it the truth is 1. They will make even more money if they actually could release older expansions. They know it, they just don't want to admit it...

"scripting not even close to the original "
    wrong, depends on the server, some provide extremely high quality and dont release bugged content until its scripted,
    currently wotlk servers are the most promising, close to 100% blizzlike content (eg. polish sunwell), dont believe? start playing

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    They always give the same response to vanilla servers, they just "think" people will play for a week, funny how many "vanilla" servers there are (private), and they seem to keep playing. I think its more like they would feel like accepting defeat or failure if they actually put up vanilla servers, and that is one of the major reasons it has not been done yet, even after constant requests for it.
    I can't imagine many people would want to play on a Vanilla server since there was no flying back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Cataclysms heroic dungeon problem was they designed a dungeon with the difficulty of what an organized group could handle, and then opened it up for LFG. Chaos ensued. I blame the LFG system entirely for all the rage that happened at the start of Cata. LFG should have been kept to normal modes only.

The dungeons themselves were amazing - those heroics at the beginning of Cata were the best 5 man group content in WoW since Strath and Scholomance back in 2004/5.
    I agree on this. Running those heroic dungeons with friends/guildies was the best 5-man content i've experienced in Wow. Also remember doing the dungeon hero of xxxx achievement back then felt great as accomplishment. Really against the dumbing down of dungeons these days ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Everquest just opened a "classic" server this week called Ragefire, which is starting with vanilla EQ and will be releasing the next expansion every 6 months. It has been quite popular. I had to sit in queue for over an hour just to get in to play today.

I think a vanilla WoW server with some kind of progression of expansions over time would also be extremely popular just like it has been in EQ. You don't need millions of people playing it, just enough people to fill one server worth of community. I bet there are easily enough for that - In fact the server would probably be packed.
    I played back in vanilla so get me guess what you saying want to play again all expansions?
    Done that already. So no thank you. Even with its flaws and vanilla had them even if most don't want to admit it. I liked it but it's time to look to the future and not to the past. Let's concentrate and try go press blizzard to actually get to the point where they really cared for the game and had a dev team with passion for it.
    About flying im cool without it. I can see more of the world. I can see players running around and sometimes LOL about some guys trying to go to the top of a mountain or just ride with some friends to do a quest and see cool stuff.
    Like the other day we where trying to get inside tannan jungle.

Too bad Blizzard nerfed Demo into the ground and it really doesn't matter.

So, new demon models at the very patch they reflstomp demonology damage output :P Oh, no flying is OK for me. In current content that is. In my opinion they should enable it when a new expansion comes, to previous content.

Deleted
    Lets go :P

Sure, there's definitely interest, even internally. We just don't think there's enough to offset the costs. (CM_Lore)

Make one server , you got the files (i'm sure there is archive) you got nothing to do only drop the next patch some eventual time , you dont need to fix shit you dont need to create anything , just keep it runing and if people overpopulate it make another .

Personally, I'd 100% expect it to be something almost everyone just pokes at for a week or two and then drops. (CM_Lore)

Yea cuz we are so into poking garisons atm , you know the "Fun" , but we cant drop it cuz nothing else to do , its the Garrison expansion . Then again at least we got raids

Not really an effective use of time for devs who could be working on any number of features for the live game. (CM_Lore)

So what are you deving on already compleated patch and versions , we want it the same , not the w/e you want to change it to . Its just change from one patch to another , you are not creating anything new .

Speaking for myself, I'd love to go back and poke at classic. I just don't think I'd play it for long. (CM_Lore)

One thing you said right ... your opinion As a person that have both blizzard and playing private servers just to get vanilla/tbc expiriance i can tell you tons of bugs , but most of the time its awesome .

I'm a kind of long time player, i started playing right before BC came out, and i really enjoyed the game, was very active, enjoyed all the Expansions, WoTLK was my favorite, then cataclysm came out and we had switched to that new talent tree, and half my action bar went away. I didn't mind the adaption with the new skills and missing half my stuff but i completely lost all individuality for my character, (Warrior) I had made my own rotation and skill tree then it was all destroyed with the Cataclysm launch. IG what i'm trying to get at here is that i really want the old talent trees back, along with a few other things that had changed after the WotLK patch. I honestly don't play too much anymore for a few of these reasons.

Deleted
    "I never take a piece of feedback lightly. Every Voice Matters."

I have already bought a vacuum cleaner Mr. Salesman! Next time try harder!

My girlfriend have just cancelled his account, she said: "no fly, no money for your shareholders!".

Maybe you, mindless Blizzard fan boys love when they remove a good feature from the game but people with sense just let this game shrinks alone. My realm is so empty 3/10 Mythic kill is the progress and here comes 6.2. AH is dead there are only 10-20 tabs of stuff everyday...
    Last edited by mmoc965ab6a282; 2015-05-26 at 11:49 AM.

The snide, entitled, bitchy attitudes of these "no flying" posts recently is just embarrassing. What a toxic waste dump of a game community.

"Proof" that Blizz never planned on adding flying to WoD. Here's a quote from Twitter, during the beta.

"It doesn't matter. Flying undermines gameplay. That trumps any kind of pro vs. con vote for who wants it." - Bashiok

The entire conversation is a good read. Shows that people did call out the devs on what WoD turned out to be, even during beta.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/509843320793608192