Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    started with arcade games in the late 80 into 90s, stuff like brawlers then was really into fighting games like street fighter and king of fighters, still play sometimes, then a lot of platformers, then one day i decided i wanted to play an rpg so i tried a ling to the past and was fun but it really didnt have much story to it, then one day i rented chrono trigger from blockbuster and was hooked so i wanted to try other rpgs and a friend in school sold me his FF3 (ff6) and i loved it and been playing story driven games since. but lately i am really into rts and games like xcom

I'd say yes but.. from age 7-14 ish I enjoyed many of the games I still enjoy now.. So probably not that much.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Nope, in 25 years of gaming I've yet to have big change in what I like and hate.

My tastes have always been pretty stable. Games I loved back then I still love today, genres I loved back then I still love today.
    Of course there is some variations in intensity, but the general tastes themselves haven't changed. Guess I knew what I liked from early on

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Less love of Handheld now, mainly because I've grown older and have less limitations on staying up, I don't have to sneak and play my GBA Sp/Nintendo DS anymore at night Prefer just playing WoW mainly, although I'm more interested in Story and Plots, particularly things that build the world up than I used to be. Playing Arkham City again currently and love the Interview Tapes/Stories and so on, also enjoyed it in BioShock Infinite.

I'm still interested in Games on Handheld Consoles, but given I'm more likely to listen to Music whilst mobile, I usually have my iPod and Phone, and something basic like Solitaire or very recently Hearthstone without an extra device than I need to carry. Seem to have lost or faded my Pokemon obsession and Nintendo cooled off a little, but I still enjoy those games.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I would say my taste in games has diversified throughout the years I have been playing, yet I still hold a love for the types of games that started this hobby.
    I do admit there are times where I just play one game for a while, ignoring all others, yet at others I just muck about on many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes in some ways and not as much in others.

I will live and die a hardcore RPG fan though in the last year or so I've decided to divorce myself from MMORPGs. At this point, I have about 18 RPGs across 8 Platforms (PC included) that I need to finish or in some cases, start. LOL.

By design, MMOs are endless and after playing WoW for 8 years, I feel I need to go back to RPGs with an actual ending. Again, MMOs are endless by design.

The only current-gen consoles I have are the handhelds--3DS and Vita. I have Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii and never finished it. Didn't see the point in getting the New 3DS Version (by the way I don't have a New 3DS myself either) since I never finished the Wii version. In the last few years, I've mostly used my PS3 and Xbox 360 as Blu Ray and DVD Players respectively. I have no problem saying I bought both consoles for their non-gaming functions (DVD/Blu-Ray and Streaming Netflix and Crunchyroll).

I expect my Xbox 360 to get alot of play time real soon since I just bought a 1TB External Hard Drive for it. I have a couple of games I've meant to buy in the last few years but didn't since I was low on disc space. I moved and redownloaded all the movies, Anime and TV Episodes I bought over the last 8 years to my new hard drive, which will allow me to use the system Hard Drive (250GB) for just Video Games =D

I do have a number of PS3 games I need to finish including Skyrim, 5 "Tales of" Games--all of them, actually--and all three Mass Effect games. I also have a number of Vita and 3DS games that I need to finish. In addition to that, there are some PSP, DS, GBA and (wait for it) Classic Game Boy and Gear Gear games I am working on, too.

...I really need a clone.

In terms of platforms, in recent years I've heavily favored handhelds due to not having to be tethered to one spot all day long. The aggressive and in some cases restrictive DRM Tactics that are the norm in the PC Market are another reason I've started going back to console and heldheld gaming more and more. There's PC games that I play of course but I'm very conscientious of the distributer(s)/Publisher(s) I buy games from. Blizzard and Steam are my main go-to distributers so...yeah.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Nope, still play the same genre after years of gaming, something about RPG's always makes me want to play them

Only thing evolved is my taste in quality. Always been fond of older JRPG's (Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy), RPG's with meaningful choices (Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher), open world games and games involving (or where it's possible to opt into) stealth gameplay (Dishonored, Thief).

Never really went for the whole first-person shooter fad that started with CS 1.6. Played it for a while but transitioned to WoW when it came out. Never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it has evolved, rather - expanded. I started out playing mostly platformers, twitch shooters and RTS games in 90-s. In later 90-s I got into gameplay-driven RPG world, and in 2004, after buying KotoR, I became a vivid fan of story-driven RPG games. In late 2000s, I started playing online RTS. Everything I've enjoyed before, I still enjoy though.

Recently though I've been buying almost exclusively story-driven RPGs: Mass Effect, Witcher, Dragon Age... New high quality RTS aren't coming out, new "realistic" shooters are nothing like those FPS games (Doom, Jedi Knight) that I loved a long time ago, non-story-based RPGs probably got old and I don't feel like playing them anymore, and same goes for platformers.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Young Child, Platformers.
    Late Child and Early Teen years, Turn based RPG's/RTS/Beat Em ups.
    Late Teens Young Adult, MMO's/FPS/Action RPGs/Whatever it is you call games like Batman Arkham series.
    early-mid 20's, Open World Action RPGS/MMO's/Whatever it is you call games like Batman Arkham series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a bit. I used to love FPS games like Quake and Descent but nowadays I can't really be bothered with that anymore. On the other hand, I've always been an RPG lover and I still am.