Deleted

I7-4790k + Mother board offer

Hi would just like some quick opinions if I should buy these now while the offer is available, the i7 has a £35 reduction, now at a price of £233 and when i buy it with a specific mother board i get an additional £30 cash back Should i buy this now? I would of bought these around july 24th latest any way. Will the broadwell cpus effect the price of the i7 so that its £65 cheaper- this is the question i am asking my self.

Thanks

I don't think intel cpu's really drop in price when a new generation comes out. And even if it does it won't be that big as that £65 so I would go for it while it lasts. The cashback for mobo+cpu only lasts till the 26th of june.

Depends on which mobo. If it's unnecessarily expensive or just trash it's not worth it.

Keep in mind £100 mobo overclocks just as well as £300 board.

Deleted
    The mother board I was going to get was either asus vii hero or ranger, any suggestions?

Deleted
    So how much was the hero or ranger being sold at initially? You got a link to the website of that offer to check it out if there are other better options?

Deleted
    The mother boards were from aria pc and they were the cheapest out of the other websites I checked

Deleted
    List of the Promotion , at least in belgium;
    difference between hero and ranger is that hero has little bit more things , extra sata ports and m 2.0 pci port and apparently a little better supply voltage, but must of this components are never used by 99.99% of the consumers, now if u want the easy life and just want to click 1 time and OC via software the i7+hero board is a good combination, or at least has better chance to achieve higher OC since its turbo is alrdy at 4.4ghz, if you want to OC urself and ur computer is only going to be gaming and random use, nothing that requires a lot of power (rendering, editing video) the i5-4790k and any 100£ range mobo-z97 is as good as the i7+hero, for gaming there is minimal diference, almost none

Deleted
    So go with the ranger instead of the hero then? Would like to hear one or two more opinions on this
    I will mainly be gaming,watching anime and oc my self
    Last edited by mmocacc9bbb619; 2015-05-27 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholykiler View Post
    I will mainly be gaming,watching anime and oc my self
    Both MBs will do a great job at it, great overclocks does not require premium motherboards anymore.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter