Deleted

should i get a gathering profession?

Hi there,

im a 1 Char player, so i only have one Activ Char.
    In my case its my Warlock, he has 2 crafter Professions Juwelcrafting and Inscription (about ~400-500 Profession items at the moment)

I saw that Felblight now can be found by gathering Professions, should i reroll one Profession?
    I think the Price of Felblight will drop realy fast on the AH. But still should i get a Profession so that i can gather it my self?

At this moment, i dont know what items will be BIS for my WL so i dont know if it would be wise to get 3 Craftet items and have 3 715 offset items.
    Or what i hope Crafted items will still be equal or worse than Heroic(raid) gear.

Greets
    Excelcia

Alts, use them to be your gathering prof instead of your main to save you some time. Just level one up in your free time or whenever and use them to do the stuff. If you want to do it on your warlock i would say just do it, otherwise just do not do it unless you really want to spend the time selliing it and making a buttload of gold.

Deleted
    I agree pretty much. If you have enough time (and motivation) to play an alt (or at least level it, it doesn't have to have very good equipment if it's just for gathering) I'd do that rather than unlearning your warlock's professions.
    The price might drop indeed pretty fast (nobody knows so far), I don't think it's worth it - on the other hand, you can always re-learn Jewelcrafting, but that will also cost a lot of gold (and/or time).
    Also, you never know if there might be another option to get it easier/quicker in another patch

I don't think I'd bother. It's to collect resources for possibly only one tier (no guarantee that a rare crafting material will be from gathering in future expansions), and we don't know the staying power of the fel blight prices once everyone is reasonably geared. No to mention, the Baleful gear will be upgradeable to entry level heroic ilevel with Apexis.

You can also farm the fel blight from fishing pools, so I would suggest just doing that, instead of dropping your two professions just to pick up mining or herbalism.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree! I am excited to see this Profession now

Thanks for starting and share this!