Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    So, she ran away because the father wanted to get the son circumcised.

Going on the fact that apparently Florida is legally mandating that they mutilate the boys penis, I can't help but go against my better judgement and say she did the right thing.
    As far as I can tell, they divorced before he was born, and had a formal contract agreeing that they would circumcise the boy. She changed her mind, but lost the court case for custody, and lost the court case to counteract the contract.

So Florida is legally mandating that they follow their contract, and that she follows the custody ruling. The father won custody, which includes the right to make medical decisions.

I get the moral issues that exist in this case, but let's not say an entire state is doing something it's not doing.

She initially agreed in a parenting agreement filed in court, then changed her mind, giving way to a long legal fight. Circuit and appellate judges have sided with the father.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Not to start a whole big thing ... but abortion kind of supports that parents do, in fact, own their kids. So do most our current laws regarding minors (requiring legal guardian signatures for most all legal documentation). You can't just say SOME things are up to the individual person but not all... that is just illogical.

Am I going to get banned? I'm going get banned aren't I?
    I'd say those two issues (abortion vs circumcision) are two entirely different things. One is bodily autonomy -- the right to control what is in your body (abortion), and the other is legal control over a minor's actions/medical care (circumcision).
    Last edited by Annoying; 2015-05-26 at 03:03 PM.

I agree, like I said against my better judgement I'd support this person in this rather strange case.

Yes, the surgical remove of the foreskin, most often used as part of a religious practise. Do you know what mutilation is? Because it's defined as the infliction of serious damage upon something.

Now, if you're still with me, can you describe how the permanent removal of a large section of skin over a bodily organ for no medical reason can be said to not be mutilation?

Religious FREAKS dont listen to logic and reason ever thats why they cant comprehend mutilation like this. it has to be outlawed really how barbaric of a country do you have if you cant even protect the babies from bodily harm from stoneaged barbaric tradition that have ZERO place in todays world,

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's not seriously damaging to the penis. Nor is the intent to cause serious damage.
    How do you get to that conclusion?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Congrats on your anecdote, too bad that is still no fucking excuse to have a reason to mutilate a child's genitals for your perverse reasons.
    Talk about overreaching and overreacting

Deleted
    It's not seriously damaging to the penis.
    It obviously does Dr. Kellogs the guy from the Cornflakes wanted it for little boys so that they dont touch themself.

And so forth cutting of your earlobes doesnt damage your ears as much as this procedure does to the penis.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    A large section? its just the extra skin hanging off the end that gets cut, its' not like they job off the head. What are you people smoking
    Since you've already been circumcised it's really hard to get across the loss of feeling you've never experienced.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about overreaching and overreacting
    You sure you're not just looking at your post history? Pretty funny seeing the pot trying to call the kettle black.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

- inflict serious damage on.

- inflict a violent and disfiguring injury on.
    That obviously depends on the definition, the one I linked does not require that.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    As far as I can tell, they divorced before he was born, and had a formal contract agreeing that they would circumcise the boy. She changed her mind, but lost the court case for custody, and lost the court case to counteract the contract.

So Florida is legally mandating that they follow their contract, and that she follows the custody ruling. The father won custody, which includes the right to make medical decisions.

I get the moral issues that exist in this case, but let's not say an entire state is doing something it's not doing.

Source

It isnt a medically needed procedure and the father should lose custody and be tossed in jail for looking to do bodily mutilation of his kids. it is no different than some idiots somewhere looking to cut the fingers of the kids just because it is our tradition. Yep same level of barbaric mutilation going on and the father needs to be locked up 10-25 years for these CRIMES.

Deleted
    Does it cause serious damage? No.
    Yes it removes a functional body part.

But yeah its not fatal except when it goes wrong.

Since you've already been circumcised it's really hard to get across the loss of feeling you've never experienced.
    I have a ton of feeling in the tip of my skin, they don't get rid of the magic button, trust me I have played with it enough to know that

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not seriously damaging to the penis. Nor is the intent to cause serious damage.
    Congrats on showing what a feminist you are; completely ignoring anything regarding men or dismissing it as harmless. You still never answered about how you feel about female genital circumcision. Would you like to have most of your genitals cut up for the sake of "health reasons"?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Do doctors do it to cause serious damage? No.

Does it cause serious damage? No.

It's wrong to do, I agree... but by definition, it's not mutilation.
    I'm still not sure how you're getting to that conclusion, right now you're just saying it doesn't do damage because you say so. Genuinely, not looking for heated arguments, just want to understand the thought process that comes to such a different conclusion than mine.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Not to start a whole big thing ... but abortion kind of supports that parents do, in fact, own their kids (which some, whether you agree or not, might argue is worse than circumcision). So do most our current laws regarding minors (requiring legal guardian signatures for most all legal documentation). You can't just say SOME things are up to the individual person but not all... that is just illogical.

Am I going to get banned? I'm going get banned aren't I?
    Circumcision isn't comparable to abortion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering when this would appear on MMO Champ forums lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    You're a good debater.

Wow, wow wow, it is mutilation and we should never tolerate bodily mutilation to be legal anywhere. If i come up to you looking to just shop a fraction of your finger off i would be charged with a crime as it should be. same needs to apply here you look to chop on the dick you need to be charged as a sex offender and locked up for 10-25 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a ton of feeling in the tip of my skin, they don't get rid of the magic button, trust me I have played with it enough to know that
    Appeal to (false) authority. Because you can speak for everyone when you've had a similar event, but not the same experience or consequences as a result of said event. After all, there is no salmonella outbreak, I ate tuna yesterday and I'm fine! Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Congrats on showing what a feminist you are; completely ignoring anything regarding men or dismissing it as harmless. You still never answered about how you feel about female genital circumcision. Would you like to have most of your genitals cut up for the sake of "health reasons"?
    Now you're getting ignorant, female genital circumcision is mutilation, it's trying to control a womans sexual behavior, there is nothing simliar to this. I think you uncircumcised people are ignorant thinking male circumcision hinders us from sexual stimulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post

It is worse than abortion so right it isnt comparable.