Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day. "
    Granted, doesn't apply to this thread yet but usually the "why" seems to have more to do with "I did this thing ... so come check my youtube channel about it and give me views" than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's true of everything until rush/aggro gets addressed properly :P

- - - Updated - - -

God imagine a mech mage deck with Antonidas and +spell damage parts :O
    That thought causes me actual physical pain
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

So everyone would be an engineer or a tailor. I could also see inscription being somewhat viable I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by eclypsus View Post
    Don't forget though, you do have to spend 2 mana to give that minion the +1 Spell damage. Whereas you could get the same effect from a 2 mana Kobold Geomancer plus you'd get a 2/2 minion.

Plus I'm not sure what else Tailoring could give you? Suggestions...
    While this is true, Spell Damage +1 is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than +1/+0 or +0/+1. That said, I really do like this idea, but a few of them could use some tweaks. Inscription seems pretty great, Alchemy seems weak (compared to a perma +1/+0 or +0/+1), and JC might also be a bit too strong. I'm not exactly sure what you could do to some of them, but still, love the idea, really hope Blizz sees it!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    +1 mana coin next turn is damn OP. Your suggestion, while interesting on paper, just doesn't fit in the game. Don't fuck with the fundamentals and will make the game much more boring.

Quote Originally Posted by eclypsus View Post
    Don't forget though, you do have to spend 2 mana to give that minion the +1 Spell damage. Whereas you could get the same effect from a 2 mana Kobold Geomancer plus you'd get a 2/2 minion.

Plus I'm not sure what else Tailoring could give you? Suggestions...
    actually spell damage is huge when you consider control decks. The downside is that you have to have a minion out but pair this with say the shaman hero power and you are looking at some pretty heavy aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Don't like it, seems to only be truly useful if you are running out of cards, which pretty much means you are playing some scum deck that dumps its hand onto the board each turn. And the turns where you don't have a lot to dump, where your opponent would have a chance to catch up, now you would have a profession to spend mana on, instead of falling behind like you should.
    So your entire criticism is based on a hate for a specific deck format which works because of players spending more time complaining, than they do trying to counter it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Spell Damage +1 is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than +1/+0 or +0/+1
    So if tailoring was changed to Spell Damage +1 for this turn only, would that make it more balanced. After reading some of your comments, i do agree that a perma spell damage buff could become ridiculous in the right decks.

Alchemy seems weak (compared to a perma +1/+0 or +0/+1)
    What if Alchemy was changed to Give a minion taunt. To me it seems a little Op but on the other hand it would be in line with the Spare Part card. I'd love to hear any other suggestions for alchemy to be honest!

+1 mana coin next turn is damn OP.
    I can see it being situationally powerful. But wasting 2 mana for 1 extra mana your next turn (next turn ONLY, this is not Druid: Wild Growth, it isn't a permanent extra crystal). I see it as playing a weak turn to get a slightly stronger following turn.

All the feedback and comments are great. Keep it coming...I will not rest until the idea is perfect.
    Last edited by eclypsus; 2015-05-28 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While this is true, Spell Damage +1 is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than +1/+0 or +0/+1.
    I agree with that, although if you think about it +1 spell damage for 2 mana is like throwing down a Kobold Geomancer but you don't get a 2/2 body out of it. Maybe you could argue that the +1 HP/AP bonuses are actually too weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I agree with that, although if you think about it +1 spell damage for 2 mana is like throwing down a Kobold Geomancer but you don't get a 2/2 body out of it. Maybe you could argue that the +1 HP/AP bonuses are actually too weak.
    The whole idea behind the Professions was to give players the chance to have a way of doing something (undervalued to equal effects gained through cards or Hero Powers) or a way to spend unused mana crystals (it happens).

Example: your opponent has a Piloted Shredder and you have a Spider tank. You could use Health +1 on your Spider tank and kill the shredder, and your tank survives.

I have made the change to tailoring so that it gives the +1 spell power for that turn only (not sure if it will require a minion or not)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so based on your feedback and comments here are the updated Porfessions:

Do they seem more balanced now?

I've decided to revisit my Professions idea and try to better balance them:

Alchemy: Give a minion Taunt.
    -Same as revised version. Good against aggro decks.

Blacksmithing: Give a minion +2 Attack this turn.
    -Changed to be this turn ONLY but with an extra attack point.

Engineering: Add a Spare Part to your hand. It costs (0).
    -Changed to make the Spare Part cost (0). Since this Trade Skill has an RNG component, this evens out the costs for all Trade Skills. Still has the advantage of having extra cards in hand as well as a spell card.

Inscription: Put a card from your hand to your deck, draw a new card. It costs (1) less.
    -This needed an immediate benefit. In the end you get a new card that costs 1 less, but paid 2 to get.

Jewelcrafting: Gain 1 mana crystal next turn only.
    -Stays the same. Sacrificing 2 mana this turn for 1 mana next turn for a big play seems balanced. Could result in a massive Tempo druid play (8 mana on turn 3 if the stars align).

Leatherworking: Give a minion +2 Health this turn.
    -Same change as Blacksmithing, this turn ONLY but an additional point of health.

Tailoring: Give a minion Spell Damage +1 this turn.
    -Same as its revised version. Extra power for when you need it. (May remove the minion component)

Any thoughts on balancing (specifically Tailoring...minion needed or not).

Deleted
    I don't know, one spell damage for this turn only may not sound too op.
    But going from a 2damage aoe to a 3 damage aoe can make the difference for a boardclear.

Another possibility - maybe they could add rare ingredients you accumulate from disenchanting that you can use with a profession to craft a specific list of cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't know, one spell damage for this turn only may not sound too op.
    But going from a 2damage aoe to a 3 damage aoe can make the difference for a boardclear.
    True, but that's kind of the entire point. If you need that 3 dmg AoE to boardclear, then you can use TAILORING for 2-Mana (which is a large mana investment) and get that board clear. The Trade Skills are meant to be strategic yet mana inefficient means of accomplishing what you need to do.

Each Trade Skill can have a strategic function in all the various deck types found in Hearthstone.

Alchemy: Giving a minion taunt VS a face hunter is substantial. Or it can potentially protect another minion for a turn to set-up a nice combo for the next turn.

Blacksmithing: Your minion too weak to kill their bigger minion, boom, you can now increase their atk and get the kill. Or it can be used to put one of their minions into BGH or Shadow Word: Death range.

Engineering: If your running Violet Teacher's, Gadgetztan Auctioneer, Questing Adventurer, Illidan or even Dragonkin Sorcere, a few extra free spells in hand can be huge. Not to mention Antonidas or Flame Walker. You could make a Mountain Giant deck without having to be a Warlock.

Inscription: Running a dragon deck with no dragons in hand, try your luck at getting one. Running Varian but don't want that Force Tank in your hand, you want to potentially get it for free...

Jewelcrafting: Perfect for Ramp Druids who want a massive early game turn. Or you have a card in hand that you just need to use 1 turn sooner.

Leatherworking: Perfect for giving a minion that needed HP to survive attacking another minion.

Tailoring: example above.

These are all mana heavy ways to achieve something that could be done more efficiently through cards or spells (except for inscription and jewelcrafting). Would it be better to drop the abusive sergeant instead of using Blacksmithing...sure, but as we all know, it doesn't always work out that way.

Adding the Trade Skill feature would also open up an avenue for Blizzard to create new types of cards that interact with them in some way. It would just be another layer of depth added to the game. To keep it fresh and interesting for veteran players yet simple enough for new players to not be overwhelmed.
    Last edited by eclypsus; 2015-09-19 at 02:28 PM.