Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ROI from Level 3 garrison

I have 4 level 100 chars, with 3 more on the way.

Was wondering what the Return on Investment was for a level 3 garrison.

It costs 5000g per character just for the level 3, not to mention all the bluebrints etc.

Was wondering if someone charted out what they could make with just level 2 and if it was worth it or not?

will the shipyard require a level 3 garrison?

will the shipyard give any gold rewards?

My alts are strictly income for my main

From purely a gold making perspective, a lvl 3 garrison is necessary. It adds to the quality of life and you can easily make that gold back within a few weeks for each character.
    Currently each of my alts sends 10k GOLD not just items, but actual gold to my bank toon every week. So its very worth it. The larger issue for lvl 3 garrisons is the resources. I fortunately got all my alts through tanaan and have been resources capped for months so when i did decide to level them i could put all lvl 3 buildings and get started with gold making immediately.

IDK about shipyard

Need L3 garrison for L3 in and L3 salvage yard. Need L3 inn for treasure missions. Need L3 salvage yard for top crates.

You should be able to make back your investment in all of these within a week with properly specced out followers.

Shipyards do indeed require a level 3 garrison and I think they said shipyards are required to get to Tanaan which you can get the new Felblight from.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made a chart to see how much i would make from missions/boxes, turns out it's a lot.
    Here's the chart.
    I'm planing on adding more garrisons but i just cba to lvl another char

But yeah, the 5-10K investment is well worth it if you have 40 min a day to spare doing missions

You have to have it. I have 6 lvl100 characters and ai average 30-40k gold each week just from treasure hunting missions. Would br more but only my main is getting raid missions and 3-4k additional gold. If all 6 had them i would probably earn 70k EZ. Friend on my realm has 15 character ( reals are merged ) and he averages 18k each day.

makes sense thanks, time to start spamming gold missions

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    makes sense thanks, time to start spamming gold missions
    Oh make sure you get harrison jones. Best follower period.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Oh make sure you get harrison jones. Best follower period.
    You can get one wjth treasure hunting skill/perk each week from inn. I have at least 4 on each character

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You can get one wjth treasure hunting skill/perk each week from inn. I have at least 4 on each character
    Yes but Harrison is invaluable for levelling up your new treasure hunter every week in addition to having TH by defaul and he doesn't require that much effort to get (just some RNG on the dailies).

In the last 30 days, I've made 225,000 gold from 8 level 100 toons, just doing Garrison missions. Yes it is worth it to get to Level 3.

Well since i rerolled freshly on alliance, and using my 5 100's on horde just to make gold for wow token.
    I dont have followers with gold trait ( or w/e its called ) i just log in click on gold mission and then everyone else, and im making around 1000-1300 per day, just from mission and selling trash from crates, thats around 6-9k per day, so its just fine to pay atleast for my token with just 10min per day

As other guys posted above, you can make alot of gold if you put some effort into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    The mentor trait is what makes him better than any treasure hunter grab from the inn. I assume you don't know how great that trait is in leveling your inn recruits. Go get him, trust me you won't regret it.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-05-26 at 10:50 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

over a long enough timeline ROI on a garrison is infinite (possibly limited by the length of the expansion, we don't know how that'll work yet.) You'll pay back the 10-15k startup cost in a couple weeks once it's all set up, and after that it's gravy.

the real limiting factor is time; even if all you do is log in and set missions on most of your alts, it gets to take a long time after a while and it's pretty monotonous. I've leveled four characters to 100 and I find I can only really be fussed to do garrison things on two (main and primary alt) more than once or twice a week.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the process of opening 5600 salvage crates, it takes so damn long but the amount of gold is just stupid really, Level 3 is worth it for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I'm in the process of opening 5600 salvage crates
    They really need to add a method of batch-opening those bastards. You get lazy on them for even a day or two and suddenly you have so many the prospect of clicking on them all becomes troubling, to say the least.

Well.
    I maintain 11 garrisons every fucking day.
    I play 40 minutes on the morning and another before sleep, it's not that bad, i mostly do it while watching some videos or movies.
    Today was the most profitable day from missions alone: I got 24k, got rare 700~1000g missions on every character and two blingtron (2000g) missions.
    I'd say.... it's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    defiently worth it

here is a chart i did for a 32 day period

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    You can keep it LV2 and only craft Trading post LV1 then log in every three days to collect free Garrison Resources from the cache.
    You can use the m to acquire materials from said Trading post. No LV3 required.
    Which is totally missing the point. You don't make money in your garrison from converting garrison resources into materials. That is just a little helper to pad your income. You make the real money on gold missions, salvage crates and small plot resources. If you don't go to level 3 you don't get a third small plot, a second medium plot and a second large plot.

To get a good "passive" alt garrison going you really need an Inn level 3, a salvage yard level 3, a trading post level 3, a bunker to get follower upgrades, a barracks to get 5 extra followers, a JC hut for the daily with a JC follower active (you can also make decent money on crafting the 640 epic rings/necklaces. I make roughly 1k per), and a inscription hut with follower active. This is how I setup all my alt passive guys and it is super nice.

You get income from the following sources:

1.) Gold missions, with treasure hunters recruited from the Inn every week.
    2.) Salvage crates. Don't bother trying to sell xmog, the market crashed and it is just easier (time is money!) to sell it all.
    3.) JC daily. Only do the cheap days. If the materials are close to 175gold in cost, don't bother. Some days you can turn 30 gold in materials into 200 gold.
    4.) Inscription daily. Just send all the partial orders to your bank toon and combine them. Either get a 75 gold or 225 gold item to sell.
    5.) JC rings/neck. It takes 100 to get enough to make a ring/neck. Roughly every two days you can make one with equates to roughly an extra 3k a week.
    6.) Darkmoon cards from hut. I don't bother selling individual cards. Some are not worth posting price. If you just send all the cards to your bank toon and combine them into decks they are easier to sell. I get from 1k to 2.5k a deck depending on what it is.
    7.) Garrison resource conversion via trading post. You can either convert into high profit materials on cheap days and AH post, or you can convert into materials to power your alt garrisons. On cheap ore days I might by some stacks of blackrock ore since it is 2G an ore on my server.

With this setup you log in twice a day, in the morning and at night. You do the two dailies and on the weekend you craft your rings/cards. It is super quick and easy. You can make an argument for ogre stones or barn trapping, but it defeats the purpose of the "passive" income alt. It is fine if you have one, maybe two alts but when you start to get 5+ going it turns into a chore that is not time effective.

I average about 6-10k per character per week from the garrison table. Another 1-2k per character per week from the salvage yard. Then another 500g or a day so from the mine and garden. So probably 2-3 weeks to recoup the roughly 20kg from upgrading to level 3 for everything.