Page 1 of 59
... LastLast

[Megathread] Steam Summer Sale 2015

​Mod Notes: Don't post to beg for games*, memes (after sale has started), or anything else that can get you infracted.
    *You can try to trade with others if you want (try to use the
    Steam Trade Thread though) just don't go begging for someone to buy a game so you can trade them.

Steam Sale is now live! The sale is currently active, and is June 11th - 22nd.

Please refer to the below image for optimal money savings (click to enlarge).

There's a new thing this sale: Monster Summer Game.

"Playing the Monster Game will help your team level up, unlock new abilities, and achieve community milestones. Plus, get Summer Sale Trading Cards just for playing. Defeat monsters, activate abilities, reach new worlds, and complete other event milestones to help unlock special game discounts for everyone."

June 16th's Deals:

Daily Deals:

• Life is Feudal @ 50% off; $19.99
    • The Crew @ 50% off; $29.99
    • Verdun @ 50% off; $11.49
    • Elite: Dangerous @ 25% off; $44.99
    • Grav @ 50% off; $9.99
    • Total War Franchise @ 33-50% off
    • Final Fantasy Franchise @ 30-50% off
    • WWE 2K15 [includes all DLC] @ 50% off; $24.99
    • Payday 2 @ 75% off; $4.99
    • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition @ 75% off; $7.49
    • Assetto Corsa @ 50% off; $24.99
    • The Talos Principle @ 66% off; $13.59
    • Space Engineers @ 50% off; $12.49
    • Terraria @ 75% off; $2.49
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition @ 80% off; $4.99

Flash Deals:

• Street Fighter Franchise @ 40-50% off
    • Distance @ 50% off; $9.99
    • Grow Home @ 50% off; $3.99
    • Rise of Nations @ 75% off; $4.99
    • System Shock 2 @ 90% off; $0.99
    • Sins of an Empire: Rebellion @ 75% off; $9.99
    • Contagion @ 75% off; $4.99
    • Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition @ 66% off; $6.79
    • Spelunky @ 80% off; $2.99
    • Skull Girls @ 85% off; $2.24
    • Mordheim: City of the Damned @ 40% off; $19.19
    • Reassembly @ 35% off; $9.74
    • Deus Ex Franchise @ 80% off
    • Need for Speed Franchise @ 78% off
    • Door Kickers @ 75% off; $4.99
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2015-06-16 at 05:48 PM.

I was hoping that Telltale's GoT would've been fully released by now so it'd be on sale for dirt cheap like TWD S2 last year, but nope! So slow... and since it's still classified as "new game" I doubt we will see it drop considerably.

Other than that, really not much on the store that I want. Now, if the rumors about putting NCsoft games on Steam are true, I might buy GW1. Or FFXIV (if they slash that on Steam, but MMOs rarely ever do that).

Why was the sale rumored to go on a month before the calendar date of "summer starts"? The sales started off as late june into july, but more recently have been early July to mid July periods. People getting all ancy when there's still over a month to go.

I guess I should say something on topic of the sale...umm

At least I have a job this time around. Yay!
    Last edited by Jamber; 2015-05-27 at 12:39 AM. Reason: bad at dates
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's not any time soon...

I'm going on vacation and won't have access to a reliable source of intertubes for like 3 weeks....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I hope it's not any time soon...

I'm going on vacation and won't have access to a reliable source of intertubes for like 3 weeks....
    If the trend continues you won't be missing much. There will be good prices on older games, and the "sale" prices for the relevant interesting games will be the standard prices from other merchants.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

That's weird. Why would the Summer Sale be rumored to start this early? It usually starts in June or July doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Why was the sale rumored to go on a month before the calendar date of "summer starts"? The sales started off as late june into july, but more recently have been early July to mid July periods. People getting all ancy when there's still over a month to go.

I guess I should say something on topic of the sale...umm

At least I have a job this time around. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That's weird. Why would the Summer Sale be rumored to start this early? It usually starts in June or July doesn't it?
    You would think June/July fit it better, but who knows. I just know when I was googling May 26th was the "rumored" date on a lot of places.

And yeah, a lot get antsy, but as usual I try to start the thread up a few weeks early in case it comes sooner than expected. Plus it's nice to start speculating what could be on sale and what people are looking for.

I wonder if that Steam stock bonds/card market/whatever the hell the gimick was from last year will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You would think June/July fit it better, but who knows. I just know when I was googling May 26th was the "rumored" date on a lot of places.

And yeah, a lot get antsy, but as usual I try to start the thread up a few weeks early in case it comes sooner than expected. Plus it's nice to start speculating what could be on sale and what people are looking for.
    Yeah, it was something that came from the Steam forums.

During the winter sale I bought Ghostbusters, Don't Starve, Papers Please, The Stick of Truth, Fallout NV, Brothers, and Hitman : Absolution for about $30. I'm hoping for a similar haul for the summer sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I wonder if that Steam stock bonds/card market/whatever the hell the gimick was from last year will come back.
    Are you talking about teams making badges to win free games? If it is, I doubt it. Last year the users just win traded and made the entire "competition" pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bookmarked for future bankruptcy

Nah, I'm sure I won't spend too much, and I have some spare cash in the wallet

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Are you talking about teams making badges to win free games? If it is, I doubt it. Last year the users just win traded and made the entire "competition" pointless.
    Thats it! And yeah, I think reddit got together and organized each team to intentionally lose in a cycle so everyone won evenly.

Thats it! And yeah, I think reddit got together and organized each team to intentionally lose in a cycle so everyone won evenly.
    I decided to just respond to this post, but GOG.com has the entire GoT first season on sale for $18 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I decided to just respond to this post, but GOG.com has the entire GoT first season on sale for $18 right now.
    I was hoping for something around $5, like TWD S2 was last year.

Yes; I know that even if I worked minimum wage I could earn that game is less than an hour and a half of work and I sound picky, but really 1. I'd rather wait for the entire game to be released and get it for a discounted price then and binge play it all the way through, and 2. call me pathetic, but I'd rather buy a GW2 Legendary precursor off the AH or a HotS skin with that over an incomplete game.

I was hoping for something around $5, like TWD S2 was last year.
    That must have been the winter sale? Because the last two episodes of Season 2 came out after the sale had ended.

Is it really so soon? This damn guy lied to me and told me July.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Bookmarked for future bankruptcy

Nah, I'm sure I won't spend too much, and I have some spare cash in the wallet
    Right...."won't spend much". At the end of the summer finds out you had to take out a loan to pay for the games j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Is it really so soon? This damn guy lied to me and told me July.
    I would say July, just there were rumors of earlier. Plus it never hurts to speculate and start telling your wallet it won't hurt :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have money this time, so hopefully a few games will get off my wishlist. Finally.

If I'm remember things correctly last years sale started around June 19-20 something like that. So we probably still have a few weeks to go.

Hoping to get FM15 for a good price this summer.

10+ Year Old Account

Obligatory video.

Have money to spare this time, will be interesting to see if there's anything better than the last sale.

Maybe we will get a small spring sale these days but i don't expect the summer sale to be this soon.... expecially because i'm short of cash right now :S