Coming back to the game

I've tried searching to find an up to date guide or at least some information without too much luck. I played when the game was rebooted and played for a month or two then stopped. I decided to come back and try it again with the upcoming expansion.

However I know the gear has kept progressing along with new features, basically I'm trying to get a quick refresher on what to do for gearing up quickly and some new things that got added I should look to do. I'm not even sure where I pick up the new quests at for doing the new currency tokens nor do I know where to get any pieces of the story quest I left off at.

Any tips or help would be great, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok basically mkst new quests will be at mor dhona the currenc is from dungeons and dailies(some beast tribes some and daily randoms) you also get a bonus for first time runs.. Hell just doing the ones you have will unlock a few.

As for story if you never moved to mor dhona that will mean vesper bay outside horizon

As for unlock guides

https://katella.wordpress.com/2014/0...here-to-start/

She has ones for at least till 2.4 but probably through 2.5 it should help since hers covers more then just dungeons.

Thanks a ton I'll check out the guide and see if I can figure out where I am quest wise, likely it'll be vesper bay.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so yeah I remember some of this, I've been to mor dhona, traded in some of my old currency for new stuff. So the daily stuff will come from there, nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Thanks a ton I'll check out the guide and see if I can figure out where I am quest wise, likely it'll be vesper bay.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so yeah I remember some of this, I've been to mor dhona, traded in some of my old currency for new stuff. So the daily stuff will come from there, nice.
    Np man and if you left befire the second big patch that is it

Yeah I mean I think I played a month or so after the game re-released, hit 50 and was grinding out the philosophy currency for gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean I think I played a month or so after the game re-released, hit 50 and was grinding out the philosophy currency for gear.
    Ooooh ROGHT you should be able to exchange any leftover myth or phylo tomes as well

In mor dhona there's also a weekly quest lady in the main area by the crystal, you probably won't be able to queue for the 3rd lfr section to clear it just yet but it's very worth doing. You get to choose one of 3 items as a reward per week, the tomestone being something that (along with 1,300 poetic tomestomes farmed up) you can straight buy an illvl 120 weapon. The second item, the twine, lets you upgrade any i120 armor/weapon (left side of character sheet) you bought from poetics to 130. The third item, the oil, lets you upgrade any i120 accessory (right side of character sheet) that you bought from poetics.

The highest ilvl in the game right now is 130, so if you can just farm up enough to get a 130 weapon before xpac launch you should be able to tear into any quest mobs pretty easily. The other currency you get is soldiery, which comes in pretty quick and can buy i100 gear. A good bit of farming for a week or two will land you right back in the upper end of gearing up.

Im just trying to figure out what to do for gear right now, my ilevel is pretty terrible, I have a smattering of 60s and a couple 70s but not nearly enough to queue for some of the new stuff. Heh I'm still trying to get the hang of my scholar again. I really hated that my settings for my spells are gone, I don't know what I had where and it is taking some getting used to since I enjoy Cleric Stance nuking while healing isn't intensive.

I have a small amout of soldiery and I see that I can queue for a few things that award some so I'll start small trying to get any upgrades I can so I can do harder stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just trying to figure out what to do for gear right now, my ilevel is pretty terrible, I have a smattering of 60s and a couple 70s but not nearly enough to queue for some of the new stuff. Heh I'm still trying to get the hang of my scholar again. I really hated that my settings for my spells are gone, I don't know what I had where and it is taking some getting used to since I enjoy Cleric Stance nuking while healing isn't intensive.

I have a small amout of soldiery and I see that I can queue for a few things that award some so I'll start small trying to get any upgrades I can so I can do harder stuff.
    Yeah the dungeons alsk award poetics and depending on how much gil you have you can buy some gear.places like CT and ST drop 100 soldiery as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are a bunch of "Progression Guides" out there.

guidescroll.com/2014/11/ffxiv-new-level-50-players-progression-guide/

A decent gear guide
    ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Level_50_Gear_Guide

I use this for gearing ffxiv.ariyala.com/

I'm brand new to the site so not allowed to post actual links

I've been wanting to get back in to FFXIV for awhile now but for some reason cant pull myself to subscribe. I'm honestly enjoying my first true "break" from mmo's but once I finish up with it, FFXIV will be my home and I'm excited for the expansion and the new classes. Some great suggestions and guides here. Last time they had the free week which was a month or two ago, I hopped in and was completely lost on my level 50 as to what to do, where to go, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    There are a bunch of "Progression Guides" out there.

guidescroll.com/2014/11/ffxiv-new-level-50-players-progression-guide/

A decent gear guide
    ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Level_50_Gear_Guide

I use this for gearing ffxiv.ariyala.com/

I'm brand new to the site so not allowed to post actual links
    Thanks Yelta a lot of great information for me to go through!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I've been wanting to get back in to FFXIV for awhile now but for some reason cant pull myself to subscribe. I'm honestly enjoying my first true "break" from mmo's but once I finish up with it, FFXIV will be my home and I'm excited for the expansion and the new classes. Some great suggestions and guides here. Last time they had the free week which was a month or two ago, I hopped in and was completely lost on my level 50 as to what to do, where to go, etc.
    Yeah my goal is to get familiar with my class again, pick up the few subclass abilities I need unlocked and just get ready for the expansion. I don't see myself doing a ton of gear farming because most expansions in games make the gear useless pretty quickly with a level cap increase.

Thanks Yelta a lot of great information for me to go through!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah my goal is to get familiar with my class again, pick up the few subclass abilities I need unlocked and just get ready for the expansion. I don't see myself doing a ton of gear farming because most expansions in games make the gear useless pretty quickly with a level cap increase.
    Yoshi-P assured everyone that you will not be instantly exchanging your hard earned gear from before the expansion with the ones that drop as you walk into the new zone. He said that the gear we have now will last for a few levels in Ishgard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Book View Post
    Yoshi-P assured everyone that you will not be instantly exchanging your hard earned gear from before the expansion with the ones that drop as you walk into the new zone. He said that the gear we have now will last for a few levels in Ishgard
    About 65 I think he said..Which honestly I would rather replace lol

Oh I meant about doing the work the few weeks before the expansion and getting to ilvl 90 or above...of course replacing the ilvl 65 with something from there is a no brainer lol