Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    That makes no sense, there shouldn't be any incompatibilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, just spoke with him again and he said something about two small capacitors blocking it from being mounted. I asked him about the RAM slots issue mentioned in that video and he said that's not the issue at all =/

When I go to pick it up I'll have him open it up and show me.

Deleted
    Yeah probably the top left capacitors its too close, it seems like it, its the same on Extreme 4 too. The Z97 pro 4 seem different. I would check myself too, so do that.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-06-05 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yeah probably the top left capacitors its too close, it seems like it, its the same on Extreme 4 too. The Z97 pro 4 seem different. I would check myself too, so do that.
    Yep, that's exactly right. He showed me how it's supposed to mount and I could see that it wouldn't work with the kit that came with it.

He said it'd be fine with the OEM, but the pure rock was so cheap, I want to have it if it's going to be better =/

Deleted
    How about the Bequiet Slim?

Deleted
    Still don't get how different the CM hyper evo is any different tho. They are similar and ihave seen the evo a few times on Extreme 3/4.

@Notarget, the heatsink aint the problem, its the legs that go into the mobo that is causing the problem aparently, thats what i gathered at least.

Did the guy on the shop installed the spacers?

Deleted
    Oh I see, hmm I don't know then.

Spacers? I'm not sure. He just installed the OEM fan and gave me back the pure rock in its box so I could return it. Would spacers get around this issue with the capacitors?

On a different note, I've gotten the PC up and running. After loading into WoW at 1 fps, I realized I'd need to install drivers for the GPU - it now seems to be running fine. Even on ultra, it's strangely not as crisp as it was on my imac - maybe because I've got less pixels than I did. Things like view distance are vastly improved, though.

Will any of my other hardware need drivers? Windows automatically detected a couple chipset updates, but nothing else. Just wondering if I'm letting anything else go to waste by not having the updated drivers.

There should be a cd with drivers for your motherboard you should install pr check the manufacturers website for the latest version. You can Always check your device manager to see if some parts are missing drivers (they should show a yellow exclamation mark then)

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    There should be a cd with drivers for your motherboard you should install pr check the manufacturers website for the latest version. You can Always check your device manager to see if some parts are missing drivers (they should show a yellow exclamation mark then)
    Thank you! I checked the device manager yesterday and it hadn't noticed that I was missing gpu drivers or those mobo drivers, but I will go find that disc now

Deleted
    You can also use this handy little free app to update a lot of your drivers:

https://code.google.com/p/snappy-driver-installer/

For the GPU get the latest from their website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karspearhollow View Post
    Spacers? I'm not sure. He just installed the OEM fan and gave me back the pure rock in its box so I could return it. Would spacers get around this issue with the capacitors?
    The cpu cooler comes with some stand off similar to the one that go before you install the mobo. That "lifts" the anchors that you screw the cooler over the capacitors. Or at least is should lift them enough above them. I had a look around a bit and i don't see why he couldn't get it on, sure it can be a tight fit but still...Can't you try yourself or a friend that has instaled an aftermarket cpu cooler before?