Any Truckers? o.O

I'm probably going to get into the field soon, just curious how many of you still play while on the road?

Deleted
    A trucker that plays video games?! Isn't that like a jock playing with dolls?!

Deleted
    I play whilst I drive to work

Being a trucker is a job I could never do. I can not back a trailer and hate long drives.

I deal with a good many who make deliveries. Most of your stops have connection by wifi if your at a proper truck stop. If your in my parking lot waiting for 8am dropoff then maybe you can pickup arbys wifi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We run a business that employs truckers. It really depends on what kinda business you get into. Some of it has really strict schedules with strict deadlines. This means really little wiggle room for time off, but it also means a pretty consistent schedule.

Trucking is a pretty vast industry. You could be the the type that does a 6-8 hour trip 4-5 days a week within the same state/province, or you could be the type the frequently has odd jobs where you're gone for several days at a time driving 10-12 hours a day.

My dad is a self-employed trucker, he mainly stays within the state of Texas. My mom gets a lot of the stuff he carries while she works at her day job, and somehow manages to run their little trucking business. They do pretty well.

From what I know, he has a Slingbox, and gets internet from whatever carrier they're currently with. Something he plugs into his laptop. I... don't think he could game on it though. My dad doesn't play video games at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Pozitron View Post
    A trucker that plays video games?! Isn't that like a jock playing with dolls?!
    You watch too many movies

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trucker, as in driving? Play with what?
    the license plate game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Whats that?
    You have a checklist, and have to try and see licence plates from all inner 48 states in one trip.

Bonus points for plates from Mexico, Canada and Alaska.

I liked the movie "Convoy" as a kid. I like to think Whistler is the Convoy guy having survived the crash at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I liked the movie "Convoy" as a kid. I like to think Whistler is the Convoy guy having survived the crash at the end.
    Rubbery ducky 10-4

I play Euro Truck Simulator sometimes. It's a pretty relaxing game.