Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Protesting animal cruelty by being cruel to an animal...

While we eat rabbits and I have no problems with that, we don't beat the rabbits we eat to death with a bicycle pump.

This guy seriously... I'm surprised nobody around him pointed this out to him, and smacked him on the head with a phone book.

The act of beating the rabbit to death with a bicycle pump seems unnecessary and sensational. They may have been able to have this "debate" and killed a rabbit humanely on radio. Though I am the reason given for the killing of the animal is sorta vague at best. I am not Danish, I have no idea what the cultural environment is like for the "debate" the hosts intended.

If I was set on sparking a discussion on live radio over the hypocrisy many modern cultures have toward the killing and consumption of one animal over another- a fluffy rabbit would be my choice too. However, I would do in the most technical manner possible and cook the full meal live on air, ending my talking before tucking into the fricassee. This would be more effective demonstration of association and bias and perhaps a more powerful statement.

I suppose the radio station may have been more interested in sensationalism than a strong philosophical position.

Ah well. Plenty of rabbits in the world and just as many fools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    The reason why a child murder looks worse is because children are symbolizing the pureness and kindness of this world, the ones that you slowly losing while becoming an adult.
    Then these people obviously never worked with children. Ever heard the expression "children can be so cruel?". It's very real.

theres some sick fucks in the world thats for sure. i wish some1 would beat him to death with a bicycle pump instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    How can a baby be cruel?
    We are talking about children in general, not just babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminded me that I haven't eaten rabbit for ages, will have to rectify that

Chelly
    Guy sounds like a psychopath, and really really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    theres some sick fucks in the world thats for sure. i wish some1 would beat him to death with a bicycle pump instead.
    I don't think he should have done it, beating something to death isn't the same as putting a spike through its skull like we do to thousands of animals daily.

On the other hand, meeting his cruelty with more cruelty for some sentiment of revenge isn't helpful either.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't think he should have done it, beating something to death isn't the same as putting a spike through its skull like we do to thousands of animals daily.

On the other hand, meeting his cruelty with more cruelty for some sentiment of revenge isn't helpful either.
    the fact that he enjoys torturing small animals is evidence that the man is mentally unbalanced. i dont mind people killing animals for food, but do it humanely. no need to beat the crap outta one purely for fun or shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest someone should protest against human cruelty by killing this guy with a pump.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest someone should protest against human cruelty by killing this guy with a pump.
    But the hypocrasy!!

Do you value a cockroaches life as high as your families?
    Holy fuck. I only meant it is possible to respect the lives of animals AND kids. It isn't mutually exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Pozitron View Post
    Then these people obviously never worked with children. Ever heard the expression "children can be so cruel?". It's very real.
    Case in point the 12 year old girls who tried to sacrifice their friend to Slenderman a while back and stabbed her like 19 times or something. Anyone is capable of anything even children.

Why, do you know of some industry that kills humans on a regular basis for food that nobody cares about?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

How can a baby be cruel?
    Who was talking about babies? You are determined to derail this thread.

What a idiot, hope they beat him with a bicyclepump. I would watch that live.

I'm going with "it's a stunt to get more people to listen to the show".

Are we certain the rabbit is dead?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I got an idea....... it involves a cardboard box too....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Why, do you know of some industry that kills humans on a regular basis for food that nobody cares about?
    Capitalism Co.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the mentality that PETA adopts?