Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    So just to get the Bias out of the way here, he did not beat the rabbit to death, He knocked it out with the pump and then twisted its neck. This way of killing the rabbit, was surgested by a zookeeper who kills rabbits every day. 2nd, the rabbit was to be eaten by the two radio hosts as their evening meal, so instead of going to the story to get a skinned rabbit, they just bought a live 1 and killed it themselfs.

I dont really see anything wrong in this, other then maybe the media stunt thing.... But tbh, they did start a debate.

Edit: now that i have read through many of these posts, i can see that the majority did not read more into this.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2015-05-27 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "What's in the box?"
    A danish "cookie"
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ed-live-on-air

And he did it to "prove our hypocricy about animal cruelty". Seriously, what the fuck?
    Absolutely fucking disgusting. So incredibly idiotic. So incredibly pointless.

There's no hypocricy in reacting with anger and disgust at such behavior. Peoples reactions to animal cruelty are strong, because a normal person finds it appauling and sickening to hear that someone could be cruel to defenseless, innocent animals, because such cruelty is completely pointless and motivated by nothing else than malice and mentally ill individuals.
    There's no hypocricy in being a sane person.

I can't even remotely comprehend how anyone on that radiostation thought it'd be a good idea. I'm lost for words.
    Atleast he could've used a proper fucking tool for the job or just cut its throat. But no, he had to BEAT it to death with a damned bicycle tyre pump.
    He ate it, I have no problem with it

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Young children/babies don't.
    I've always considered it child abuse to force a young child into a religion, sports affiliation, or the Jedi academy.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Rabbit is delicious.
    Indeed it is..... Wild Rabbit particularly.
    Yet, the way you butcher a rabbit goes pretty painless for the animal. I've seen it a few times. It's one single strike to the neck. Similar actually to how you butcher a fish.

Deleted
    i don't see the point in getting mad

they had an expert with them
    the rabbit got killed with a single blow
    the rabbit was skinned and eaten

how is this different than killing any other animal?

also like how they use the word beat to death just to make it sound more brutal when this one and most rabbits are killed by a single blow to the neck
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-27 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    i don't see the point in getting mad

they had an expert with them
    the rabbit got killed with a single blow
    the rabbit was skinned and eaten

how is this different than killing any other animal?

it's not. as usual, people are just fucking hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    it's not. as usual, people are just fucking hypocrites.
    Exactly, unless someone is a vegan they shouldn't complain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Edit: now that i have read through many of these posts, i can see that the majority did not read more into this.
    it's because people read an article like the one above, that leaves out all the information that makes it more "ok" to make it hugely one-sided
    i bet whoever wrote that article is very much against animal cruelty or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Guy sounds like a psychopath, and really really stupid.
    Wonder if he thought about his family, friends and co workers when doing this.

I can understand people not caring about them selves, but this will bring shame/problems on more than just him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    Exactly, unless someone is a vegan they shouldn't complain
    Yet if they were a vegan, they are proberly used to people around them being more cruel to animals then they like.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does not beat the danish man in Copenhagen who after a night of heavy drinking jumped into the canal and strangled a swan.
    It was NOT looked upon lightly in any instance including the court since the swans are the national bird of Denmark.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It does not beat the danish man in Copenhagen who after a night of heavy drinking jumped into the canal and strangled a swan.
    It was NOT looked upon lightly in any instance including the court since the swans are the national bird of Denmark.
    Did he think it was Leda or Zeus?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Did he think it was Leda or Zeus?
    Perhaps he was Peter Ian Staker and quite fed up with the swan escaping.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

As a Dane, I can say I care a lot about what random, over-emotional, over-aggressive people on an internet forum have to say about a radio station here. Please, boycott a radio station you already weren't listening to and never will, because it's a Danish station.

"Oh no, a rabbit was killed! That's awful! I'll beat that fucker up! Now, let me return to eating meat from animals that I have no idea as to how were treated in life, and as they were killed."

Hypocrisy, thy name is literally every fake, overactive, overemotional person here.

Deleted
    It's just one rabbit; I eat so much chicken in one time in KFC.

Probably kinder than the deaths many rabbits face too.

Don't get it. Probably wouldn't wanna hear it on radio though, but still, calling for him to go to jail and be killed is just nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Perhaps he was Peter Ian Staker and quite fed up with the swan escaping.
    I like a more epic poetic solution better though. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not sure how a swan is better than a rabbit and violence against a swan should be punished harder than that against a rabbit. Oh wait, some subjective human nonsense about the bird being a national symbol or some crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    So just to get the Bias out of the way here, he did not beat the rabbit to death, He knocked it out with the pump and then twisted its neck. This way of killing the rabbit, was surgested by a zookeeper who kills rabbits every day. 2nd, the rabbit was to be eaten by the two radio hosts as their evening meal, so instead of going to the story to get a skinned rabbit, they just bought a live 1 and killed it themselfs.

I dont really see anything wrong in this, other then maybe the media stunt thing.... But tbh, they did start a debate.

Yeah no. The most commonly used method of humanely killing a rabbit is snapping its neck not beating it before doing so. You are right there is bias here but on your part. The use of the bicycle pump was done for sensationalism pure and simple and absolutely not suggested by a "zoo keeper".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Pozitron View Post
    Not sure how a swan is better than a rabbit and violence against a swan should be punished harder than that against a rabbit. Oh wait, some subjective human nonsense about the bird being a national symbol or some crap like that.
    Go ahead and kill a Bald Eagle for shit and giggles in the US. See what happens then..