Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Baltimore murders hit a 35 year high, what is causing this?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/26/us...999/index.html

Baltimore is seeing its deadliest month in 15 years after an outbreak of Memorial Day weekend violence left nine people dead in 29 shootings.

So far, Baltimore has tallied 35 homicides this month, police said.

The last time Baltimore saw that many homicides was December 1999, police said.

The only month to surpass 35 homicides was the prior month, November 1999, when 36 homicides were recorded, according to police statistics since 1999. That year was also Baltimore's deadliest in the past 16 with 305 homicides, police figures show.
    What is the cause of the violence? I don't understand!

Hey, you accidentally posted this on mmo forum instead of facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/26/us...999/index.html

What is the cause of the violence? I don't understand!
    I don't know, I thought #blacklivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by LegitOne View Post
    Hey, you accidentally posted this on mmo forum instead of facebook.
    I don't have facebook

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And people wonder why Police have adopted more aggressive behaviour. Because they have to deal with increasing amounts of scum.

I think guns are to blame. You need to select the second amendment and press Delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    When they are being taken by other #blacklives, apparently they simply do not.

This isn't new.

Baltimore has had 200+ murders yearly for as long as I can remember, easily every year since 1999.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    And people wonder why Police have adopted more aggressive behaviour. Because they have to deal with increasing amounts of scum.
    too obvious bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I think guns are to blame. You need to select the second amendment and press Delete.
    I agree, no guns no violence we should make them illegal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    This isn't new.

Baltimore has had 200+ murders yearly for as long as I can remember, easily every year since 1999.
    Why are they so violent? What can be done to stop it?

Magic b8ball says racism....gonna shake and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shh only if cops are shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Careful, some SJW type might think the word scum is code for the "n-word", and be emotionally paralyzed the rest of the day.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Careful, some SJW type might think the word scum is code for the "n-word", and be emotionally paralyzed the rest of the day.
    Scum as in criminals, if anyone assumes I was referring only to Black people, they are the ones that would be racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    too obvious bait.
    No bait at all.

Don't ya know, #blacklivesmatter only matters if a white person or a cop kills a black person. But really, its mostly low income areas where this shit happens at. The problem isn't the system is against people there, its the fact they get that idea and don't try to work for a better life. If you don't think someone can go from rags to riches now a days, look up the kid who was homeless and had his mom die that got valedictorian at his school and got several full ride scholarships to colleges.

Hmmm. Now it's saying Cis-gender white males .

One more time. ... White privelage? This thing sucks!!!!

My guess is the media is just hyping up shit again. It's been a bad month yeah but look at what happened recently. Plus I'm sure other places have it worse. Just media hype.

Anyone want a B8ball?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Poverty, in general.

2. Sane urban planning, appropriate social support mechanisms to deal with poverty, functional schools and prospects for post-secondary education, appropriate use-of-force policies and use of community policing schemes to avoid community vs. police situations, etc.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

You can be successful economically, this isn't a path open to most in these neighborhoods do to racism. You can be successful in sports or the arts, but very very few can be athletes or singers.

Unlike a lot of countries the US has another way to be successful. Violence.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. Poverty, in general.

2. Sane urban planning, appropriate social support mechanisms to deal with poverty, functional schools and prospects for post-secondary education, appropriate use-of-force policies and use of community policing schemes to avoid community vs. police situations, etc.
    I am assuming you are being sarcastic with this poverty narrative bullshit.

There is poverty all over America in dense white areas, you don't see any where near the violence.

I agree, no guns no violence we should make them illegal
    Hard to tell if sarcasm but here's my snarky remark anyway:

Because murder or violent crime never happened before guns were available.... right?

OT: Hard to know if this is a real up surge or if the media is just sensationalizing things in Baltimore more now than they used to.