Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You can be successful economically, this isn't a path open to most in these neighborhoods do to racism. You can be successful in sports or the arts, but very very few can be athletes or singers.

Unlike a lot of countries the US has another way to be successful. Violence.
    some one has to take it to the guy who jacked you over when there is no means of legal recourse. As it turns out there are plenty of vacant spots in that line of work. War on Drugs working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    Why are they so violent? What can be done to stop it?
    It's a poverty stricken area that has a corrupt government. I have no idea how you fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

clearly global warming is causing poverty in the areas where this is happening.

Really though, people are selfish and violent. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's a poverty stricken area that has a corrupt government. I have no idea how you fix it.
    With a black Mayor, all black City Council, black Attorney and black Police Chief, all Democrats. Not sure why it isn't a flourishing utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    With a black Mayor, all black City Council, black Attorney and black Police Chief, all Democrats. Not sure why it isn't a flourishing utopia.
    white flight, its the white peoples fault for leaving... /sigh

We already had a thread about this. Certain parties derailed the hell out of it. I shall begin my timer for how long it takes them to take this one out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. Poverty, in general.

2. Sane urban planning, appropriate social support mechanisms to deal with poverty, functional schools and prospects for post-secondary education, appropriate use-of-force policies and use of community policing schemes to avoid community vs. police situations, etc.
    I would also like to add people in poverty having too many kids as another cause and therefore good family planning and proper sex education would go a long way. Oh, and free condoms for all inner city kids.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    And people wonder why Police have adopted more aggressive behaviour. Because they have to deal with increasing amounts of scum.
    If this is true, then why is crime down?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Look at East St Louis... after white flight the area completely went downhill, and every person elected after was corrupt.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/26/us...999/index.html

What is the cause of the violence? I don't understand!
    I'll just post this once again. Wonder if anyone will take a minute to read something or if that would interfere with them justifying their prejudices.

http://drc.centerfornewsliteracy.org/node/17061

Unrest in Baltimore: A Lesson in Context

"On Fox, news anchor Shepard Smith found himself alone as he challenged colleagues' on-air conclusions that the protesters' families and civil rights leaders were to blame for the unrest. “We’ve got a major American city that has decades of turmoil within this neighborhood,” Smith said, "It’s what happened between all of that and today that has led to this. There is no escaping that reality."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    I would also like to add people in poverty having too many kids as another cause and therefore good family planning and proper sex education would go a long way. Oh, and free condoms for all inner city kids.
    That sort of education and culture building takes money. People who care don't have the money, people who have the money don't care.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Does someone have a good link to the poorest cities and their crime rates?

Does someone have a good link to the poorest cities and their crime rates?
    http://financesonline.com/how-income...s-crime-rates/
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Look at East St Louis... after white flight the area completely went downhill, and every person elected after was corrupt.
    I wouldn't stay in an area I found unsafe for my family either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I was hoping for a spreadsheet or list

I am poor, I don't commit crimes, what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I wouldn't stay in an area I found unsafe for my family either.
    ESL wasn't unsafe when a few black people moved in... it became unsafe when whites didn't want to be in a mixed neighborhood and moved further away, taking the businesses they owned and jobs away from the area. It wasn't dangerous until after the flight, which didn't happen because suddenly esl was unsafe.

You will find the majority of those in the homicide are going to be... well.. black. Is it being racist? No, just that typically in certain city neighbourhoods in america there is a lot of black-on-black violence. There aren't as many other ethnicitys in said areas.

But still it sucks that it is so violent & as a brit I'd say get rid of guns, but there are a LOT in circulation there so the problem wouldn't fix itself for a good 20 years. Even then it'll just move to knives & other weapons. Just that guns make it 'too' easy. Knives are more personal.

-Grim

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    And people wonder why Police have adopted more aggressive behaviour. Because they have to deal with increasing amounts of scum.

ESL wasn't unsafe when a few black people moved in... it became unsafe when whites didn't want to be in a mixed neighborhood and moved further away, taking the businesses they owned and jobs away from the area. It wasn't dangerous until after the flight, which didn't happen because suddenly esl was unsafe.
    So it's the whitemans fault? you're racist

I am poor, I don't commit crimes, what am I doing wrong?
    Most likely a higher level of civility and a triple digit IQ

So it's the whitemans fault? you're racist
    it's always the white man's fault. Ever since Adam

Deleted
    Its sounds like you are blaming white people for the remaining black (non white mix ect) population causing high crime.