Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just tweeted at them, god knows if that's worth anything, but I'd really rather they add the helmet for orcs than no one at all.

I don't have an orc, but if the helmet works on them then why not add it? Trolls had those invisible transmog boots and the frostwolf are an orc clan, having a race specific helmet isn't a problem.

Surely it's better that orcs get a unique hat than an iconic orc clan transmog set missing a helmet that they could have, just because they can't justify making the helm work for everyone else.
    I'd rather orcs got something than everyone get nothing, especially when it's blatantly orc themed.
    Those boots weren't restricted to trolls, and they'd probably get too many people complaining to make it worth adding as an orc-specific item.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just tweeted at them, god knows if that's worth anything, but I'd really rather they add the helmet for orcs than no one at all.

I don't have an orc, but if the helmet works on them then why not add it? Trolls had those invisible transmog boots and the frostwolf are an orc clan, having a race specific helmet isn't a problem.

Surely it's better that orcs get a unique hat than an iconic orc clan transmog set missing a helmet that they could have, just because they can't justify making the helm work for everyone else.
    I'd rather orcs got something than everyone get nothing, especially when it's blatantly orc themed.
    I find it so overly absurd, that they designed all the other clan transmog helmets (even the Laughing Skull helms) to work on other races than orcs, but then - for no reason - decided only to design the Frostwolf helm to work on orcs, despite the original plan for the Frostwolf set was a "special" one....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    So they take away the most iconic piece of the set?

Deleted
    Wow... that is indeed some lame excuse. We waited so long for this set and then they left out the best part? Who was responsible to gave this decision a go??? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I find it so overly absurd, that they designed all the other clan transmog helmets (even the Laughing Skull helms) to work on other races than orcs, but then - for no reason - decided only to design the Frostwolf helm to work on orcs, despite the original plan for the Frostwolf set was a "special" one....
    The clan sets were originally intended only for Orc NPCs, they only came up with the idea of giving them to players later on. When they picked the 4 they wanted to put through the War Mill/Bunker they then had to go and re-fit all the helms for the other races. They didn't bother re-fitting the Frostwolf head because it wasn't going to be obtainable.

Now that players have convinced them to add the Frostwolf set, they would need to re-fit it for 26 races+genders. Something they apparently don't have time for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The clan sets were originally intended only for Orc NPCs, they only came up with the idea of giving them to players later on.
    When they picked the 4 they wanted to put through the War Mill/Bunker they then had to go and re-fit all the helms for the other races. They didn't bother re-fitting the Frostwolf head because it wasn't going to be obtainable.
    Problem is, there was a tweet that pretty much said, when WoD was still in Beta i might add, that they're going to add the Frostwolf armor.

Then there was this tweet a few weeks ago that they don't have plans to add the Set, now it was added.

Just seems like a communication issue on Blizzards side, but still pretty dumb to design a helmet that only fits on Orcs if you had the plan to make it obtainable for players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Those boots weren't restricted to trolls, and they'd probably get too many people complaining to make it worth adding as an orc-specific item.
    Oh, my mistake.

Still - I'd rather orcs got a hat than no one get a hat, shaman had a unique set from SOO, race specific sets aren't THAT far from it and would be a nice thing to see going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Problem is, there was a tweet that pretty much said, when WoD was still in Beta i might add, that they're going to add the Frostwolf armor.

Then there was this tweet a few weeks ago that they don't have plans to add the Set, now it was added.

Just seems like a communication issue on Blizzards side, but still pretty dumb to design a helmet that only fits on Orcs if you had the plan to make it obtainable for players.
    I think it's more a case of them initially wanting to add it but not being able to find a good place for it, then later being convinced by players to squeeze it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It would be better as Cosmetic but like, wolves are made of leather and not mail and this set is made out of wolves.
    Yeah, I understand the reason behind it, but they should also consider what players wants. This should be cosmetic, I'd rock this on a warrior or shaman in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty disappointed that it's not a cosmetic set. I wanted to use it on my shaman.

I only play a paladin but the very least this really should have been mail. Were they just worried to be favoring Shaman since Shaman got an exclusive cosmetic set in SoO and no other class did?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It would be better as Cosmetic but like, wolves are made of leather and not mail and this set is made out of wolves.
    Yeah, but to be fair, I can skin a wolf in-game, make Burnished Leather, and then make Mail gear.

I keep hoping for some sort of word from Blizzard about this, or some new patch notes in new builds, but nothing so far. D: Still hoping it'll be cosmetic though! Or that they'll make a second version for mail (and maybe plate) users.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy.
    But without the hero,
    there is no Event."
    -Zurin Arctus | the Underking

My hunter is SO sad that she can't wear this :/

Frostwolves are hunters/shaman (and warriors)!

They finally replied to a tweet about it: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...18306686410752 And apparently they think a toy with 30 min duration and a 2 hour cooldown is the same as a transmog set. :/ So disappointed.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy.
    But without the hero,
    there is no Event."
    -Zurin Arctus | the Underking

Let's be objective, the set needs the helm! And why? Because the Alliance counterpart as the helm! Also i understand it looks like a leather set but most of the frostwolf clan are shamans, hunters and warriors! So i think it would have to be a available to all.
    Also the helm is the one that the npc's use not the one that Durotan uses so it's no problem to give it to players, because the set without the helm just feels incomplete IMO!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Let's be objective, the set needs the helm! And why? Because the Alliance counterpart as the helm! Also i understand it looks like a leather set but most of the frostwolf clan are shamans, hunters and warriors! So i think it would have to be a available to all.
    Also the helm is the one that the npc's use not the one that Durotan uses so it's no problem to give it to players, because the set without the helm just feels incomplete IMO!
    Hopefully they'll change it eventually, I mean EVERYONE thinks that the current helmless, leather solution is a freaking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hopefully they'll change it eventually, I mean EVERYONE thinks that the current helmless, leather solution is a freaking joke.
    I think the same! Because it's just stupid! Since all the FW use the tier and we are grouping with them saving their draenor so we should be abble to use it also. And just put the damm helm please.
    I have a Orc Hunter with the title of the Frostwolves so i think that tier would fit like a glove. Also there are many Shamans that want to use it also.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I think the same! Because it's just stupid! Since all the FW use the tier and we are grouping with them saving their draenor so we should be abble to use it also. And just put the damm helm please.
    I have a Orc Hunter with the title of the Frostwolves so i think that tier would fit like a glove. Also there are many Shamans that want to use it also.
    Funny part is, that the only Frostwolves that DOESN'T wear this set, are the 3-4 Frostwolf rogues and spy npcs you meet,- you know, the guys that ACTUALLY wear leather armor.

I kinda dont want to stop talking about this topic. Shamans wanting to Drek thar transmog or Hunters wanting to have a frost wolf pet and live that transmog should totally have access to this item.