Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wait a minute! Is the OP just mimicking something similar to this?
    Gotta admit thanks for that has now destroyed all hope i had the OP was going to be serious and explain more about their study. Guess i can stop coming back to this thread now.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    I have my own religion. I remember some dreams - 3-7 times, depends on the week. But mostly I experience the bad ones, sleep paralysis etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    The part of the brain that is required for indoctrination and the inability to critically think?
    Guess I missed the part where being able to critically think means you believe nothing comes from nothing and becomes everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Guess I missed the part where being able to critically think means you believe nothing comes from nothing and becomes everything.
    And how would a being as complex as god come into existence from nothing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agnostic. Once a month? Every week or so I wake up and remember something, but it is gone so quickly that I can't remember anything. I will get a dream I remember to some extent about once a month, but those are usually forgotten by the next day.

Athiest

I have several dreams a night that I typically remember.

Also, this is hilariously dubious at best.
    Last edited by ManjiSanji; 2015-05-28 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Atheist... Go through stages of not remembering my dreams for months-year and then remembering dreams like 3 weeks in a row... But I think that has more to do with weed than having a more developed brain than non-atheists (kidding of course) but Damn I have weird ones, in one of them I battled Godzilla with a pool stick, and in the most recent one Kaspar schmeicel died and I became Peter schmeicels new son....

Atheist: never remember dreams (once a year maybe)

my Gf also atheist: remembers multiple dreams per night every single night

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how I sleep, how tired I am and how I wake up. Its periodic, sometimes I don't remember dreams for months, then suddenly I remember dreams very well for several days in a row.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    This is a small study to confirm some of my theories about atheism. The results will show themselves.
    They'd show themselves easier if there was a poll up.

Atheist. I dream every night and remember most of the dreams I have. Sometimes I have several in one night.

Deleted
    The longer you sleep the more likely you'll dream. I thought that was common knowledge.

Greetings & Hail satan friends.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way. Theists are way more likely to believe things they hear which have no evidence at all.
    Makes sense OP would make up/believe a statement that atheist don't dream. I'll never understand believers. Stop wasting your whole life for a huge Lie that you were tought by your parents/other adults while you were a kid.

Think for yourself. Believe in things you see, not in things you're being told. Question everything!! Don't just suck it
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2015-05-28 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    So Atheists and theists have different types of brains?

Now there's a workable hypothesis.
    I like this guy. Im pretty sure thst prefontal cortex dooda is less effective with religious sheeople, because of their lack of free thought and reasoning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    by the way. Theists are way more likely to believe things they hear which have no evidence at all.
    Makes sense OP would make up/believe a statement that atheist don't dream.
    You may believe the opposite actually. Like... since "believers" already filled their need for "belief" in something else, they don't need to dream about things that aren't real, they already do this full time when they're awake. While "non-believers" need dreams to regulate this need for supernatural.

Or something like that
    Oh, hi.

this investigation is extremely flawed:

first off, you're asking a voluntary response question, not, "I am going to ask you a few questions, do you agree to respond?" In the end more will answer this with a bias

second, you're asking an niche community of gamers who more than likely don't get enough sleep as is

third, you're making it even more niche by excluding religious people with the topic of your thread

finally, you're asking people pure memory question, which shows nothing about being atheist and dreams

Your "findings" will never prove anything and will mean nothing except to you because you're going to see your own answer to your hypothesis because you're looking for a specific answer.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

10+ Year Old Account
    No it has to do with a part of the brain and if I am right atheists do not have "that part of the brain" as strong as theists
    So you use an internet survey instead of physically examining a brain? Not real scientific there........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Guess not knowing means magic man did it is the true sign of a wicked free thinker.

God and theism is clearly a human construct, made to hide the truth thats too scary for people; we dont know.

Not knowing is annoying but harmless, the 'white lie' of religion however has held back the evolution of science and society pretty much since its inception, oh and ofcourse killed a great many many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Well this theory suddenly looks shaky.
    The fact that anyone believed even for a second that this theory had any ground to stand on is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So you use an internet survey instead of physically examining a brain? Not real scientific there........
    He believes in God...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a small study to confirm some of my theories about atheism. The results will show themselves.
    Athiest, I dream vividly every night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Guess not knowing means magic man did it is the true sign of a wicked free thinker.

God and theism is clearly a human construct, made to hide the truth thats too scary for people; we dont know.

Not knowing is annoying but harmless, the 'white lie' of religion however has held back the evolution of science and society pretty much since its inception, oh and ofcourse killed a great many many people.
    Religion wasn't created to create a "white lie". It was created to win wars. Suddenly 1 million (or today: 1 billion) people have something in common which makes it seem you're being attacked, if any of that group is attacked. See what's happening in islam these days. People fucking riot over something that happened on the other side of the world, just because someone insulted their religion. Same goes for christianity and other big religions btw. The more people are religious in the population the more extreme and dangerous religion becomes. (see bible belt in US)

Religion is a tool of war. It's really that simple.