Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oh yeah, CLEARLY this game needs MORE mindless GRIND (level weapons ROFL, I did the achi at the time and it was afk hitting a godmode mob in Blasted lands) and MORE TIMESINKS.
    You should work for Blizzard. Your mindset would fit right in with the new WoD crew.
    But people complain they dont have timesinks like dailys (with rep) or even using gathering outside of the garrison.

The problem is that they took that to an extreme edge of putting everything in one spot and only leaving for raiding, how hard is that to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    72 hours? Are you sure you've been playing since Vanilla? The average /played time 1-60 was 20 days. Hell, the speed record prior to heirlooms and the RAF bonus was 5 days /played.

I don't want to go back to that. The current leveling is an order of magnitude too fast, true, but it's one order of magnitude too quick...not two orders.
    The real issue is that they made levelling obsolete. If there was anything worthwhile to it, like if it would teach you the game or give you anything at all that carried over to max level, it would still be worthwhile and the actual time to level wouldn't matter as much. But Blizzard removed any challenge or reward from it while continually expanding the number of levels, so it doesn't serve a purpose anymore. Any lore from it could be max level content just as easily.

They are well aware of this themselves, but their "solution" to this issue was not to fix the levelling procedure or to remove it - it was to sell level 90 boosts to bypass it.

WoW doesn't have a lot going for it without being somewhat esoteric and relying on a long but rewarding grind. A balanced, highly-structured, seasonal WoW is not really a game that I have a reason to play above others, because the underlying gameplay isn't anything to write home about.

For that reason, I think that WoW had more going for it when it was janky and broken. Combined with the fact that 2006 didn't have the same kind of multiplayer offerings, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    But people complain they dont have timesinks like dailys (with rep) or even using gathering outside of the garrison.

The problem is that they took that to an extreme edge of putting everything in one spot and only leaving for raiding, how hard is that to understand?
    But we want ENGAGING and ENTERTAINING CONTENT, not GRIND to drag things out and bore us to tears.
    How hard is that to understand?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I advice you to try any Classic free realm, start to level a character there and then see how long will you play until you realize you simply no longer enjoy playing the game.

It is actually a good method to open your eyes about how you trully feel about the game, as a whole. I tried it, leveled only up level 8 and then quit. The trick with nostalgia is you can never recreate it, at first you think it is cool and notice how things have changed and then sooner or later it will start to bother you more and more. After this experience I realize I simply no longer find the game to be fun and that it is time to move on.

Times have changed. What worked 10 years ago might not work today.

Deleted
    But we want ENGAGING and ENTERTAINING CONTENT, not GRIND to drag things out and bore us to tears.
    How hard is that to understand?!
    Sort of like Garrison campaign missions?

That's the best that we had that got the best of both worlds in that case.

ENGAGING and ENTERTAINING CONTENT comes with a cost and you know what it is... Plus those two things you said are the main reasons for main content like high end raiding, and you know how blizzard feels on main content.

I think Garrison Campaigns were a good step in that direction.

Deleted
    72 hours? Are you sure you've been playing since Vanilla? The average /played time 1-60 was 20 days. Hell, the speed record prior to heirlooms and the RAF bonus was 5 days /played.

I don't want to go back to that. The current leveling is an order of magnitude too fast, true, but it's one order of magnitude too quick...not two orders.
    I have been playing since 2006. After leveling a few alts I got faster and faster at leveling. Beign able to level 30 within 24hours of playing.
    There were people who did the "boost" in Zul Farak and leveled to 60 within a day.

Deleted
    Did you even play in vanilla? I remember being on my priest i Un'goro - lots of orange and red quests and I ran out mana so fast. Either I drank every few mobs or I had to use my shitty wand to kill them (no increased wand damage 5/5).. Which took a while, I might add. Also running out of arrows on a hunter when you were around lvl 20-25, just because you simply didn't remember to bring more kinda sucked (quiver be small, yo). Don't get me wrong, I had a blast leveling in WoW but it was just as frustrating as it was fun.

The level-range on quests in some areas were idiotic, you could be questing and all the sudden be low to take new quests or just have red ones to do. I think Arathi Highlands were one of those spots, not entirely sure (getting a bit old, memory error). Today it's less frustrating, less "Thottbot'ing" and over all a smoother journey when you level.
    Last edited by mmoc67bb788d61; 2015-05-28 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Sort of like Garrison campaign missions?

That's the best that we had that got the best of both worlds in that case.
    You talking about follower missions or the "delayed" weekly story quests?
    I liked the latter for the most part, still it was a pitiful amount of content to begin with. Most of these didn't take more than 15 minutes to complete.

Yes main content are and always have been raids.

Deleted
    You talking about follower missions or the "delayed" weekly story quests?
    I liked the latter for the most part, still it was a pitiful amount of content to begin with. Most of these didn't take more than 15 minutes to complete.

Yes main content are and always have been raids.
    The sadly and dumb delayed but good weekly story quests.

This could be evolved into something that has an impact in the wow and it's main storyline but as a secondary mission that goes thorough the main story. I loved this idea with the optional "grind" zone clearing.

It was a really good way to keep people going out, but the delayed system didn't help.. (But anyhow, we can just call this the Warlords of Content Gating because everything that is cool is gated)

im one of very few probably who really enjoyed that weapon skill llving/spell buying in vanilla who really like talent tree system and miss it a lot atm

Hell, the speed record prior to heirlooms and the RAF bonus was 5 days /played.
    Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The problem was and still is, the game was nowhere near complete when they released it. 6.1 for example was no patch, it was just stuff, that should have been done in the first place and after cutting so much content, to finish the product, of course it lacks the content.

Blizzard knew this all along, but instead of assign a team to create more content for MoP and give that expansion more time, they were so afraid of the very vocal minority, who hated the Pandas, that they went full throttle into the Orc game and screwed up. Now we have to deal with an unfinished product and Blizzards solution to that problem, which of course is, denying everything, keep calm and hope for the best and tell people soon enough, next time everything will be way better.

As much as people hated Ghostcrawler, at least his games where somehow finished products. And after so much crap about Pandaria at least it was giving us content.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I advice you to try any Classic free realm, start to level a character there and then see how long will you play until you realize you simply no longer enjoy playing the game.
    Still subbed to retail, enjoying my private server a tonne more. Mostly because of the reasons given in the OP. Everything feels more rewarding because it takes more time to earn. I got a +2 Sta +9 Int pair of bracers as a quest reward last night. Was a lot more thrilling than opening my mythic highmaul cache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Most rewarding are the things you find/do/LEARN on your own (or with pals), so sadly in this world with so much info before you even step into the game it's hard to expect anything to still feel fresh, new. It's all down to execution, usually bots spamming rotations/hitting interrupts when needed/telling you where to go at specific times during encounters.. things you couldn't possibly do on your own, without effort of learning. Along with the things OP said you could also call this convenience or quality of a life changes.
    I'm not saying all those changes are bad, but all of them over the years brought us to what we have atm. Zero effort to do basicly anything in the game. All you need to clear mythic raiding is few beers and maybe 8 hours a week of you time. (most likely even less)
    So yea no wonder game doesn't feel rewarding anymore, therefore no wonder it feels empty, which leads us to believe there is nothing to do. Hardly anyone believes, but I tell you guys, there is about as much to do in game if not more than in previous expansions. The only difference is that you are not forced to do it.

I'll stop here as the shitstorm is approaching, but yea it's pretty much our fault that the epic feeling from the game is removed, because we wanted convenience over effort.

Thing is leveling isn't quick unless you want it to be. When WoD came out and the server's weren't crashing I took my time to read all the quests, explore everything around me as I leveled and guess what. Playing a average of 6 hours a day it took me at least a week to level. But no, everybody pretty much skips over reading the quests, exploring everything around said quest area, instead they just follow where the arrow points in questhelper, clicks the stuff w/o wondering why they are killing that mob, gathering those items, turns them in and jumps to next stage as fast as possible and then complains about nothing in game and no content. yes there isn't much at all at max level but there is stuff to do. there was plenty to do while leveling through WoD. The garrison campaign, if you actually read all the quests, think about what they were asking you to do, most of the stages make sense and it forms a decent story, not great, but a lot better than I hear people complaining about it, saying it sucked.

Deleted
    Old content leveling is nerfed because it would pile up to an unimaginably long grind nowadays if nothing was tweaked on the way.

While leveling is quick, it's still dull and boring thing to do on 8th character you level up. So I'm glad that it's quick. If 1-100 would take 250 hours /played nowadays, WoW would have like 500k subscribers instead of 7 million. People CBA to engage into huge grinds anymore.

No, OP, don't ask for shitty grinds back, those would make even more people leave.

Ask for NEW content. Ask for modern, fun ways to enjoy the game outside raids, which is what the game lacks right now.

Deleted
    Back then in vanilla you didn t had:

- pet battles
    - brawlers guild
    - garrison
    - prooving grounds
    - easier accessable raidcontent through different difficultys, no IDs and premade groups tool
    - challenge mode
    - archaeology
    - archivments

And even tho i don t do most of the above listed, i find every single one "better" than leveling your weapon.

I came to the conclusion that, most of the "we have nothing to do" people are people going LFR only, and afterwards complaining about following things:

- im only sitting in my garrision and not interacting with people
    - i have nothing to do in this game
    - everything is so easy in this game

I understand people going LFR. But i don t understand people going LFR and afterwards claim above listed things, this is just completely retarded.