Deleted

Rogues in Challenge Modes

Hey guys.

I'm looking to get 8/8 Gold on a few classes, starting with my Rogue. I would be very grateful if you could answer a few questions for me.

1) I'm assuming Combat is the go-to spec for challenge modes due to it's strong AoE. However, some people have said that one should switch to Sub for bosses. Would you say that this is very important, or would I be able to do alright while staying in Combat spec for the entire dungeon?

2) Are haste and multistrike the stats I should be looking for when gathering gear for CMs?

3) Lastly, which trinkets would you say are most beneficial for CMs?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Deleted
    1) Yes go combat and no you don't have to switch to Sub for bosses, combat is alright.
    2) Yes.
    3) Coin active is OP, especially when you're doing big pulls. If you can't get hands on Coin get the Kromog trinket. For the second trinket get the one from Butcher or alternatively the one from Gruul (prefer Butcher tho).

I passed Infinite 30 achievement as Assa (base 670 ilvl at the time, even if it's scaled).
    I found combat too slow to keep up with single targets, and sub too weak in ST burst. Assa hit the sweet spot in my experience : dots on high HP targets that didn't present a real threat, and burst focus on others.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got these done on all of my 100s
    Rogue being the second.

I was combat throughout all of them.
    I switched to Sub When I had the time to change for bosses but it wasn't essential to make the group wait to pull. Combat really didn't lag that far behind if you can weave marked for death and red buff throughout the fight.

Trinkets don't matter all that much.

Haste/Multi is great but again gear doesn't matter that much at all. Just play smart and you'll get by.

Here is my rogue.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xincide/simple
    My build was a little different on armory then when i did CMs, since I was trying out PvP before I logged. But my gear is the same. I don't raid much and more or less dicked around on the rogue.

Talents: shadow focus/cheat death/venom zest
    Glyphs: Momentum, energy, disappearance (lowers vanish to 1 min) except for Slagmines or any CM that required a vanish reset on pull.

But yeah, my gear was pretty dog shit and I always topped damage. 24K plus single and 60 - 100k aoe.
    All about blade flurry toggle/redbuff and marked for death weaving.

You can PM me if you need any help with some cheese for most dungeons. There's a lot you can do to save time. I usually just pugged through the dungeon tool to get them done. lead the groups and handled them in a week. So I wasn't pushing realm bests.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2015-05-28 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    All about blade flurry toggle/redbuff and marked for death weaving.
    Can you elaborate a bit on that? Blade Flurry toggling means just switching BF on when there's more than one target I assume, but what is redbuff and Marked for Death weaving? I apologize if this is a stupid question.

And thanks for your help everyone!

I got 8/8 gold recently, not world-best times or anything, but we didn't really struggle all that much, and I was top of the meters for every trash pull, and overall at the end. I had my BiS gear with everything but trinkets, I had Meaty DST and Scales of Doom. Also, you should gear more towards Multistrike, since most the time is spent killing trash. I got all pieces with haste/multi or multi/haste, and enchanted for multistrike.

Always turn off Blade Flurry for 1 target
    Try your best to not let your Bandit's Guile buff fall off between pulls
    Always Marked for Death on adds that will die soonest (Mouseover macro)
    I liked to use Potion/Shieldtronic Shield as a pre-pot, with potions during combat if I was going to get all 20 seconds use of it, even during trash pulls.

Bosses are probably the easiest part of all the CMs, so not having your cooldowns is perfectly fine, as long as you use them to their fullest potential during the trash pulls. This is another reason people switch to Sub for bosses (your Sub CDs will be off CD every boss, and your Combat CDs will be off CD when you start pulling trash again).
    Last edited by Quidamtyra; 2015-05-29 at 12:03 AM.