Thread: New Reputations

New Reputations

So the new reputations are up now, what do you guys think? It looks like these are still going to be grind mobs/apexis daily to get rep, not actual quests from the looks of it. Pretty disappointed by the rewards, the frostwolf set isn't even cosmetic. But oh joy, more followers! Oh and ANOTHER boar mount...

Is blizzard just trolling us at this point? Tanaan looks like it's just intended to be a huge time sink, grind mobs for rep, grind mobs for gear, grind mobs for apexis, wait a week for actual quests/story.

So far they're just mob grinding with 1 daily a day for 300 rep for the Hand of the Prophet/Vol'jin's Headhunter factions.

I hope there are a lot more quests for these factions because mob grinding sucks.

Hope the 1000 rep token works with the new factions. If there's only a 300 rep quest, if you don't grind mob rep, it'd take 144 days to go from 0 neutral to 999/1000 exalted if I did my math right, and that's assuming you don't start off at honored or something. Either way, hell no. Rep grinds this expansion are so incredibly boring and unrewarding they're not worth it.

If this ends up the trend for future expansions, I can see fewer and fewer people going for exalted factions, especially if the rewards are lackluster. Blizzard hasn't even updated the Exalted Factions achievement beyond 60, and since there's more than 60 factions from vanilla to MoP, no need to even do WoD. You don't even WoD factions for the mounts or pets to get the max achievement for those (600 pets, 250 mounts).

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Hope the 1000 rep token works with the new factions. If there's only a 300 rep quest, if you don't grind mob rep, it'd take 144 days to go from 0 neutral to 999/1000 exalted if I did my math right, and that's assuming you don't start off at honored or something. Either way, hell no. Rep grinds this expansion are so incredibly boring and unrewarding they're not worth it.

If this ends up the trend for future expansions, I can see fewer and fewer people going for exalted factions, especially if the rewards are lackluster. Blizzard hasn't even updated the Exalted Factions achievement beyond 60, and since there's more than 60 factions from vanilla to MoP, no need to even do WoD. You don't even WoD factions for the mounts or pets to get the max achievement for those (600 pets, 250 mounts).
    The whole point is the rewards to be optional.
    The problem previously was the gating of near-mandatory gear or essential enchantments like the shoulder inscriptions.
    Those made the reputation grinds an essential part of your progression.
    Cosmetic/fun stuff is exactly what they should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem previously was the gating of near-mandatory gear or essential enchantments like the shoulder inscriptions.
    I agree that they should be cosmetic/fun stuff, but why do they have to be locked behind grinds? Even this cosmetic/fun stiff is pretty lame compared to previous reputations. At least give us a unique mount or transmog that everyone can use, like the stormwind/orgrimaar sets.

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast124 View Post
    I agree that they should be cosmetic/fun stuff, but why do they have to be locked behind grinds? Even this cosmetic/fun stiff is pretty lame compared to previous reputations. At least give us a unique mount or transmog that everyone can use, like the stormwind/orgrimaar sets.
    Unique mounts go to the Store or into raids. Didn't you get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Unique mounts go to the Store or into raids. Didn't you get the memo?
    MoP: Nearly every faction had a unique type of mount(usually 3 or more colors).
    WoD: Every faction has 1 recolored mount.

WTF happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    MoP: Nearly every faction had a unique type of mount(usually 3 or more colors).
    WoD: Every faction has 1 recolored mount.

WTF happened?
    This is exactly why myself, and I'm guessing most people, aren't bothering with reputations in WoD. They are literally so pointless.

Deleted
    More grinding? Exactly what this expansion needed

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo-hoo, more mob grinding, because the definition of engaging gameplay is killing the same mob over and over.

Blizzard fucked reputations so bad in WoD. I loved doing the MoP reputations, I've been exalted with them all for a while, but then Timeless Isle came and that reputation sucked too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What, pray tell, was the problem with rep gear prior to Mists of Pandaria? The problem wasn't gear itself, the problem was merging rep and Valor gear. Raiders could, previously, safely ignore rep gear in Wrath and Cataclysm (perhaps less so in TBC, at least until you were kitted out in Kara gear head to toe), leaving perhaps two per expansion that had vital enchantments. Considering what a big part of the casual endgame reputations were prior to Warlords of Raiding, I don't see the problem there. Throwing out rep gear entirely instead of making it separate from Valor gear was throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

On the other hand, they offered a source of gear progression for non-raiders to chase after for the first tier (which gave them a leg up on the catch-up dungeons). Someone who was Exalted with all the Wrath reps, for example, could build up a good few epic items and when the Argent Tournament released, maxing out the 'reps' by championing cities, getting rep with the Silver Covenant/Sunreavers, and getting Crusader offered a bevy of catch-up gear to offset crap RNG or to upgrade from the launch Heroic blues and rep gear while you start running Trial of the Champion. In Cataclysm, gaining rep was directly tied to how you progressed in Molten Front--and again, it offered gear that let non-raiders snag an upgrade here and there, or offset bad RNG from the Zul'Again Heroics.

Reps shouldn't be 'cosmetics-only,' especially when combined with a grind that makes Timbermaw Hold look tempting by comparison. Even some of the grindiest Vanilla reps offered something of value to a level-capped player, and that's not a bad thing. Reputations should matter for those who want to chase after them, not just lazily recycle mounts, toys/trinkets with the same procs renamed, and a tabard.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Why would I want to pay 5,000 gold and 5,000 apexis to buy a follower when I have 25-40 followers fully kitted out that just farm crap out of the follower missions? Why would I want a mount when my water skipper is a far superior mount and the only mount I ever pull out anymore because I can avoid water terrain? If there is nothing worth getting in the rep rewards then I won't waste any of my time trying to get exalted with that rep. Looks like another expansion where I can just show up on raid night which isn't so bad since I can play heroes of the storm now and hopefully soon overwatch.