Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why be edgy online?

You know the sort, people commenting on topics with 'controversial' comments usually against the social norm despite probably really not actually believing what they're actually claiming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone wants to be an iconoclast. Except professional sportsmen.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are more people online than you will ever meet in your entire life. It is not strange to meet people with diverse worldviews and values online. I don't know why you expect everyone to be the same. Quit projecting your tiny bubble you live in (your friends and people you deal with daily) onto the whole online society.

Also, you worldview, values and especially morals are not the "one and only". and they are most certainly not the best there are or the "right" ones.

People who seem edgy, might in fact really think that way. and they are not wrong in doing so, just because you have a different opinion.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The internet is mostly anonymous. Anonymous children/keyboard wizards believe they are some sort of god.. when they post they believe their is nothing to trace them back, so half of them troll and cause issues to stir the pot.

Welcome to the internet circa past 2010. RIP the old days of chat rooms/irc 1994, I'll miss you old friend *sniffles*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There are more people online than you will ever meet in your entire life. It is not strange to meet people with diverse worldviews and values online. I don't know why you expect everyone to be the same. Quit projecting your tiny bubble you live in (your friends and people you deal with daily) onto the whole online society.

Also, you worldview, values and especially morals are not the "one and only". and they are most certainly are not the best there are or the "right" ones.

People who are seem edgy, might in fact really think that way. and they are not wrong in doing so, just because you have a different opinion.
    No, usually people online are edgy for attention possibly due to maturity. Teenagers are notorious for it. Then again you would say that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, usually people online are edgy for attention possibly due to maturity. Teenagers are notorious for it. Then again you would say that
    You are entitled to your beliefs. It's way more easy to stamp "kiddo" onto someone who has a different opinion than apply his different perspective onto yourself.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    You are entitled to your beliefs. It's way more easy to stamp "kiddo" onto someone who has a different opinion than apply his different perspective onto yourself.
    I call a spade a spade

10+ Year Old Account
    I call a spade a spade
    How can you tell a spade from not a spade online?

Why make threads with meaningless buzzwords like "edgy" as the focal point to disguise your whine about "the teenagers" online?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is edgy when someone comes out and broadcasts a belief and then there are those that ask people their beliefs and simply can't accept their answer and move on.

Statement "Everybody loves the color Red, do you love Red?"

Response: No, I like blue.

But how could you like blue when clearly everybody likes blue?

Response: Well I like blue so not everybody.

No, citation please, you're an idiot, retard omg I can't believe you disagree etc etc...

At some point it's best to move on.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Why make threads with meaningless buzzwords like "edgy" as the focal point to disguise your whine about "the teenagers" online?
    Because teenagers are excused, adults aren't

Deleted
    First, I wouldn't underestimate what people are capable of believing. Second, there are likely many different reasons as to why a person would do it, seeing as we have multiple nationalities, economic background, cultures etc. etc. flowing through the vast internet every second; it muddies the water for any form of a clear estimate of why it could be such an attitude exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think there is edgy when someone comes out and broadcasts a belief and then there are those that ask people their beliefs and simply can't accept their answer and move on.
    You mean like male rape doesn't exist?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the people that say the "edgy" things, actually feel that way. Maybe people feel they can say what they actually feel online instead of what is the "social norm" which in real-life would lead them to be ostracized by their close peers.

These are all "maybes" though, since I have the same opinion and will answer the same way regardless of being online or not. While it may land me in hot water with people around me, I generally give zero fucks if someone is angry at me because i have a differing opinion.

Deleted
    How can you tell a spade from not a spade online?
    Spotting maturity online isn't difficult

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is assuming your gauge for maturity is "People that agree with me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You mean like male rape doesn't exist?
    Lol it does exist, but I'm willing to accept your denial. Whether I do or not really doesn't matter. More important is I don't cares and not interested in changing your mind.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Says who exactly?

Hwo can you tell an immature person from a mature person who seem immature due to:
    1. Intent
    2. Sarcasm
    3. 1337 5p33k
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2015-05-28 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    That is assuming your gauge for maturity is "People that agree with me"
    Not really, if somebody says "I believe women are inferior" without any actual reason then they're just been immature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Lol it does exist
    Thats funny, i could swear i saw you suggesting it doesn't on another thread.

Edit: Ahh yes, i apologize for you did not make that claim. You did, however, claimed false rape changes aren't a thing
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2015-05-28 at 12:48 PM.