PvE: comparing Rogue to Feral Druids

I have a level 97 feral Druid collecting dust. I found the gameplay to be very slow, and not quite the way I remembered back in the "feral is a crazy ass rotation" days. In other words, I'm not a fan of it.

I've never played a rogue passed level 50. How do the specs compare to a feral Druid? Are they more twitchy? (That would be a positive.) I basically want a melee dps character that has fast combat with lots of utility to handle anything that comes up unexpectedly.

Does any rogue spec stand out?

Feral has the utility. But the gameplay is just way too slow for me.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Why do it. Its like comparing mages and warlocks. They are different do different things have different strengths and weaknesses. Dont compare them just think which do i prefer. I play a feral for my 2nd alt in mythics atm and its really fun but its more niche than rogues. They have Their strengths (ST) as do rogues. Sub is a dynamic on the fly style of gameplay, combat is lots of prep work for big reward on the big cleave, and assi is more boring and simple than feral rotation.

Rogues have more survivability thanks to cheat death and CoS, although this will take a hit with CoS getting its cd increased.

Feral druids do more damage than rogues(around 5% on average single target) and offer several possible offspecs, essentially allowing you access to all class roles in a single character.

We shouldn't even make a loose analogy between rogues and mages, you play a mage if you want to play a class that is constantly fawned over by devs and allowed to be overpowered about 90% of the time; you play a rogue if you want to play the class with the lowest player representation, that gets practically no attention in the form of class design, and allows you to mass res your raid 90% of the time.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    feels like feral has more damage shifted into finishers, so it´s real slow on the CP building side of things but you get those big numbers popping off.
    I main a rogue and have a druid alt that´s mostly been just for gathering and in it´s non geared state ferocious bite hit´s pretty hard.

I much prefer the speed of rogues though, be it cleaving big packs as combat, rupture rolling on a few targets as assassination to get that energy pouring in, or having all those HaT procced CPs rolling in on Sub in a raid environment.

plus you have stuff like Burst of Speed which is basically infinite sprint, Evasion for 100% dodge (and a CD to reset it and the vanish CD), Cloak of Shadows for Magic Immunity, Vanish when you need to GTFO (more comonly used as DPS CD in group environments), feint for a cheap non CD 50% AOE damage reduction.
    You can sap to CC, open with a stun, gouge to stun, blind to CC, kidney shot to stun (can be talented to do decent damage), mass stealth people, create a zone that ranged cant attack into with smoke bomb.
    Tricks of the Trade ensures you´ll never have to worry about threat (guess that´s a bit of a moot point atm, but handy if you´re popping Killing Spree on a add pack before the tank´s there on Darmac, or just help gathering adds if needed)
    There´s a bunch of utility basically, and I think all 3 specs play quite fast and offer good range of options.
    Combat for big cleave, Sub for strong single target, assassination for very easy rotation and 2-3 target rupture cleave.

Something to add:

Ferals have massive burst, but outside of their CDs, their damage really flatlines. This is primarily because of their energy and combo point generation (slow), and because a minimum amount of their damage comes from "passive" damage. Rogues can use their CDs more often, have faster energy and cp generation, and have a lot of their damage passively (white damage and poisons). This leads to less burst, but more dps in between burst phases.

Ferals also suffer from weak aoe. Thrash and swipe simply don't do enough damage. Combat, however, has an extremely strong aoe that is good for burst aoe and sustained. It is arguably the strongest long-term aoe/cleave in the game.

Dont compare a spec to a class nimwit.