Poll: What is the most powerful Race in WoW?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broski View Post
    Cows < Wolves

I go with Worgen.
    Ever seen something trampled by bull ?

My cousin owned a ranch and some wolves got in the cow enclosure and one of the steers tore the wolf apart. Gored the wolf with his horns like swiss cheese. Not to mention if a charging cow hit a wolf it would be filled with broken bones. What makes wolves deadly to other animals is that they hunt in packs. Lone wolves generally starve to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went with Night Elfs. They are very agile, large, strong. Plus they can shadowmeld so they can hide easily.

Seems like some people are just talking about strength. OP is referring to 1v1 fight. I'd put my money on a NE over a Tauren any day.

Deleted
    We, gnomes, pack the biggest punch per square inch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Korean.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen cause werewolves are scary. Teeth, claws, speed, agility, strength, senses, pack mentality, viciousness.

If it was arm wrestling then Tauren but this is WAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I think it's hilarious enough how one of the strongest racials in-game when it comes to PvP environment (Human racial) is pretty much the only one impossible to justify or explain in lore.

Seriously, what the hell EMFH is meant to be? I break shit without trinket because I'm cool?
    That racial seems cowardly to me. Like, "Oh fuck, the shit hit the fan, everyone for himself!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Went with Night Elfs. They are very agile, large, strong. Plus they can shadowmeld so they can hide easily.

Seems like some people are just talking about strength. OP is referring to 1v1 fight. I'd put my money on a NE over a Tauren any day.
    Yeah, that's why I split my answer in terms of mooks and elites. I think an average schmuck tauren would beat an average NE. Or any other race for that matter. Not just because of size, but also reach and constitution.

But if we're talking about cream of the crop, then NE's > Tauren easily. But I'd put orcs over NE's. If you've ever seen the last fight in the movie Rob Roy (Neeson vs. Roth), that's about how I imagine elite orc vs elite NE going down. Except the orc would be laughing while slicing up his own hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    in order

Tauren > orc > worgen. maybe dwarves after that.

if we're talking straight up physical might.

edit:

tauren
    orc
    worgen
    dwarf
    pandaren
    night elf?
    draenei
    Undead
    Human
    bloodelf
    goblin = gnome
    Humans, blood elves, dwarves etc. are all roughly equivalent. Tauren and draenei are the only races that stick out much due to their size, but it isn't clear that that size translates to much for the draenei; only the Eredar seem to capitalise on it, but they're enormous due to fel mutation. Going by the WRPG, of the playable races only Tauren enjoy substantial strength related bonuses (funnily enough, Forsaken also get a strength bonus; the non-playable in WoW Naga males get very substantial ones), with the rest of the races equal to one another, and gnomes/goblins weaker. The rest get non-strength physical stat penalties which are offset by bonuses, that make them roughly equivalent. I think worgen would probably get some strength/dexterity bonuses.

It's a fantasy setting though, and magical enhancements to equipment/class powers seem to dwarf anything else, even in the WRPG, where racial stats are a bit more meaningful. TBH, I don't see why an undead or human would surpass a blood elf in physical prowess. They're roughly equivalent, if we strip out the experience yielded by a blood elf's longer lifespan. If anything, the lore suggests they make superb swordsmen and archers, in addition to magi, traditions that stem from their Highborne past. I think their stats in the WRPG are good, but instead of a fortitude penalty I'd have given them a spirit one, because their use of the arcane/fel would diminish that aspect; whereas, in most artwork and in the in-game models, they do not seem frail in the least when compared to a human.

WoW's racial stats don't mean much to me. They're minuscule by comparison to overall character stats, and in some cases, downright illogical (e.g. a night elf is only marginally stronger than a gnome?); The WRPG, although de-canonised, is more 'logical' in this respect. YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Oh, I didn't knew that. I only recall that there was a comic with exact same title. Then it's quite impressive for mage indeed.
    Well, only if you think a mage cannot work out to get strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matius View Post
    Orcs - they have a good compilation of physical strength and agility that makes them perfect fighters. Tauren are the strongest physically but aren't as agile, smart fighters might take advantage of that.

But I would say that average Elf or Draenei would be even or perhaps better than average Orc, Elves and Draenei are older than any other race and their strategy and mastery will beat most of the other fighters. So while the best of Orcs are better fighters than any other, the average Orcs will be even or worse than average Elves(Blood/Night)/Draenei.

This analysis is mostly for Warriors/Knights/Rogues etc. without the use of any form of Magic or Faith. I think that none of the Classess are better than other in a duel. Magic users at first seem more powerfull and can make great feats of destruction but a skilled fighter can evade spells for as long as to break any magical shield and deal a fatal blow. Of course it works the other way around and a fighter can make a mistake/be slow enough for a Spellcaster to deal a blow. In case of all forms available I would say that Elves and Draenei are the most powerfull, just because of their age and mastery of every form of combat, unfortunately it's not represented in the game as much.
    I'd be inclined to agree, however most classes in the game use magic or supernatural powers in one way or another. Even warriors. Either way, if you factor in things like longer lifespans, the fact that even melee classes draw on a host of abilities etc., it isn't as clear that orcs or Tauren etc. would necessarily be "the best". But then the thread seems to be focused purely on raw strength, in which case I'd give it to the Tauren of the playable races, with the proviso that it's but one of many relevant abilities that matter.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2015-05-29 at 10:57 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Tauren > Draenei > Orc > Troll/Worgen/Pandaren

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That racial seems cowardly to me. Like, "Oh fuck, the shit hit the fan, everyone for himself!"
    Then it definetely fits the race in question /kek
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It also feels contradictory that they have both Every Man for Himself and Diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Well, only if you think a mage cannot work out to get strong.
    And I gues that's the case with orc mages xD

But mages usually have very low regard for physical strenght, and most of their tim they spend on studies. And I guess we would all agree that experienced warrior would be physically stronger than mage.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It also feels contradictory that they have both Every Man for Himself and Diplomacy.
    I'm sure they promote the kind of "diplomacy" that end up with their pockets full and your butthole wide open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I'm sure they promote the kind of "diplomacy" that end up with their pockets full and your butthole wide open.
    Well, that is how the whole High King thing felt.

Deleted
    Tauren.

If i would face a bull on 2 legs in a 1 vs 1 combat i would run like crazy.

Obviously Goblins should have it as they are the most cowardly running away to preserve their gold.

Going by level 1 warrior base strength for every race

1. Tauren (28)
    2. Orc and Worgen (26)
    3. Dwarf (25)
    4. Draenei and Troll (24)
    5. Human and Pandaren (23)
    6. Undead (22)
    7. Goblin, Blood Elf and Night Elf (20)
    8. Gnome (18)

I would say it's pretty accurate.

Tauren. They are the largest and are pretty muscular! They have a lot of heart and inner strength too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt, Tauren.

Tauren are a GIANT race. They have been shrunk for WoW since Tauren weren't able to enter most doors during the time when they had them at their actual size, but lore-wise, a Tauren is easily thrice the height of a Human. So you might as well ask, who can win in a straight-up fight, a cow or an elephant?

Now, if you DON'T include the playable races, then races such as Ogres, Mogu, ect would win.

I don't really see Pandaren winning too much. Sure, they are quite a bit stronger then humans and possibly orcs due to being bears, but your average panda is a FARMER, not a fighter, with very few of them actually learning how to fight. Shado-Pan might be able to take on most races due to their martial arts training, but martial prowess requires training, which ANY race can accomplish with time.

Worgen, while they have claws and ferociousness, aren't too much up there imo - Trolls, Dwarves, and Orcs are, imo, on par with the Worgen. While Worgen ARE bestial, their baseline strength isn't too far above that of humans. Dogs/Wolves just AREN'T that strong, more lean and agile. Trolls are strong as all-fuck, with the Darkspear being the physically weakest of the races. Dwarves are pretty much 200 pounds of solid muscle, and when you consider a dwarf's hieght, thats alot of muscle. Orcs have a higher strength due to the alignment of their muscles, which is why Orcs have a hunchback, their shoulder muscles are significantly more developed then, say, humans, and are thus stronger then humans, capable of swinging, lifting, ect with much more force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know how in anime good guy who is main character gets beaten up but when he says "I fight for my friends" he gets super powered and defeats villain ?
    This is literally human racial.
    Considering that the name of the human racial is "Every Man for Himself"... I have to disagree with you there. I think its more that he tosses a nearby ally into harms way and then escapes, personally. Or chucks a kitten at them. That works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.