Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I've been doing that in all the MMOs I've played over the past 11 years (started out in City of Heroes).

10+ Year Old Account
    If my class can do it, I usually do. Usually they're afk, but hey, I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    What field? We are either in the Garrison, Stormshield or BRF, nowhere else.

I do it generally.

I would have to actually leave my garrison to find someone dead to rez. On a more serious note though, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Half the time they're dead because they went afk in which case they won't get the rez anyhow.

I would, rarely have the chance though. I have healed players who are levelling and having some trouble with a particular creature or something too.

Yes, I do. Unless there's like 20 of them.

I don't really go out in the world anymore since the flying mounts lost their will to fly.
    Even if I did everything is so easy that no one dies anyway.

yes, i do. every time i see one. unless i saw them do something dickish, or if they did something dickish earlier and i remember their name.

Usually. I also would toss out Kings if there was someone questing in the same area. I think at least once or twice I used Lay on Hands on someone who was dying, but back in the day when tanking I'd just as often taunt a mob off and then finish it off for the person.

I do revive them but most of the time they are AFK.

I used to, but now I rarely find a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'll toss em one, but they usually don't accept since they're AFK

Been doing it since SWG, did it a ton in FF online because people would beg for it most of the time, and then it just continued on here. As someone else mentioned though, you don't see many dead people anymore because stuff is really too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I do, but usually they don't take it, probably because they're only dead due to being AFK
    Same with me prettymuch. This is when I know I wasted my time stopping to rez >.>;
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

- Ressing somebody who died in your dungeon or raid? Absolutely.
    - Ressing a friend you were questing with, who happened to die? Absolutely.
    - Ressing a completely random person you just happened to run past in the world? The thought never even crossed my mind.

I would have to side with your friends here, what a complete and utter waste of time. Each to his own I guess.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

If the player died right in front of me, I typically rez them unless I'm on a class that can't. If I'm on my engineers, I might use my gnomish army knife to try to rez them. Majority of the time, the players get back before I finish the cast, though. Suppose it's the thought that counts. I've been known to give players some gold at times, too. Guy asked me for 10g once. I gave him a thousand. I've only done it twice, though. I tend to ignore gold beggars.

Little acts of kindness can sometimes go a long way, but sadly, many players would rather attack others than help another player.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    - Ressing somebody who died in your dungeon or raid? Absolutely.
    - Ressing a friend you were questing with, who happened to die? Absolutely.
    - Ressing a completely random person you just happened to run past in the world? The thought never even crossed my mind.

I would have to side with your friends here, what a complete and utter waste of time. Each to his own I guess.
    being nice for no reason never crossed your mind? maybe that says something about you as a person.

it depends on how generous I'm feeling. If I'm in a good mood, resurrections for everyone. If I'm not in a good mood, its someone else's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So lately in FFXIV and Destiny when playing with friends they notice i go out of my way to resurrect dead players in both games. Personally i think i do it since my first big class quest in WoW -the first mmo i got really into- was to send me from Ironforge all the way to Elwynn forest to cast my new raise spell on a dead npc. That was a big "now you got the big juju" moment. My guy could raise dead players!

So naturally i did this whenever i could, including some stupid dancing macro (hey we are talking vanilla i was like 16 at the time ) and in retrospect this seems to have stuck with me in all my online gaming. I rarely like playing healers in dungeons. But seeing a player die or has died out in the wilderness? ill go drop what im doing and raise them because thats what my old dorf pally was taught to do.

However my friends see it as strange and a waste of time. They say "well they werent the right level for this area" or "they fell of a cliff its their fault" or the worst one "look at them begging for a res like a noob!".

Is it that foreign an idea today? just me?
    Yes. You can't even get other players to help out if you bite too much off of a pack of mobs, or an elite, unless they get a drop by helping. I cannot recall ever being ressed out in the world since vanilla, or even being acknowledged at all, other than getting "kek" from a passing horde player. Remember in vanilla when you'd run around SW or IF, and you'd have a bar of buffs from people just randomly buffing you? It was nice, and cool. Or you could go around and ask, and ask mages for water and food. I buffed someone at the Temple recently, and got a whisper "Why did you do that?"

I did res someone once, on my druid, and I didn't even get a thank you, they just mounted and rode away. Don't bother, now.

Hell, the one time I died in the one dungeon I ran in WOD, I asked for a battle res and got "LOL run back noob".

There's no soul in this game anymore, it's every player for themselves, it's why I don't like playing anymore. I was thinking about that the other day, when I was picking a herb in WoD, and another player ran up and tried to pick it while I was. Back in vanilla, if you came up on an ore and another player did, half the time they'd ask 'Are you leveling mining?", and if you said yes, they'd let you have it - and I did the same when I maxxed it out. Now, it's push people out of the way because 'MINE", and lets have funning pulling mobs on everyone riding through packs of mobs, and then go mine/pick/get objective when they're dead, or the mobs are halfway across the zone.

There's just too many assholes in the game. /rant.