Poll: Why do you not want to raid mythic?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The schedule is the biggest one for me. I used to raid pretty hardcore, but I am not doing it anymore since it was influencing my studies. On top of that, I hate the drama that comes with many mythic guilds. Not all, but most I've been in had it. The guild leader or an officer underperforms etc...

Recolored gear and few more ilvls are not worth it for me.

Deleted
    I voted " other " reason : I am happy to beat the game on normal mode and try some heroic bosses as of yet we haven't killed any on hc , been very close a few times but I would say I am an older gamer and being close to 40 and having a wife and 3 children to keep happy , I am well happy to raid when I can with my guild , which is mostly 1 night a week for 2 hours. Mythic sounds like it would be great fun to try it if I was younger with less life commitments I would be going for it .

Other: The group of friends I play with are from different realms. About 5 to 7 guildies and 6 to 12 cross-realm friends I'd say.

Plus I don't think I'd do Mythic other than "for the lulz". We could probably have some fun and try some bosses, but Heroics fits us fine for the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Recolored gear and few more ilvls are not worth it for me.
    Good thing it's completely unique sets instead.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, but my guild fell apart due to WoD and I refuse to raid with another guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Juice View Post
    All of you who do not want to raid mythic, my question is - why?

(This is for people "not WANTING" to do mythic, but could do it right now if they wanted)
    1 - set schedule
    2 - nerd talk and sweaty egos
    3 - rewards, you don't need higher ilvl if you don't do content that needs higher ilvl

Only thing that I'd like to see are the extra mechanics, but it's not worth the tradeoff for me atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Already too much "Been There Done That" before setting foot in Mythic.

Hooray! I can fight the boss again for the 30th time, but he's a little bit harder and there is a minor tweak to the fight. Why that makes it the most fun of all!!!

People who defend this difficulty slider nonsense are masochistic.

I don't watch movies 30+ times. I'm equally uninterested in fighting the same bosses over and over again.

Schedule, lack of inviting rewards, and the state of the game itself.
    It's a trade of time investment for fun/reward and right now the trade isn't favorable.

Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications, Applications. "Applying" for a raiding guild has got to be the most retarded shit i have ever seen for the 8 years I've played, and it isn't worth my time. I play the game for fun, I apply for jobs, not guilds. I can understand applying for a top 100 guild, that's it. Anything beyond top 100 and you are wasting everybody's time. Talking on vent and observing their skill is good enough, also i have raided realm first and top 1000 world in a guild I didn't apply for. It just really ruins the experience of WoW for me to go onto somebody's horrid html turd website and fill out pointless questions, MAYBE it would be acceptable if there was an ingame form but other than that no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

For me personally, mythic has become too tedious. I have raided heroic/hardmode/Mythic content going back to Ulduar Hard modes. Throwing my face at a boss for 60+ attempts just doesn't feel as fun as it once did. The rewards just do not appeal to me as they once did, and trying to find a guild that I mesh with is a big annoyance. I would rather just clear heroic content at this point and then start gearing alts through heroic content.

I stopped raiding heroic back in MoP, right before ToT came out...I was so burnt out on the whole mogu/panda/mantid theme. Looking to get back into mythic soon, gearing up atm. I would say that Mythic definitely has it's perks, in terms of having the best gear available in the game, and that thrill everyone gets from killing a boss on their 20th attempt...good times.

I would absolutely love to raid mythic, but I cannot commit 1 night a week to just get on and play wow, let alone raid at a specific time multiple times a week...

ALSO due to my lack of connections/guild and experience raiding anything but lfr and pugs, there are other stepping stones i just dont have time for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schedule is probably the biggest. I don't want to sign away 2-3+ nights a week to mandatory raiding. And with the strict 20 player requirement, there is a good chance if you don't show up, the group may not be able to proceed that night. Flex was a good system to alleviate this. If you or another person simply needed a break for a night, the raid would scale accordingly, limited harm done.

Second is that it just feels like empty content. If I've already progressed through normal/heroic, why would I want to relearn the same exact bosses with a few additional mechanics and a slightly stricter dps check?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, whenever I used to raid I'd always be doing the hardest difficulty. My spree of hardcore raiding was from late vanilla to ToC. Went through 4 guilds in the process. I love the challenge. It makes content last longer. Whenever I buy a new game, I always set it to the hardest difficulty or one below depending on how tough it is. I don't understand when people put games on the easiest difficulty and then complain that the game was short. My friend did that with the witcher 2. He complained that the game wasn't long enough, but because he had it on the easiest difficulty, he barely had to use any spells. He'd just run around auto attacking the entire time. I beat the witcher 2, but I did it on the difficulty below nightmare. I was forced to use all my spells and wasn't able to just wildly swing at things. It made the game last longer because some boss fights were incredibly difficult.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Schedule mostly for me. I don't want to commit to 6+ hours a week, every week, to wiping on the same content over and over. The small reward for finally downing a boss does not outweigh the stress of banging your head against a boss for days. Gear ilvls above flex/normal are unnecessary for open world content. Ill spend a couple hours doing LFR/Flex on my schedule, see the content I want and spend the other time doing more enjoyable activities.

Simple reason for me: the players. Maybe there are some mythic guilds who are actually nice, but what few mythic players there are on my server are pricks. Insulting anyone who doesn't raid mythic doesn't earn you brownie points. I'm often glad when the transfer because they're complaining no one wants to raid with them. I wonder why.

Raiding the same thing over and over only slightly more difficult for each time you bump it up gets boring. Fast.

Deleted
    Stopped raiding mythic because I'm tired of the sound my nightelf druid makes when he dies.

ughhhhhhhh..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The difficulty is too high/too many mechanics.

Oregorger is fine example, for me avoiding it's rolls in Heroic was difficult enough, but imagine that with additional fire walls blocking your way / sight in Mythic.
    It's actually easier in mythic once the raid team organizes how they kill the boxes, you can actually control exactly where the boss goes and really never have to pay any attention to where the boss is.