Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    How long until Blizz starts offering GOOD looking transmog sets in the Blizzard store, while making every tier set from then on look like complete shit.

I noticed the weapon similarities between the pvp weapons on ptr right away and was pleasantly surprised. The fact that they're doing this for pve is even cooler.

The weapons clearly look like a lot of work has gone into them to set them apart from their older counterparts while still hardening back in ways. Perfect balance.

That said, I agree that some of the tier sets look a bit bland but they didn't seem to follow the same basis of tbc tier sets again. But looks are generally subjective. I'd imagine there's plenty of folks that would disagree with my love of the warrior set. I'd also imagine a lot of folks agree that the hunter set is horrendous and looks like leveling green gear, not even blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Those sets (except maybe priest and paladin) as bland and boring as most british food. I guess I will keep playing fully transmogged.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I think some of them could be better in a different color then what is shown
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You do realize that most of these are actually remasters of vanilla tiers, right?
    Edit: Half of this thread apparently doesn't, so I suppose you get a pass.
    They are not. The normal mode mage set has a little bit of a resemblance to the dungeon 1 set. But not enought to call it a remaster. Same to the blades on the shoulders of the Warrior Set. This is something also to be found in the T2 set but they look very different in the whole art direction.

Dungeon set:

Tier 1 set (Molten Core):

Tier 2 set (Ragnaros + Blackwing Lair):

And the paladin set may look futuristic like the T2.5 set from AQ. But they are very different in art direction if you compare them:

T2.5:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2015-05-30 at 08:38 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    No need to run hfc normal or higher for transmog purposes. The lfr cloth set looks awesome.

I think you're stretching it with the "art direction" bit. The Warrior set is clearly a remake of Wrath, the fact that it's no longer in clownshoes colors notwithstanding.

Same goes for:
    Mage->T1
    Druid->T2
    Hunter->Salvage gear
    Shaman->T8
    Rogue->T5, loosely
    Warlock->D1/Salvage gear
    Priest->T16 WTF just got done seeing this armor for a year and a half!
    and the cloth and leather gear from LFR are based on Paladin T12 and Hunter D1 respectively.

Obviously not all, or even most, of those are Vanilla armors, and not every set is a remake, though. DKs don't have Vanilla gear in the first place, and their Tier is largely inspired by Archimonde, although still different enough to justify the exclusive cloth transmog pieces. The Paladin set is based on the Auchenai soul-powered constructs, Socrethar's vessel in particular.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Just plain wrong.
    I think half was hyperbole, but Mage looks like Magister's, and the Warrior set is obviously a remastered Wrath set. They actually said the tier 18 theme was supposed to be more Class themed instead of Raid themed this tier, when they posted the preview of the Mage set. Hunter set resembles Beast Stalkers, Priest set resembles Devout. All of the bones in the Warlock set are pretty familiar with Dreadmist as well.