Deleted

Can I buy Credits?

I don't mean from third-party sites who are likely to scam me. I just came back to the game after a long (read: LONG) break and I have 0 Credits because I gave all of mine to the first low level player I saw when I decided to quit, so now I am left with nothing.

Is there any sort of WoW token scheme or any other way I can legitimately purchase Credits for real world cash?

Thanks.

Nothing like WoW tokens, but there's an alternative :

Purchase packs from the Cartel Market, sell the contents on the GTN. Bit RNG on it though :\

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Nothing like WoW tokens, but there's an alternative :

Purchase packs from the Cartel Market, sell the contents on the GTN. Bit RNG on it though :\
    And tons of purchases of individual items/unlocks as well. The lockboxes may be their biggest seller, but they make up a minority of what is sold in the cash shop.

Deleted
    Anything in particular I should invest in that would yield the most profit?

Edit: Just watched an 8 minute video of a guy opening Acolyte’s Shadow Packs, because I apparently have nothing better to do with my life, and I noticed that everything he got from them is bound. How could I sell the items if they're bound, or does that not work the same as it does in WoW, for example?

Forgive my ignorance, I haven't played since the week of launch.
    Last edited by mmocc55fd08526; 2015-05-29 at 04:45 AM.

Items fresh from the pack are bound for one or two days (cant remember exactly), after that you can sell it. Check the video there should be a timer in the item description.

You can buy items from the cash shop and sell them.

Most direct way would be the "gamble packs" that sell anywhere from 150 to 300k. Items you MAY get from inside them can sell for as much as 10 million, but those are very rare items and are bound to you for 1-2 days before you can sell them whereas the packs can be sold the second you get them in your inventory.

Alternatively, you can make new characters and level through the opening zones and get a few thousand credits just to move your main along in the story so you can get to max level. Once there you can earn a LOT of credits from just playing the game, doing dailies, running flashpoints, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You can buy items from the cash shop and sell them.

Most direct way would be the "gamble packs" that sell anywhere from 150 to 300k.
    THIS ^

Has been the best and easiest way I know. Sell the unopened cartel packs on the GTN. It's an almost guaranteed real money to in game credits exchange. You have to keep up with it a little bit and make prices competitive but its pretty simple.

and like katchii said, if you want to play a more riskier game. Open them and hope for the more rare items that can sell for between 4 and 10 million credits depending on when you get it on the GTN. That is a risky game and one I do not play unless I plan to lose and if anything better happens besides losing I chalk it up to pure luck.

DO NOT even open cartel packs expecting to win. When the jetpack came out I know a guy that opened 4 hyper-crates (thats 96 individual packs) and did not get one. It's gambling so do it at your own risk but don't whine if you never win what you want. The only good side to that is what you do get you can sell and some sell for a decent amount of credits.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    DO NOT even open cartel packs expecting to win. When the jetpack came out I know a guy that opened 4 hyper-crates (thats 96 individual packs) and did not get one. It's gambling so do it at your own risk but don't whine if you never win what you want. The only good side to that is what you do get you can sell and some sell for a decent amount of credits.
    Yup i see a lot of people trying to do this too. Its actually a general rule for any game that has gambling lockboxes like SWTOR or even STO. If a fancy new item comes out dont get a bunch of boxes expecting to get that specific item you want. Instead grind out the currency the old fashioned way or by opening lockboxes and selling the stuff inside of it. You *might* get lucky and actually get the item you want, but dont open lockboxes with the intention of getting that specific item. Cause just like qura said you shouldnt open lockboxes expecting to win (win the specific item that you want).

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Just bought myself 5500 credits so I'll sell some packs. Might try my luck and open a few too.

Deleted
    I started a new legacy on a different server when the x12 storyline experience kicked in, and the fastest way to get some 'seed credits' for me was to zip a toon to level 15, get the Stronghold quest and all the gear they give you as a reward and in the mail will sell for 350k-500k depending on the market. Gives you a nice base to build on while leveling.

I never waste cartel coins on packs (anymore), but save them for buying extra QoL things, such as extra cargo tabs etc. Buying extra Legacy storage tabs is a must if you plan to be in for a long haul.

If you've never done a referral before you can also click someone's referral link for credits. Not sure about other servers but the going rate on Harbinger is a million credits. You get 7 free days of game time and the person gets like 600 Cartel Coins.

You can only do it once per account, though, and you have to be a subscriber.

Deleted
    Long term investment: Buy color crystals that are new and wait a year..or two..or three. I bought 4 White-Black Hawkeye crystals back in the days when they were new for ~130k a pop. Sold 3 of them last week while keeping one for myself. now go and look how much they are worth.

Just buying CM packs and seeling them whole on the GTN reaps a decent buck aswell.

Leveling a character which can be done quickly during xp boosts nets a couple million credits.