Poll: Will you buy hatred

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is apparently banned on twitch so no one will be able to stream it

Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    I have an interesting questions, if someone made a game where you got to play the boston bomber, and went around the world bombing marathons and getting away; would you guys play that game? and lets say it was done by rockstar and had some deep story and lots of captivating gameplay leading up to the bombings.So would you?
    Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends on how the game itself would look and feel.
    You know, one of many reasons people play games is because games give us a possibility to feel something we don't feel in real life. Not everybody is a superhero, or a top-secret government spy, or a hacker, or a diver, or a soldier; but, thanks to games, everyone can touch experiences they'd never know in real life.

Sadly, some of the people can't understand a simpest things. You are not "killing innocent people", you are playing a game where your character kills pixels. Saying "Oh, but people will play hatred then buy themselves weapons and go killing people in RL" is just as dumb as saying "After playing World of Warcraft, I bought myself a sword and went killing dragons in RL".
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-05-30 at 11:11 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Nah, im all for free speech -all the more so in the current tumblr witch hunt driven socal media age- but it just looks like edgy tryhard bollocks trying to be edgy in a "we'll show those SJW's!" cash in kind of way.

Not my kind of thing, but i never liked Postal either.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Sadly, some of the people can't understand a simpest things. You are not "killing innocent people", you are playing a game where your character kills pixels. Saying "Oh, but people will play hatred then buy themselves weapons and go killing people in RL" is just as dumb as saying "After playing World of Warcraft, I bought myself a sword and went killing dragons in RL".
    By that logic you'd be content to just play Space Invaders forever, since when it comes down to it you're just controlling pixels shooting other pixels, and the size/shape/color/orientation of the pixels doesn't matter.

Games have writers, sound engineers, and artists because that's blatantly untrue.

TotalBiscuit's video says all that needs to be said about the game both in its gameplay and in the controversy.

Your killing pixels,Its Fantasy Violence and bottom line don't like it don't buy it. There is NOTHING in this game we haven't seen before or will see again. People get mad at games like this and yet there is books and movies that is far far worse. Like Totalbiscuit even said hell Human Centipede is on netflix ffs. So lots of people really do need to get off there moral high horse.

The game looks average at best and ill wait for like a $5 sell before I get it. Also to those who are bitching about the executions you can turn those off.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-05-30 at 05:57 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    By that logic you'd be content to just play Space Invaders forever, since when it comes down to it you're just controlling pixels shooting other pixels, and the size/shape/color/orientation of the pixels doesn't matter.

Games have writers, sound engineers, and artists because that's blatantly untrue.
    What?

I never played Space Invaders, so it is hard for me to understand what did you mean here, sorry.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Nope, won't be getting it. I don't like games that are unnecessarily gory/bloody. Like I bought the God of War trilogy for PS3, played the first 20 minutes, and just stopped. Traded it in eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    TotalBiscuit's video says all that needs to be said about the game both in its gameplay and in the controversy.
    Didn't actually see the whole video (rarely do with TBs), but he was right about the trailer over portraying the "horrific violence" that is actually in game. Executions looked mostly weak and frankly gun killing is rather basic. I cut people in half Sandor-style in Witcher 3, which is more gruesome IMO. Mortal Kombat has some painful looking deaths as well. Guess the big AO rating comes from murdering "innocents" and terrorism objectives.

The rating alone doesn't bother me, but it does bug me how pansy other companies are in keeping AO out of their platforms. I'm sure its common knowledge that adults play video games. AO games tend to be shunned upon by companies like MS, Sony, Best Buy, and so on which restricts the kind of content we can enjoy in video games.

I'm going to wait for some mods to come in before buying this game as it looks rather half-assed. Would be nice if someone developed some kind of ARPG with this game's engine and physics.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, won't be buying it. Arguments on the thematic nature of the game aside, the gameplay looks pretty mediocre and seems like it gets tedious fast, plus I don't like the aesthetics of the game either. I prefer colour in my games.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing footage of the game I have a hard time seeing why it got an AO rating. GTA5 got M and contains a hell of a lot more disturbing visuals then hatred, hell the new Mortal Kombat got an M and it is the most sick and disgusting game I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheperd View Post
    After seeing footage of the game I have a hard time seeing why it got an AO rating. GTA5 got M and contains a hell of a lot more disturbing visuals then hatred, hell the new Mortal Kombat got an M and it is the most sick and disgusting game I have ever seen.
    Because the people at the ESRB rating system are idiots and feels the context "Bad guy killing innocents" gives it enough to be a AO game.

Personally I feel it got it just based on the backlash of the trailer and ESRB didn't play the game at all. Even in its current state I could see the game getting a T rating. The Executions look like ass and are not as gory as people was making them out to be. Also if people don't like the Executions they can turn them off.

Hell this game feels like a tech demo more then anything. The physics is amazing even more so for this style of game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the people at the ESRB rating system are idiots and feels the context "Bad guy killing innocents" gives it enough to be a AO game.

Personally I feel it got it just based on the backlash of the trailer and ESRB didn't play the game at all. Even in its current state I could see the game getting a T rating. The Executions look like ass and are not as gory as people was making them out to be. Also if people don't like the Executions they can turn them off.

Hell this game feels like a tech demo more then anything. The physics is amazing even more so for this style of game.
    I love how destructible everything is. I really hope the Devs end up seeing enough success to use that physics engine to its fullest extent.

Offtopic: Postal 1 is on sell for 49 cents US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheperd View Post
    I love how destructible everything is. I really hope the Devs end up seeing enough success to use that physics engine to its fullest extent.
    Totally agree I am impressed by how destructible is. Just wish the cars didn't blow up as fast.

No. The game looks downright pointless. It honestly seems like a lunatics wet dream, no story to follow, just mindless slaying of civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    No. The game looks downright pointless. It honestly seems like a lunatics wet dream, no story to follow, just mindless slaying of pixels.
    There fixed that for ya. Its fine you don't like the game and thats fine but to say its a lunatics wet dream is so far out of the realm of what it is its not even funny.

Just because there is a "Point" doesn't mean its any better then Hatred. In GTA 5 you tortured a guy just to find another guy and kill them. Nether was stated they was even bad guys. The guy you tortured had his life ruined and lost his family because of it. So tell me how is that any better? O So because u want to get rich its ok...

Ontopic: After playing Postal 1 a bit I can now confirm Hatred is just a better graphic version
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-05-30 at 09:34 PM.

There fixed that for ya. Its fine you don't like the game and thats fine but to say its a lunatics wet dream is so far out of the realm of what it is its not even funny.

Just because there is a "Point" doesn't mean its any better then Hatred. In GTA 5 you tortured a guy just to find another guy and kill them. Nether was stated they was even bad guys. The guy you tortured had his life ruined and lost his family because of it. So tell me how is that any better? O So because u want to get rich its ok...

Ontopic: After playing Postal 1 a bit I can now confirm Hatred is just a better graphic version
    Usually in games there is a point when you kill a character. Could be an enemy trying to kill you or someone to make the story progress. I personally just don't see the appeal or the fun in gunning down hundreds of people just for the sake of killing. If someone thinks the game is fun, kudos to them. I'd rather have them slaying pixel civilians than actual civilians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, looks fun, what more?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Just because there is a "Point" doesn't mean its any better then Hatred.
    Eh, yes it does. Killing isn't the same based on some factors, the "purpose" being one of them. Doubt you would view someone killing in self defense in the same light as someone killing for pleasure. The having a different purpose makes the justification different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Eh, yes it does. Killing isn't the same based on some factors, the "purpose" being one of them. Doubt you would view someone killing in self defense in the same light as someone killing for pleasure. The having a different purpose makes the justification different as well.
    So its ok in GTA to kill and torture because u want to get rich but bad for Hatred to kill just to do it.

Hatred has a point as well he hates the world and wants it to burn. I'm sorry anyone who bashs this game based on the violence is a hypocrit if they like things like Saw,Game of Thrones,GTA and many many others. This is fantasy violence and nothing in it is new.

State of Emergency is no different then Hatred besides graphics and it was on the ps2 ffs. Hatred is Postal with better graphics. Hell Hatred is one of the most tame games I have seen this year.

Don't like it don't buy it but don't try to push some moral high ground crap when I bet you like things thats just as bad or worse.

To be clear I mean you as in people and not you urself.

Nah, doesn't appeal to me, and it has nothing to do with the drama behind it.