• Balance classes for PVP

80 69.57%
  • Create more world PVP options

52 45.22%
  • Create new Battlegrounds and Arena's

60 52.17%
  • Actively ban more bots and cheaters

67 58.26%
  • Change human trinket racial (to reduce queue times)

44 38.26%
  • Let same factions battle each other in random bg's (to reduce queue times)

40 34.78%
  • Remove Russian vs EU(to reduce lag)(might increase queue times, only for EU and RU)

36 31.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Balance doesn't matter when the game isn't fun.

It doesn't matter if every spec and class was viable and balanced right now, it still wouldn't be fun.
    i agree with emo.

i think its a combination of other games doing really well and carrying a high level of enjoyment and satisfaction.. with wow just committing pvp suicide under semi-new direction. I dont think you're going to see a revival.. hopefully next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Pozitron View Post
    Just do everything like it was in WoTLK.

WoW is fixed.
    not much of a stretch, really

10+ Year Old Account
    From my view point, considering the following:
    • I have only ever glimpsed 2200 rating (and when I did it was a long ways back)
    • I enjoy doing random BGs (don't enjoy the queues lately)
    • I enjoy world PvP and Server based PvP bgs (TB and WG)
    • I have played a large swath of classes in PvP for long stretches so I at least have a "feel" for them
    • I enjoy min-maxing my characters
    • I have very little spare time to play ($@&!ing adult life) so I trend towards the short burst style of play sessions (Fast but focused)

So while keeping in mind I've only ever seen, not even hardly 20% of what PvP is for others. My thoughts are as follows.

I feel like class balance is actually at an "okay" point. Minus a couple of glaringly unbalanced aspects of some classes, every battle I'm in "feels" good. And often, even when I die and/or we lose the fight, I still enjoyed it and I'm actually excited to hunt down the opposition and avenge myself and my team. I can't speak for the arenas or rated BGs as I don't play at that level. But down here in "noobville", I have to say that I've never enjoyed PvP as much as I have lately.

I'd like to see more World PvP (even on non-pvp servers) incentive. A mount is nice, but it's hardly inspiring enough to get 40+ people together to go around and kill faction bosses with any regularity. I'd like to see PvP have more of an impact. Maybe every faction settlement can be raided. If the raid is successful then the settlement that got raided has all it's shop keepers increase the cost of their goods for a certain amount of time, while the victors settlement gets a "spoils of war" buff that makes everything cheaper for a certain amount of time. I'm just spitballing here, but you get the idea.

I'd like to see more dynamic PvP bgs. Perhaps objects that change based on what other objectives get taken. A sort of upgraded Isle of Conquest.
    More randomization in bgs too. I don't know how difficult it would be, but throwing some interesting barriers down or some "mutators" on maps could at least make things interesting. Like a "One way in, every way out" Mutator for Twin Peaks, where there is only one entrance to the flag room, but you can leave out any of the normal exits. Or something. Again spitballing. The idea being, it would break up the monotony even between same map bgs.

I'd like to see more BGs the size of IoC or AV. Something about being surrounded by that many players feels epic to me. Especially when we are all working separately together to achieve something.

Gotta get back to work or I'd elaborate more, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Lostblade01; 2015-06-03 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Flying didn't kill world pvp, battlegrounds and arenas did
    its more que craft, bg and arena existed in bc yet world pvp was pretty active even on my medium server.

Remove South American Realms from the US Realm queue, and many will be extremely happy.

Have to admit, playing against Russians is extremely frustrating at times, when you are literally inside their character model and the game claims that they are "out of range"...

Also, balance has never been what's made games fun, at least not in my experience. The intense highs/lows and frustrations that come with imbalance is part of the fun, within reason of course. When everything is all the same it becomes stale

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Pozitron View Post
    Just do everything like it was in WoTLK.

WoW is fixed.

yea, lets start with DKs and raise ghoul in arena
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Where's the option to remove it as it's a detriment to the game. Hours wasted on ashran that could have been spent on something other than a garrison naval mission UI...

Honestly I get that people enjoy it, but it needs to be spun off into its own game / servers.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Well to those that saying not allowing horde/alliance toons to mix in PVP (Battlegrounds/Arenas) I will have to disagree. Problem is that you basically have 2 BGs that are alliance heavy wins while the others are purely horde. Since lore has horde/alliance at peace and essentially nothing sane can be written to have them go full out then why not allow mixed teams. Overnight you've basically killed the whole one side dominates problem and could add for more interesting matches.