Oldschool raids on their respective level at live patch?

Dear MMO champs!

Me and a couple guildies have been considering to clear all oldschool raids on their respective level and on the current patch (6.1+).
    (i.e.: Molten core on level 60, Black temple on level 70,...)

We decided to put up some rules like: No DK's before wotlk, no heirlooms, etc... Just to make it a little bit 'harder'.
    Now I know that these raids will probably go easy (correct me if I'm wrong?), but I was hoping to get some more feedback on this concept.

The following:
    -Are the raids just faceroll at their respective level on this patch?
    -Are there any other rules we can use to make this content a bit harder/more challenging but still make it fun?

We are not with 25+ or 40+ people so take that into account.

Kind regards! Chasin!

My guild did this back in SoO when we were bored. We only had 11 people and we managed to get to Chromaggus in BWL before we hit a wall. Although Vaelastrasz was a bit of a bother as well.

We had the same rules as you, only we also said no BC greens/gear period while in vanilla, no enchants/gems from higher expacks, etc. It was pretty cool honestly. If you guys are Horde side on US, I have a 60 Tauren Hunter that'd love to help out if possible.

these raids were tuned around having SEVERELY limited classes. ex: melee ranged taunts that could be resisted or miss. hunters having mana. classes in general being limited by mana (not the case for any class anymore), very few classes having any movement speed increases and/or gap closers. very few defensive personal cooldowns, very few burst damage cooldown, very few classes having magic dispel/decurse/cleanse combinations etc. etc. etc.

they are either very very easy now or very hard, but regardless they are not the same encounter that blizzard originally intended or that players that played long before you experienced. you might as well be playing a different game. there are ways to experience old content as it was originally intended but i assume i'll get banned or something for talking about them.

They are not as easy as people think, as long as you don't do em with more than 8-10 people. Sodapoppin, Bajheera, Hotted, Chinglish, Cdew etc have been doing this for the last week or so, they've cleared everything except AQ40 so far, and they're starting with TBC content soon.

@Femur68 : We are Alliance unfortunately, I voted for Horde but most part wanted Alliance haha. Too bad! But for what I can understand is that it's pretty sweet to do yea
    @Eranthe/Emma Watson : I hope they are very hard haha, and well... We don't consider playing private servers, I kind of disgust them haha.
    @Adoxe : Great! I think our group will be with 7-8 people! Yea me and my guildies have been discussing it for sometime but now that I saw a vid on Soda's channel, and seeing it's pretty much possible; gives us some motivation as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They are not as easy as people think, as long as you don't do em with more than 8-10 people. Sodapoppin, Bajheera, Hotted, Chinglish, Cdew etc have been doing this for the last week or so, they've cleared everything except AQ40 so far, and they're starting with TBC content soon.
    So really nobodies in the raid worl . Also raiding old content at same level means nothing.

Global end of expansion raid nerfs. Toolkit overalls and improved scaling making classes significantly more powerful and so on. You will never recapture the moments of these raids unless u roll the time back to the respective expansion entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    So really nobodies in the raid worl . Also raiding old content at same level means nothing.

Global end of expansion raid nerfs. Toolkit overalls and improved scaling making classes significantly more powerful and so on. You will never recapture the moments of these raids unless u roll the time back to the respective expansion entirely.
    We're not trying to chase the feeling of nostalgia though, but just to basically have fun doing the raids & have something else to look forward to except just live-content raiding every week. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chasin View Post
    We're not trying to chase the feeling of nostalgia though, but just to basically have fun doing the raids & have something else to look forward to except just live-content raiding every week. ^^
    Well yeah I suppose but its fairly trivial shouldn't take too much effort to global one shot everything though

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Well yeah I suppose but its fairly trivial shouldn't take too much effort to global one shot everything though
    Just like LFR probably?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like LFR probably?
    No, because LFR is super important and reasons!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Just like LFR probably?
    No old raids actually have boss mechanic . Hello insanity / shadow traps

The incoming damage is extremely low, but the outgoing damage you need to beat some bosses enrage are a problem, especially if they have an unavoidable kill ability (Vaelestraz, Gorefiend) or gimmicks like mind control (Skeram). While you can duo most bosses, if you want to kill them all you will need 5-8 players (depending on how you geared them up).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! I wouldn't mind getting in on this fun. Are you guys EU or US? I'm US. I can make alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hey! I wouldn't mind getting in on this fun. Are you guys EU or US? I'm US. I can make alliance!
    Sorry man, we're EU and we're already overflowing with guildies wanting to get in haha. Might have to run with 2 teams even. But try proposing this at your guild? ^^

Yes, they are faceroll.

Game changed so much that even at same level you'll steamroll them with inferior numbers (10 on the 40man, 5-8 on the 25man ones).

So yea, won't really be fun.