Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    The problem Here is not using blood of a long dead pit lord. If gul'dan collected it in some way it's okay, the problem are the effects of this blood. Mostly changed for apparently no reason.
    The only guess is that the Pit Lord's death had consequences on the now-dead blood, consequences on which Gul'dan possibly worked on to "improve" the corruptive factor of the blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Loremastergatewood, you're right that the Pools of Aggonar in Outland show that, even with the death of the demon, his power doesn't vanish, and the powerful felblood lingers, and continues to corrupt.

That doesn't have to mean it doesn't go bad, however. For one thing, the pools are crawling with oozes, which in Warcraft are often a sign of rot and decay.

Certainly the blood and corruption hold power than can be extracted. Quite another thing would be to drink that blood, or inject it into yourself.

After all, if using putting this vile old blood into yourself would be as good of a plan as using the blood of a living Pit Lord, you'd expect the nearby Fel Orcs to be drinking those pools dry, rather than only relying on the blood they are extracting from Magtheridon.

According to Wyrt the new dailies have you collect vials of demon blood from the corrupted pools left after Mannoroth's death, in hopes it may lead to a cure for the effected orcs.

That does seem to confirm that these corrupted felblood waters, tainted by Mannoroth's corpse, are what Gul'dan has his followers drink.
    And that could certainly explain why the felblight growth emerging from these waters, covering Hellfire Citadel both outside and inside-
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/469610.jpg (huge image)

-appears to be the same black fel-riddled felblight we see covering the new fel orcs.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ubei_baked.jpg (huge image)

Which would mean that dead demon blood, while powerful, certainly has its drawbacks.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2015-05-30 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Images were bigger than expected

Gul'dan probably modified it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

According to Wyrt the new dailies have you collect vials of demon blood from the corrupted pools left after Mannoroth's death, in hopes it may lead to a cure for the effected orcs.
    Nope, the blood drops from the demon blood orcs. They even try to chug more of the blood when they're near death, it just gives them a buff though, doesn't change them further.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nope, the blood drops from the demon blood orcs. They even try to chug more of the blood when they're near death, it just gives them a buff though, doesn't change them further.
    i think that's for gameplay purposes

To be honest I am fine with demonic blood mutation not being terribly consistent, it should be chaotic by nature.

To Wyrt. Ah, I see. I misunderstood your meaning then.

To Imnick. Blizz has actually been decently consistent before. With green skin and possibly red eyes, for normal exposure, and red skin for further greater exposure, to Pit Lord Blood. The orcs turn into red fel orcs in Warcraft 3 as well, when a group drinks water tainted with Mannoroth's blood, a second time.

This new appearance of purple skin, green eyes, and black felblood growths, is new. If that's just the effect of Mannoroth having been dead for years, that would be an acceptable explanation, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you clean your blood vials with spit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This is what happens when you get your blood from pitlords "made in pandaria".

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    To Wyrt. Ah, I see. I misunderstood your meaning then.

To Imnick. Blizz has actually been decently consistent before. With green skin and possibly red eyes, for normal exposure, and red skin for further greater exposure, to Pit Lord Blood. The orcs turn into red fel orcs in Warcraft 3 as well, when a group drinks water tainted with Mannoroth's blood, a second time.

This new appearance of purple skin, green eyes, and black felblood growths, is new. If that's just the effect of Mannoroth having been dead for years, that would be an acceptable explanation, to me.
    When was the last time that was stated in game though? WC3? While its clearly a lore inconsistency, its a small one (eg, doesn't have any impact on how races or characters interact. Just what Orcs look like). Its noticeable but small and from a long time ago.

And speaking of from a long time ago, it was also written when they were very limited what they graphically could do. (I don't know if they could've made dark orcs actually look demonic.) In addition, that era was created with very bright colors to stand out, possibly due to graphical limitations of not being able to create recognizable differences in slight color variations.

Tl;dr Dark Purple/Green Fel Orcs in a vacuum (eg, if we never knew Red Orcs existed) most likely looks better and fits better. Its essentially a very small change for something that is subtly important. Making the environments look "normal".
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Maybe the new Fel Orcs lack the "demonic drive" that allowed them to be manipulated and are simply roided on the blood. So maintains power but lack the demonic control? so when Mammaroth died in MU the drive went not the power? Gul'dan might have done this so the New Fel Horde would be loyal to him over the legion

Just Spit balling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Because Gul'dan is intelligent, to say the least. He doesn't want to be bound by the will of a pit lord, especially one he himself probably views as lower than him. (not to mention loldead,lolresurrected)

I doubt Gul'dan would willingly drink any demons blood because of the known effects, he's too crafty for that sort of thing. Though... I would really like to see politic bargaining between demons and minions for greater power within the legion... That is one thing that is really missed out on is the inner social workings and rankings of this legion. They sort of seem like a mindless horde, or a zerg with Sargeras being the ultimate hive mind.
    But Gul'dan did drink the demon blood, that's why he's green and has red glowing eyes.

Warlocks can phase-shift into the Nether if they mix their imps' blood with fel tainted water and pour the mixture on themselves.

Edit: I wonder what would happen if warlocks actually drank their imps' blood.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-31 at 03:02 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Maybe it isn't pure demon blood anymore? Gul'dan has had plenty of time to work on it with his Warlock crew and confer with the Demon Lords and whatnot. Maybe he's buffed the mix up to be more potent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Best couch gag. EVER.

This is an excerpt from a post I made pertaining to this conundrum months ago on the official forum:

I've always imagined that when the Old Horde drank the blood, they were being corrupted by two distinct sources simultaneously:

-- The first being the fel energy, which was infused in the blood.
    -- The second being the blood itself.

I mean, consider that within the Warcraft Universe it's typical for those who are only showing slight signs of corruption to have it reflected in their eye color, whereas those who are showing major signs of corruption show it in their skin/hair colors. It's possible that when they drank the blood, the fel energy contained within it immediately sent them into the second stage of corruption (i.e. green skin) but the blood itself was also slightly corrupting them with its own particular brand of horrible (i.e. red eyes).

This could explain why virtually every other race that has come into contact with demonic energy, through numerous methods and under a myriad of circumstances, never have red eyes. Ever.

This imagining worked well for the last, I don't know, decade because every source either stated or depicted Mannoroth's blood as being red (see. Chaos Wells, Hellfire Citadel, etc.). Yet, the cinematic for this expansion completely changes that by depicting it as green. So definitely some chinks in the story Blizzard needs to have @DaveKosak, @ChrisMetzen, @AdjutantJuPa or @MickyNeilson take a crack at normalizing.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16719301982#13

Basically, the supposition would be that their original corruption wasn't a singularly sourced event but instead two distinct corrosive elements, working in tandem. Those two elements, of course, being Fel Energy and Annihilan Blood.

It would be easy to imagine that the side-effects of exposure to these elements would come about at varying dosages; that is to say, perhaps it only takes a smidgen of Fel Energy to illicit a physical change whereas it could take pints or gallons of Annihilan Blood to illicit changes in the same anatomical region.

Edit: Now, of course, this isn't to suggest that Annihilan Blood is more corrosive than Fel Energy. It's simply suggesting that perhaps both composites were corrupting them and one of them was simply more visible at low-levels of exposure (the Fel) and the other one only showed its ugly head when it had reached high-levels of exposure (the Blood).

Also, not entirely unreasonable to assume that Fel Energy constitutes something less than 50% of their blood content which could mean that, in the long term, their blood would win out as far as which elements corrosion gets the job done.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2015-06-07 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mannoroth's blood has been green since 2006...
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-06-07 at 03:08 PM.

After Brutallus died his felblood raised Madrigosa as an undead dragon.

After Aggonar died his felblood manifested as fel oozes which drained life. Blobs of fel-tainted life-energy consuming life wha......? That's like crazy man.

According to a quest that was removed once Doomguard are killed their blood manifest as blood creatures and resurrects their bodies.

I wonder if Gul'dan somehow uses Mannoroth's own blood, along with the fel spires, to raise him.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-06-07 at 06:18 PM.