Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[M] Blackhand Help Spirest

Hey guys. I just wanted some advice for p1 of blackhand. We're doing the horseshoe strat for movement and while we have foxes for 3/4 movement periods I'm really struggling to break 35k DPS. Is this a common problem? I watched some vids and some shadow priests are maintaining ~40k DPS in similar gear to me. I can't link logs atm however if you search for the guild Adapt on spirestone and look at Tuesday I was in those attempts.

Here's what I'm doing.

Make sure I have dots refreshed before the move and attempt to make sure MB is on CD. Use Cascade if it is up and fox is not, SW:P/PW:S/Fade otherwise. When fox is up i'll channel mindflay/insanity until I can get to the next stop spot. Is there anything else I can be doing to help increase me DPS during P1?

I wish I could help more but I play disc. I can tell you that spriests are one of the weaker classes in p1 though. You will more than make up for it in p3. It looks like in p1 our spriests are running around 36-37k on p1, so it sounds like you are in the right ballpark.

Hmm guess I can't post links yet, If you are interested we have 2 in our kill this week, You can find us on Antisocial Club.

I'll do that when I get the chance. I'm at work and while MMO-C works fine, logs do not.

Deleted
    You will struggle to maintain solid DPS in P1, this is standard. The only chance you have of doing good DPS is to start with extra orbs or have BoPs and plenty of foxes. Restored Faith glyph to replace reflective shield will help, you can use it during P1 to give you a few extra seconds of DPS after a fox ends, during P2 to leap behind a tank and P3 when you get knocked back by mark, you can grip to someone to resume DPS.

A little tip for foxes. If you start casting a spell (not a channeled ability) and keep moving, it will finish the cast as long as you don't press another movement button or stop. This can be useful if MB is about to come off CD at the same time as fox is finishing or you can hardcast a VT to refresh it early.

Your DPS in P2 and P3 will make up for P1 so much so that you may end up top on damage at the end of the fight especially if you aren't required to do the balconies.

Awesome. Didn't know that about Fox, to bad its getting removed. I'm not on balcony duty thankfully so i'll be able to purely DPS the boss and maybe SW off the siege if possible.

There's also a trick to get double trinket procs and on top of if that priest is starting with 5 orbs, pretty easy to do 40k+ sustained.

35k is fine though, phase 1 isn't much of a dps check with all the gear your raid is swimming in.

Also your gear is terrible too. You are running 4pc with molten torrent leggings yet you don't even break 20% crit unbuffed? No goren-soul trinket?

I actually logged out in holy gear. Currently i have 18% unbuffed which does suck. RNG has not been kind to me in regards to the GSR Trinket either.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I actually logged out in holy gear. Currently i have 18% unbuffed which does suck. RNG has not been kind to me in regards to the GSR Trinket either.
    Nah you were in shadow gear when I checked, had 18% crit not 16% and wearing mythic darmac trinket + heroic blackhand.

You've never seen a heroic or mythic GSR?

Deleted
    Probably common problem... Doing around 35k dps overal. Occasionally I do over 40. 50k once , 29k? Why not. My average is close to 35k and I don't think there is anything I can do better. We have only 1 or 2 hunters usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    Nah you were in shadow gear when I checked, had 18% crit not 16% and wearing mythic darmac trinket + heroic blackhand.

You've never seen a heroic or mythic GSR?
    Seen plenty. Actually get one? No.

I swapped around some gear and now have 20.42% crit unbuffed, should make it better.

Seen plenty. Actually get one? No.

I swapped around some gear and now have 20.42% crit unbuffed, should make it better.
    Better yes, but hopefully you understand you won't see similar numbers until you get a GSR. Sadly it's a make or break trinket for AS. So if you're pulling 35k average without you're doing fine.

Better yes, but hopefully you understand you won't see similar numbers until you get a GSR. Sadly it's a make or break trinket for AS. So if you're pulling 35k average without you're doing fine.
    Already dropped a total of 20 seals trying to get this trinket.

Ever considered the crafted one? It's a sort-of GSR that goes up to heroic level at least. Should be better than the BH trinket, which is fairly poop tbh.

Deleted
    Well the BH trinket is bis especially for CoP, it just requires getting lucky on cache or actually killing mythic blackhand. Before the ilevel buff, it was weaker than the other two.

Good news. Got the GSR off of my last seal last night. Did a quick normal run with it and good god the DPS increase is insane.

There's also a trick to get double trinket procs and...
    Can you share this trick, please?

casters can have double trinket/ring rppm proc on the pull with travel time spells, due to how rppm resets once the boss is engaged.

For exemple, a MK can Starsurge and get the trinket proc while SS is mid air. Then the trinkets rppm will resets and he will get second procs right after.
    Furty made a video for his opener on Destro Warlock that explains it better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaQFlH13dE

So after trying a lot of spell on Spriest. A friendly Spriest by the name of Paulyo told me that http://www.wowhead.com/item=119083/fruit-basket does proc our trinkets.
    So I tried it a bit and it doesn't works 100% by its own, but you can still ensure that your trinkets proc prepull this way:
    Throwing the Basket puts YOU in combat, then you can launch Cascade that will proc your trinkets as you fire the spell. Then the boss is pulled and your rppm should reset.

#showtooltip Cascade
    /use Fruit Basket
    /cast Cascade

Fruit Basket isnt on the GCD so you can perfectly do it. You could also use another spell like PW:S. Be aware that the Basket has a 30y range.

Source: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...2ce43e61b4057b

casters can have double trinket/ring rppm proc on the pull with travel time spells, due to how rppm resets once the boss is engaged.

For exemple, a MK can Starsurge and get the trinket proc while SS is mid air. Then the trinkets rppm will resets and he will get second procs right after.
    Furty made a video for his opener on Destro Warlock that explains it better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaQFlH13dE

So after trying a lot of spell on Spriest. A friendly Spriest by the name of Paulyo told me that http://www.wowhead.com/item=119083/fruit-basket does proc our trinkets.
    So I tried it a bit and it doesn't works 100% by its own, but you can still ensure that your trinkets proc prepull this way:
    Throwing the Basket puts YOU in combat, then you can launch Cascade that will proc your trinkets as you fire the spell. Then the boss is pulled and your rppm should reset.

#showtooltip Cascade
    /use Fruit Basket
    /cast Cascade

Fruit Basket isnt on the GCD so you can perfectly do it. You could also use another spell like PW:S. Be aware that the Basket has a 30y range.

I prefer PW:S as it doesn't have any positional requirement (outside of the range of Fruit Basket), but to each their own.

#showtooltip Cascade
    /use Fruit Basket
    /cast Cascade

Sill working after this hotfix?

Hotfixes
    April 6, 2015 - Fruit Basket should no longer incorrectly have a chance to trigger trinket effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Musaxinho View Post
    Sill working after this hotfix?

Hotfixes
    April 6, 2015 - Fruit Basket should no longer incorrectly have a chance to trigger trinket effects.
    Try it. It definitely still works.