Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Druids Need Some Pizazz!

This has nothing to do with class balancing/function/design.

-Purely Cosmetic-

Druids need some love in the visuals department. Can we get like a 10-25% increase to animal form sizes? Playing as a giant bear would be so much more appealing than the current Bear form. Same for Cat. Like seriously, why do hunters get these huge dinosaur pets and I'm stuck here dps'ing as a freaking house cat?

I know the druid models got an update fairly recently, but maybe make the forms larger or introduce some other animal forms.

For example: glyph of the cobra: take on the appearance of a snake while in cat form (Feral). Or maybe different alternative animal forms for each race such as:

Alliance races: Lion form (replaces cat), Owl (replaces (flight), Darnassus ancient (updated tree form)

Just some random examples, but my main complaint is that the animal forms are just too damn small! This is the main "gimmick," or calling-card if you will, of being a Druid! There are even quests in the game where you use an item to transform into essentially I giant feral druid.

Deleted
    Would be cool.

But I fear I'm in too deep. Whenever someone swaps appearance with me out of bear form, I hiss and spasm as if a vampire in sunlight. I am so used to it.

I believe that would be a problem to other melee players that want to see their toons... But if its something that only you could see, It would be really cool!

And I would be totally up for some new glyphs to change cat's visuals... On horde's side, Tauren is 'meh' and Troll's seems like out from a LSD trip... which is cool but not as the Night Elves one :3

Have to admit my beef with druids is that you can never see your true gear... i used to love getting solid armor weapons and shields on my warrior just for the looks... but on the druid? Always the bear butt.

Even as boomkin, you get the blueish look with the glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh druids are pretty flashy, they just need a visual update on their freakin' chicken form.

Shadow priests reaaally need some love as well. In fact most classes could probably use some updates.

i wish i had some pizza
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be ecstatic if they could maybe add things to our current forms. Armor, tribal things, etc. That would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Druid forms were alarmingly large pre-update. I'd like them restored to that size.

Moonkin form is pathetic.

And the glyph is horrible aswell, with that 'shadowy' appearance... why not just have a regular form if they can't be bothered updating the proper form?

It's pathetic to have it as it is now... every race getting updated, and boomkins get the shit show, woohoo.

Deleted
    At least warlock pet models don't get updates before more than 10 years old moonkin models... oh wait?!

Someone earlier on the forums around here somewhere had suggested giving druids a mechanic similar to hunters whereas we could earn different forms. Like a hunter can tame any number of cats in the game, we would be able to find a model we wanted to look like and have that available to us. I always thought that was a cool idea since I saw it suggested.

That and I wish that dash, displacer, and roar wouldn't change my form. As a resto druid, I don't take the minor glyph to be a tree because every time I want to move it goes away and I can't be bothered mid-attempt to change into a purely cosmetic form =(

Deleted
    Just remove the stupid balance nipple above my head and i'll be alright.

I'm just happy to be able to finally use deviates and other stuff like that as boomkin 8)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Can we get like a 10-25% increase to animal form sizes?
    Why, so our fat bear form butts can take up even MORE of the camera's view?

Yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zamn View Post
    I'm just happy to be able to finally use deviates and other stuff like that as boomkin 8)
    This. The shapeshift models are fine (sure, Moonkin looks dumb but... you're a moonkin soooo). Those wanting some gear to shine through on their shapeshifts: that would be a huge investment of art resources that I'd rather Blizzard devote to other things.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't mind not being able to see armor. In fact, that's part of what I find so appealing about druids-animal shapeshifters, one with nature, etc. When I read the class description years ago it seemed really cool, "Seriously? I can transform into a bear?!?"

All class mechanics aside, I just feel now that the animal forms are a bit underwhelming. If I want to admire my gear, I can just shift out of form and stand in Stormwind or whatever if I want to show off

Meanwhile, I'm tanking or melee dps as cat/bear next to a spectral tiger pet, or a giant triceratops, devilsaur, Hydra pet......feels like the other classes were given a little more visual umph (hunter in that example).

If you dont like how you cant see your gear... dont play druid? I hate how melee cant see anything other than the bosses ass so i dont play melee. I dont complain about it and ask for a total rework.

If you want to see your gear, dont go into your form when you are not in combat, simple as that. I will only be in moonkin for right before combat starts

I thought you said druids need pizzas. And I got excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryin View Post
    I thought you said druids need pizzas. And I got excited.
    I mean... I wouldn't be mad if they gave us pizzas too...

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    I mean... I wouldn't be mad if they gave us pizzas too...
    or butter sandwiches