Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "75 protesters" it is horrifying that 75 persons can get that much media attention and called demonstration, then demonstration of thousands is completely unreported because they demonstrate about something totally conventional.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's the volatility of the situation... 75 gun toting idiots hoping someone will give them an excuse to start shooting things.

Every media outlet, educational institution, politician, anyone anywhere whose livelihood depends on free speech needs to stand up together and end this shit where insulting Mohammad is a death sentence.

It's utterly absurd that people shy away from it and allow it to continue to be restricted on threat of death.

If everyone in the world did it, there's no way they can attack them all. At that point the crazy killers would have to confront reality. It should be normal, it should be acceptable.

Being restrictive and hesitant about this shit is immensely insulting to those throughout history that have fought for free thought and free expression, in favor of satisfying those that no one should seek to appease-- the opponents of liberty and peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Every media outlet, educational institution, politician, anyone anywhere whose livelihood depends on free speech needs to stand up together and end this shit where insulting Mohammad is a death sentence.

It's utterly absurd that people shy away from it and allow it to continue to be restricted on threat of death.

If everyone in the world did it, there's no way they can attack them all. At that point the crazy killers would have to confront reality. It should be normal, it should be acceptable.

Being restrictive and hesitant about this shit is immensely insulting to those throughout history that have fought for free thought and free expression, in favor of satisfying those that no one should seek to appease-- the opponents of liberty and peace.
    So they're protesting a mosque full of people completely uninvolved in anything you just said?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So they're protesting a mosque full of people completely uninvolved in anything you just said?
    Considering that mosque produced 2 people that tried to kill people over it, I'd have to go with no.

Aside from that, it doesn't matter where they do it. Everyone should be doing it, everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that mosque produced 2 people that tried to kill people over it, I'd have to go with no.

Aside from that, it doesn't matter where they do it. Everyone should be doing it, everywhere.

So you're one of those people that doesn't believe that Muslims the world over condemn organizations like ISIS, when the complete obliteration of said viewpoint is literally a Google search away?

And besides, "produced?" More like "two people that went there at some point." I mean shit, I'm sure KKK members shop at super markets. Should we stage protests and verbally heckle everyone that walks in and out of a southern Albertsons to make sure they are appropriately condemning the KKK?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you're one of those people that doesn't believe that Muslims the world over condemn organizations like ISIS, when the complete obliteration of said viewpoint is literally a Google search away?

And besides, "produced?" More like "two people that went there at some point." I mean shit, I'm sure KKK members shop at super markets. Should we stage protests and verbally heckle everyone that walks in and out of a southern Albertsons to make sure they are appropriately condemning the KKK?
    Sure, if Albertsons is preaching morality, and its shoppers are becoming radicalized.

I don't care if Muslims the world over condemn ISIS. That doesn't make ISIS itself not a problem.

I'm also not going to sit here and have this argument, because it's not the point I made.

This shit should be going on everywhere. In front of churches and mosques is part of everywhere.

If you want to defend the opponents of free speech, you're welcome to do so, but I'm not going to let your mental gymnastics obfuscate the reality that that's what you're trying to do.

I wonder what kind of extensive mental gymnastic you conduct while forming your opinions in order to blame no one but Muslims when it comes to actions of minority. I do not remember you blaming Norway for actions of Anders Breivik.

Certainly gives a new meaning to free-dumb. These people filled with hate for people who follow a different religion are using scummy Westboro Baptist Church tactics. They surround a place of interest (soldier funeral, gay pride parade, whatever) and spew hatred to provoke a reaction, then sue people who do anything to them in response.

Thing is, Westboro Baptist Church is more morally tolerable than these racially bigoted hate mongers. Even beyond that, they're more educated. They're a family of lawyers. The Westboro Baptist Church's founder, Fred Phelps was a civil rights lawyer who won a medal from the NAACP. He represented civil rights cases pro-bono in the 60's, when Pamela Gellar's equivalent back then, George Wallace and such, were going around and enforcing racism. The only reward of merit for Pamela Gellar or any of the other free-dumb loving bigots are from watchdog groups who point out incredibly antisocial anti-Muslim extremist rhetoric for arousing strife.

Reminder: Criticizing people who think and/or act like this apeish thug asshole for being fucking bigoted assholes isn't blaming the victim. It's pointing out bullies who pick on minority groups of people.

What really gets me is when closeted bigots claim that it is blaming the victim to say these provocateurs who thuggishly swarm places and rile people up expect what they get coming to them. They explicitly organize with the intent of causing a ruckus. They acknowledge, individually, that they want to drive people to violence. If you want to compare that to a white, male cop in the 90's crime era telling a woman she was asking for it when she walks out at night, we know how lowly and hatefully you think of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I wonder what kind of extensive mental gymnastic you conduct while forming your opinions in order to blame no one but Muslims when it comes to actions of minority.
    What? Who am I supposed to blame for people killing people over pictures of their prophet aside from the people that teach that you should kill people over pictures of said prophet?

I mean, if you want to build a straw man by saying I'm only against this and not that, at least say what you think that is.

Could really use more events like this in my opinion.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

What? Who am I supposed to blame for people killing people over pictures of their prophet aside from the people that teach that you should kill people over pictures of said prophet?

I mean, if you want to build a straw man by saying I'm only against this and not that, at least say what you think that is.
    You should blame those who follow that kind of ideology, not someone who prays in peace in some mosque.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You should blame those who follow that kind of ideology, not someone who prays in peace in some mosque.
    I went to school with catholics that would take their kids to abortion clinics and make them lay down in front of cars that tried to enter the parking lots.

I blame the people that taught them that was the right thing to do, i.e. their crazy fucking church.

You can teach whatever you want. That's part of free speech.

You have to face the backlash for the results of what you teach. That's part of free speech, too.

Deleted
    I'm also not going to sit here and have this argument, because it's not the point I made.
    You didn't really make a point in your post, it looked more like you just lost your shit for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    You didn't really make a point in your post, it looked more like you just lost your shit for some reason.
    I thought my point was quite clear.

Everybody should partake in pissing off the people that threaten to kill anyone that pisses them off for such ridiculous reasoning.

That is the only acceptable solution.

Appeasement is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    "75 protesters" it is horrifying that 75 persons can get that much media attention and called demonstration, then demonstration of thousands is completely unreported because they demonstrate about something totally conventional.
    Yeah, this whole "Internet echo chamber" thing is annoying and probably dangerous.

The whole drawing pictures of Muhammad and tearing up the Koran stuff, if someone gets shot a lot of us are going to be shaking our heads saying what did you expect? Poke a lion with a stick, you get bit and you're surprised?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The whole drawing pictures of Muhammad and tearing up the Koran stuff, if someone gets shot a lot of us are going to be shaking our heads saying what did you expect? Poke a lion with a stick, you get bit and you're surprised?
    And that's absolutely horrible.

Were we the nation we once were, and still believe we are, they'd be the next guy picking up the picture to hold up.

Seriously, this is a place where political correctness has gone too far. When you're willing to blame the victims of murder because someone gets offended over cartoons, you've simply lost touch with the very ideals that make us free.

Would you say you're just going to go "well what did you expect" if a bunch of beautiful women start walking around in bikinis to protest the idea of victim blaming in rape and a group of angry extremist mra shows up to attempt "mass rape"?

Deleted
    That is the only acceptable solution.
    You talk like an extremist. I don't like extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Certainly gives a new meaning to free-dumb. These people filled with hate for people who follow a different religion are using scummy Westboro Baptist Church tactics. They surround a place of interest (soldier funeral, gay pride parade, whatever) and spew hatred to provoke a reaction, then sue people who do anything to them in response.

Thing is, Westboro Baptist Church is more morally tolerable than these racially bigoted hate mongers. Even beyond that, they're more educated. They're a family of lawyers. The Westboro Baptist Church's founder, Fred Phelps was a civil rights lawyer who won a medal from the NAACP. He represented civil rights cases pro-bono in the 60's, when Pamela Gellar's equivalent back then, George Wallace and such, were going around and enforcing racism. The only reward of merit for Pamela Gellar or any of the other free-dumb loving bigots are from watchdog groups who point out incredibly antisocial anti-Muslim extremist rhetoric for arousing strife.

Reminder: Criticizing people who think and/or act like this apeish thug asshole for being fucking bigoted assholes isn't blaming the victim. It's pointing out bullies who pick on minority groups of people.

What really gets me is when closeted bigots claim that it is blaming the victim to say these provocateurs who thuggishly swarm places and rile people up expect what they get coming to them. They explicitly organize with the intent of causing a ruckus. They acknowledge, individually, that they want to drive people to violence. If you want to compare that to a white, male cop in the 90's crime era telling a woman she was asking for it when she walks out at night, we know how lowly and hatefully you think of women.
    Well, that's the thing about free-dumb. In the United States we have the right to be filled with hate, to be racially bigoted hate mongers if we choose. We have a right to engage in antisocial, anti-Muslim extremist rhetoric if we want. I'm sorry that seems to get you so upset. I think the real bigots are the ones who say that their religion is the absolute final revelation and last word of god, and then want to simultaneously shut down anyone who challenges that proposition. That, to me would seem to be the ultimate example of intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    You talk like an extremist. I don't like extremists.
    So you choose to stand up for extremists that kill people for saying the wrong thing, in the face of "extremists" who think we have to make it downright impossible for the murderous ones to achieve their goals.

Somehow I don't get the impression you're thinking this through.